PDA

View Full Version : Name changed, Vegas trip cancelled

treyster
03-25-2015, 07:02 PM
I've been using guitarzan as my cover name on this forum since joining last month. I wanted to post one more live TR on the other forum as I have friends that can 'see' it.

We were scheduled to go to Vegas this afternoon for a nine day jaunt, however life got in the way and we had to cancel it. It looks like we have one of Linda's little weiner dogs that needs to be put down. We've tentatively rebooked it for May, but it may change.

Whew, feels good to be out of the closet on this forum and I can become much more active! Some of you knew I was incognito and why. Anyway, carry on Jokers!

treyster

Pat
03-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Trey, sorry to hear about the dog. Yes, life sometimes gets in the way. I'm sorry.

foamy
03-25-2015, 07:26 PM
Sorry Trey man you just can't win KC work now this I hope it gets better.

TheSaltyBaker
03-25-2015, 07:36 PM
I am so very sorry. I just said goodbye to my beautiful Jack last Saturday and my heart is still broken. Hugs to Linda and you at this very difficult time.

Amber

Luv2spin
03-25-2015, 07:39 PM
So sorry to hear about the sick pup and know what a disappointment it must be to have to cancel. Hope everything works out and you can reschedule soon.

twinslotaddicts
03-25-2015, 07:39 PM
So sorry to hear about your dog. Sending you and Linda hugs.

Welcome to jokers forum where all your friends are!!!

Ang

goldengreeke
03-25-2015, 07:42 PM
I know how much Linda and you love Vegas, plus putting down her dog will be like losing a family member.
This is going to be a trying week for sure and I'm sorry that life has dealt you such a severe blow.:(

zeus
03-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Trey, I am so sorry to hear about Linda's dog. It is a difficult thing to deal with. Almost two years for me now and I am still not over it. Hugs to Linda. Vegas will be there when the timing is right.

So glad to see you here. I really look forward to seeing your posts and input. Welcome!

Laurie
03-25-2015, 07:52 PM
So sorry Trey and Linda. :hug:

Darrell from WI
03-25-2015, 08:06 PM
Knowing that other things are your priority right now but glad to see the Treyster is out in the open. Do you think that StickyWild is going to sign up here for JWE ? Sorry to hear about the doggy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverSong
03-25-2015, 08:22 PM
Hello there, sorry about your dog and postponed trip. Great to see you here.

Nhcris
03-25-2015, 08:25 PM
Trey, I am so sorry you are missing your trip, but trips can be rescheduled. I am really sad for Linda that her baby is doing so poorly. My little hotdog is sitting on my lap at this moment, and just the thought of ever losing her breaks my heart. Please let Linda know she is in my thoughts.

On the bright side, I am delighted that you have come out of the Forum Closet and can be yourself here now!

sondor
03-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Glad to know your here......

nancypants
03-25-2015, 08:42 PM
Hi Treyster, I'm so sorry to hear about Linda's dog. I remember her talking about the pup when we met at bellagio. Glad to see you here.

Gypsy
03-25-2015, 08:51 PM
So sorry to hear about Linda's dog, it's so heartbreaking to lose a pet. I hope you are able to reschedule your Vegas trip soon! Happy to see you posting here and welcome!!

FL Mary
03-25-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm so sorry about your dog. I know how sad that is. I am happy to see that you are posting here.

Luckylinda123
03-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Nice to see you out of the closet. I read your sf post earlier today. So sorry for you both.

treyster
03-25-2015, 09:39 PM
Thanks everyone. We're 0-2 for going on vacations this year. The KC trip now this. The flights for this trip were rescheduled KC flights.

There's nothing worse than unpacking a freshly packed suitcase.

Stephiede11
03-25-2015, 09:52 PM
So sorry to hear about your dog and your vacation plans. Hopefully you're able to go soon.

Blase
03-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Hi Trey. So sorry that you and Linda had to cancel your trip but I understand why. I'm in the weeds with one of our cats right now myself, and not sure if I will be going to Vegas in two weeks. It's horrible to deal with and I know that vacationing is the last thing on your mind right now.

