PDA

View Full Version : Changes to the CET comp program and room comp rates

dailun
08-04-2016, 05:32 PM
I recently had a trip with a very disturbing outcome.

Based of the formula that I had been using for the past year, I thought that everything was "covered" with ease.

My host told me that he would cover my comps, but I would show this trip as "overcomped". I asked him to explain, and I explained how I thought I was well within the limits.

So, as it turns out, they have (apparently) changed the way the calculate Theo for slot players. I was told by my host at Reno that for slot players it was TC/2. This trip at LV, it was calculated as TC/3. I have asked my LV host to verify that and I will also ask my Reno host.

In addition, the room rates at Augustus Tower at Caesars Palace went from $120 a night to almost $200 a night.

So, 1000TC days are not going to be enough to "make" my room at Augustus Tower anymore.

I may have to start going to Reno/Tahoe again and save Caesars for "special" occasions.

Also, 2017 may be my last year as CET 7*, because it just won't be "worth it".

goldengreeke
08-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Interesting but not surprising to me. CET properties in Vegas have ALWAYS been tighter than anywhere else in the Country.

I remember 3 years ago I stayed at Harrahs in Vegas for 3 days and accumulated 3,500 TR credits. I had $180.00 in meals charged to my room and they wouldn't take one cent off...said I didn't play enough! (I had already cashed out all my RC credits in the gift shop to prevent them from using them toward my room charges.)

When I average 1,000 TR credits a day at Harrahs in Kansas City and Joliet or Horseshoe in Hammond, Tunica,and Council Bluffs, they comp off EVERYTHING!!

Jen Jen
08-04-2016, 06:16 PM
That really sucks especially when you give them plenty of play. I use to be a loyal CET player and decide to just now play where I am want to enjoy my stay.

clemi
08-04-2016, 11:11 PM
So disturbing to hear about this dailun. I know for sure I'll be overcomped this weekend if true :(

treyster
08-05-2016, 12:56 AM
We're fresh off a 4 nt stay at Bally's, we ended up with a little over 4000 TC this trip but only about 2600 were earned on slots. The rest were bonus points and room points.

Anyhow, the day before we left we walked in and our host comped off $250 from our room. We paid a small amount for a Jubilee Celebrity Suite upgrade from our comped room. We're not Diamond, just Platinum so we were subject to resort fees. Honestly I think we were treated great.

It seems most of the Vegas rewards programs are being tinkered with again. That's why we stopped with the Grazie program for now; our play didn't change, their comp program did.

zeus
08-05-2016, 01:05 AM
We average 1,400-2,000 tiers per day. I hope that will be enough to keep them happy so we continue to get the Augustus Tower. We have come to really like the room. We do not care if we get a suite because we never seem to use all of the space, but we do like a nice room. I guess we will find out after our trip next month. I may have to email our host to see if we satisfied them once we get home.

clemi
08-05-2016, 01:15 AM
I too will be interested to see what happens to me after my Vegas weekend.

We need a separate discussion on ADT, MDV and whatever it is that CET rates us by.

At the end of my Tahoe trip I did ask what my ADT was: will ask again at the end of this trip.... As well as MDV.

dvandentop
08-05-2016, 01:53 AM
Interesting for sure making a big leap in comp pricing on rooms

dailun
08-05-2016, 06:58 PM
OK, an update.

I asked to change my room to the Forum Tower, and my host did so. I asked him what the comp rate on a Forum Tower room was.

He came back and told me that an Augustus Tower room without a view of the Bellagio Fountains was $145, and the Forum Tower was $129, so he put me back in the Augustus Tower. I told him that I was OK with that.

dailun
08-05-2016, 07:01 PM
We average 1,400-2,000 tiers per day. I hope that will be enough to keep them happy so we continue to get the Augustus Tower. We have come to really like the room. We do not care if we get a suite because we never seem to use all of the space, but we do like a nice room. I guess we will find out after our trip next month. I may have to email our host to see if we satisfied them once we get home.

