PDA

View Full Version : Smoking & Slot Bonuses

CPT
07-04-2016, 04:59 PM
I witnessed this yesterday and have noticed it previously, but I have to ask! Once the bonus was triggered, she would get out her cigarette and light up. BUT Only during the bonus. Is it because you have a free hand during the bonus or does it add to the pleasure of a bonus round? Just a question! :pride:

SoCalRob
07-04-2016, 05:16 PM
I witnessed this yesterday and have noticed it previously, but I have to ask! Once the bonus was triggered, she would get out her cigarette and light up. BUT Only during the bonus. Is it because you have a free hand during the bonus or does it add to the pleasure of a bonus round? Just a question! :pride:
I've seen this happen too! I've always thought it interesting....

darrellk
07-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Good question for@zeus as both he and Allen would light up when they got the bonus in Kansas City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hccj
07-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Ken, That is a really good question. I am a former smoker, who no longer likes the taste of cigarettes. HOWEVER, I smoke actual cigarettes in Las Vegas for some reason. AND, I light up when I get a Bonus. Other than seeking out the cigarettes, it is not a conscious decision ... I just do it. I think it is like work while spinning and the bonus is the "smoke break". Who knows by people do such things. It is interesting that you made such an observation.

goldengreeke
07-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I would light up during every bonus round, except I always have one lit anyway lol.
http://data.whicdn.com/images/128477855/large.jpg

charlie50
07-04-2016, 05:58 PM
As a former smoker perhaps i can explain . if one lights up during regular play you spend most of your time pushing the buttons and watching the screen while the ciggy just burns, wasting it away . so this person is maximizing there smoking enjoyment time . with how expensive smokes are now i cant blame them for waiting

Nhcris
07-04-2016, 06:25 PM
I like to get my cigarette ready and light it at the exact moment I push the Start button. It adds to the anticipation for the bonus for me. Just another weird slot superstition I guess :greedy_dollars:

zeus
07-04-2016, 06:32 PM
Good question for@zeus as both he and Allen would light up when they got the bonus in Kansas City.

It's like an added bonus! [emoji2]

I don't know, but it is something that I do. Get a bonus, wait the proper amount of time to start the bonus, stand up and get a smoke and light up. BUT only if there is no one around me. I will not smoke around folks that do not smoke. I am a true southern gentleman.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TwoArmedBandito
07-04-2016, 07:17 PM
It's like an added bonus! [emoji2]

I don't know, but it is something that I do. Get a bonus, wait the proper amount of time to start the bonus, stand up and get a smoke and light up. BUT only if there is no one around me. I will not smoke around folks that do not smoke. I am a true southern gentleman.

I didn't know you smoked?! I guess I haven't seen you get a bonus? You can light up if you're around me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dailun
07-04-2016, 07:19 PM
When I used to smoke, it would be because of the "free hand".

zeus
07-04-2016, 07:20 PM
I didn't know you smoked?! I guess I haven't seen you get a bonus? You can light up if you're around me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I try to be mindful. I will go off in to a corner somewhere. Thanks, but no, I wouldn't around you.

darrellk
07-04-2016, 07:34 PM
So if you run out of cigarettes that probably means you had a lot of bonuses then right ? HHH

charlie50
07-04-2016, 09:48 PM
When I used to smoke, it would be because of the "free hand".

Thats a right hand ,left hand thing ..My left is absolutely useless hhh .the only reason i can think of that i have it is just to balance things out . other than that it basically just good for holding things that dont require any kind of coordination .

slotmanjack
07-05-2016, 05:05 AM
Nothing better than a beer and dart watching a free spin bonus!

Missed many great videos because of it, need a third hand!

owls
07-05-2016, 11:32 AM
I'm a non-smoker, but have seen this. I always assumed it was for stress relief or a good-luck behavior. Similar to tapping or rubbing screens.

dvandentop
07-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Oh yeah saw several peeps light it up before starting bonus hhh

ineedajackpot
07-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Yep, perfect time for a smoke. Really don't know why I do it, LOL Maybe to celebrate.

Joangca
07-14-2016, 02:46 AM
Last week in Vegas saw more being smoked than cigs. Lots of "medical" marijuana on the strip.

Retrigger
07-16-2016, 06:53 PM
Wonder what they do if they got 1,000 spin bonus on Konami slots. Smoke 3 packs? Lol

Morgan777
07-18-2016, 02:17 AM
I pretty much only smoke when I gamble and I light up for bonuses too. Just seems like a good time for a smoke lol

Stuntman641
07-21-2016, 02:36 AM
I am known to have a congratulatory smoke after a big win or a hand pay!
I guess many share this same vice.
:)