Glad to see you here.

Borgatadd
03-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Life always gets in the way! Glad you are staying with your doggy. It will be one of the hardest things you ever do...hugs to both of you.

Mimi
03-25-2015, 11:11 PM
Sorry to hear about Linda's doggie being so ill. We said goodbye to our furbaby last year and I made the decision I could not go through this anymore.

I'm happy to see that you are out on the forum now. I have thought about you several times and some wonderful people kept me informed. Sorry about Vegas, but I predict that when you get there, it will be that much sweeter!

Look forward to reading your post again.

nhmajik
03-25-2015, 11:29 PM
Sorry Trey & Linda about your dog. :(

Slymustanglady
03-25-2015, 11:45 PM
So sorry about your little dog. Please tell Linda I'm very sorry. I know the feeling. I have a 19 year old cat that's not doing well. I wouldn't leave her right now either to go anywhere out of town.Glad to see you here!

dvandentop
03-25-2015, 11:45 PM
So sorry to hear man i know how pets are like a family member i know how many weeks it took for me to feel normal again after having to put our cat down.

There is always another time for vegas i have been in your shoes where dw grandpa died and we had to cancel trip.
Hang in there buddy

KenRI
03-26-2015, 12:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog Trey..Ken

Evoni
03-26-2015, 01:07 AM
Trey and Linda, so sorry about your dog and the cancellation of your trip too. :(

Jen Jen
03-26-2015, 01:31 AM
Hi Trey, I was wonder who guitarzan was and glad to know it was you. Welcome to the group.

I'm so sorry about your beloved dog.

clemi
03-26-2015, 01:38 AM
Hi Treyster, I'm sorry to hear about your dog, glad you might only postpone rather than cancel your vegas trip.

Glad to see you here.

declansgigi
03-26-2015, 01:59 AM
So sorry about your dog, it is always hard to lose a pet, as they are part of the family. Take care, Vegas will be there later.

moemoe
03-26-2015, 03:32 AM
Am so sorry, we went through the same thing 2 years ago and cancelled our vacation to New Mexico when the beagle came down with hemorrhagic gastroenteritis - even though he recovered after a horrible scare there was no way I was leaving "family" at a veterinarian clinic or in a kennel, there would have been no fun at all sick with worry!

Am so very sorry the dachshund isn't well, they are such little characters and have such a way of lodging themselves in your heart! You and the family take care of yourselves, there will eventually be brighter days ahead..

moemoe
03-26-2015, 03:39 AM
Amber am so sorry! Know you've had a rough, sad week - please take care!

I am so very sorry. I just said goodbye to my beautiful Jack last Saturday and my heart is still broken. Hugs to Linda and you at this very difficult time.

Amber

dsmack
03-26-2015, 03:39 AM
Sorry to hear about the lil doggie. Hope Linda can cope with the loss. We had to put our Chihuahua down last April 3 days before our Vegas trip. It sucked, but the vacay helped some to get over the sad feelings. Plus its not easy at my job to cancel then reschedule vacations so we were kinda stuck taking it. Life definitely can get in the way. I miss my dog till this day so we all understand. Whenever you do take your trip we hope its a blast man.

boots
03-26-2015, 05:24 AM
treyster, I was wondering who guitarzan was, and why that person was so interesting and well-informed! :)

I am so very sorry to hear about Linda's dog...I have been there with my own beloved furry creatures, and I know how tough it is.

Really sorry you can't make it to Vegas just now, but I'm wishing you a great trip when you do get there. And hoping to cross paths sometime in the future.

SondraD11
03-26-2015, 05:42 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your furbaby isn't doing well. Best wishes for his recovery.

Moneybags
03-26-2015, 05:53 AM
All my best to you, with my prayers.

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals,
especially for animals who are suffering.
We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,
and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

- Albert Schweitzer

ygtgxi
03-26-2015, 06:26 AM
sorry to hear about your dog but hey at least u came out of the closet:)

Darlene
03-26-2015, 10:46 AM
Trey, sorry to hear about the dog. A postponed trip sucks, but Vegas will be there when you can finally make it. Glad you are here, everytime I saw the Guitarzan name the Ray Stevens song would get stuck I'm my head.

dodger3131
03-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Glad your posting. So sorry to hear about your dog.