Hmmmm. I'm such a cheap bastard I can't stop at 2,000 because of the bonus credits for 2,500. I just cut back to 1,000 the next day. See my update about Augustus Tower comp rates.

zeus
08-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Hmmmm. I'm such a cheap bastard I can't stop at 2,000 because of the bonus credits for 2,500. I just cut back to 1,000 the next day. See my update about Augustus Tower comp rates.
Thanks for the update. I am in a minority here by not caring what kind of view I have in Vegas. I never seem to look out the window anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Blase
08-05-2016, 07:14 PM
We're fresh off a 4 nt stay at Bally's, we ended up with a little over 4000 TC this trip but only about 2600 were earned on slots. The rest were bonus points and room points.

Anyhow, the day before we left we walked in and our host comped off $250 from our room. We paid a small amount for a Jubilee Celebrity Suite upgrade from our comped room. We're not Diamond, just Platinum so we were subject to resort fees. Honestly I think we were treated great.

It seems most of the Vegas rewards programs are being tinkered with again. That's why we stopped with the Grazie program for now; our play didn't change, their comp program did.

Were you comped using your reward credits?

I was peeved when I had rooms at Bally's in May for my sister's wedding. I got myself a room, and then my sister a room, which was comped. When I checked out, I saw that they charged me for resort fees for the second room. Apparently even though I'm diamond, they can't comp you for resort fees on more than one room, fine I get it. So I asked at check out if I could get those comped based on play, she sent me to see the host on duty (Lucy, maybe?) and she made a quick phone call and told me they would be comped, and wrote COMPED on my folio. Of course when I get home I discover that the $120 something was taken from my reward credits. I emailed my host, Joanne Bacon, and was told "they will not comp anything off if you have available reward credits. You must use those first."

I am very frustrated with the inconsistencies displayed with the TR comping policy.

treyster
08-05-2016, 07:50 PM
I think they're under instruction to burn resort credits before anything else, same business I got from Venetian. I knew they did that and was fine since pur resort credit bank was empty from the last trip. We still made off with over $200 comps so I was happy

kdk
08-05-2016, 08:11 PM

I was peeved when I had rooms at Bally's in May for my sister's wedding. I got myself a room, and then my sister a room, which was comped. When I checked out, I saw that they charged me for resort fees for the second room. Apparently even though I'm diamond, they can't comp you for resort fees on more than one room, fine I get it. So I asked at check out if I could get those comped based on play, she sent me to see the host on duty (Lucy, maybe?) and she made a quick phone call and told me they would be comped, and wrote COMPED on my folio. Of course when I get home I discover that the $120 something was taken from my reward credits. I emailed my host, Joanne Bacon, and was told "they will not comp anything off if you have available reward credits. You must use those first."

I am very frustrated with the inconsistencies displayed with the TR comping policy.

I just experienced this too. I was in San Diego last weekend and ended up staying at Harrah's there. I had an offer for a comped Friday night but no Saturday and my rate was $149. I had a host who came by to greet me so I asked him about reviewing my play at the end of my stay for the second night. He told me he would be happy to do that, but no matter how much I played if I had any reward credits that he has to take those first, then can look at giving me a discretionary comp after that. Said its a company rule. I didn't bother since I have a ton of RC's built up anyway so just used those.

sassycat
08-05-2016, 09:25 PM

I think it has been that way at Vegas CET for a long time. I remember several years ago I was staying at Paris and played pretty hard - before bonus tier credits and talked to host and he said that I qualified for comped airfare reimbursement up to $725. I asked him how that worked and he said it comes off my points. At that time I had a lot of points because of the great race that they had for a couple of years.

For quite a few years Tahoe has been the same way. They use your points first.

Now my local Horseshoe is totally different but it will probably change soon like New Orleans has.

dailun
08-06-2016, 03:48 AM

Sorry to tell you this, but that has been my understanding of the CET comp policy for the last two years. If they're going to backend comp you, they HAVE to take your RC balance to zero first.

On this last incident with me, I had $130 in RC and they still considered me overcomped.