Jeani
03-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Sorry to your family is going through a rough time :( Losing a fur baby or having one that is sick is very difficult. Prayers for everyone.

treyster
03-26-2015, 12:41 PM
Thanks again everyone, you guys are the best! We did our best to try to re-book the trip a few days later but that would just add pressure to any decision on when it's time for little Oscar. In the end, we just decided to postpone the entire trip so it wouldn't influence our decision. I won't lie, not going stings, but it was the only decision that could be made.

I was a grouch yesterday, we were going to see the last flying B29 in Henderson, the Faberge eggs at Bellagio, etc..

Suze1000
03-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Well that was a surprise! I was wondering why you weren't here, and little did I know, you were!

I am so sorry about your dog. You and Linda will be in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Drgonslyer
03-26-2015, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear about your pup Trey/Linda and missing another trip. Its hard to loose one that has been family. You two could reschedule your trip to Tahoe in June.

Cyndyga
03-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Sorry Linda & Trey about Oscar but there will be alot more Vegas trips! Hopefully a good one real soon :)

tee2green
03-26-2015, 04:25 PM
Hi Trey! So sorry about Oscar (what a cute name for a weiner dog!). I have a Yorkie that ranks up there pretty special in our house so I can relate. Start a new countdown for Vegas, it might ease the feelings you're having now. Maybe you can make the August M&G in AC too!

On a side note, I knew it was you when the Rampart was mentioned in nhcris's TR, lol.

Jenfol2000
03-27-2015, 04:50 AM
I am so sorry about Oscar. I'm sad that I won't get to meet you and Linda next week. Hope y'all are doing okay.

Penguin
03-27-2015, 11:49 PM
First, sorry about Oscar, but dogs are family. Second, glad you are over here.

bluesfan
03-28-2015, 02:11 AM
Just getting caught up, sorry to hear about your doggie.
But, glad you are here.

treyster
04-01-2015, 02:05 PM
So now we're going to Vegas May 20 for 9 nights. I start checking car rentals. If I book a convertible for the entire trip from Alamo, it's over $1100. If I break it into 2 rentals for the same Alamo conv. it's $300 (6 days) and $230 (3 days). I have the drop off and pickup time at 9:30am on the 26th. Think they'll merge them when I arrive?

zeus
04-01-2015, 02:10 PM
So now we're going to Vegas May 20 for 9 nights. I start checking car rentals. If I book a convertible for the entire trip from Alamo, it's over $1100. If I break it into 2 rentals for the same Alamo conv. it's $300 (6 days) and $230 (3 days). I have the drop off and pickup time at 9:30am on the 26th. Think they'll merge them when I arrive?
Glad you got it scheduled, Trey. With Alamo just ask if they want to make it easier on themselves!

Darlene
04-01-2015, 02:14 PM

Now you have something to look forward to. Hopefully they will merge your reservations. You'll be in Vegas for my birthday, celebrate it for me since I'll be home in Florida unless I win the lottery before then :eagerness:

foamy
04-01-2015, 02:16 PM

treyster Go to Tahoe in June.

treyster
04-01-2015, 02:29 PM
treyster Go to Tahoe in June.

I'd love to but taking the last week of June-July 4 off already. Also hoping to hit NASCAR race in Michigan in June. I get over 5 weeks vacation but can't do all of it at once lol

Mauretania
04-01-2015, 04:38 PM

Pleased to hear you were able to re-book. Where will you be staying?

treyster
04-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Pleased to hear you were able to re-book. Where will you be staying?

Not sure first two nights, next three nights at Downtown Grand, then last four at Palazzo. Hoping our band will continue weekend gigs at the Plaza on Fremont St

Considering Orleans, Rampart, and M. Sitting on comps at all 3.

twinslotaddicts
04-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Looks like you have a great trip lined up!!

Ang

Evoni
04-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Great, glad you have your dates for your next trip!

dsmack
04-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Glad you two got your dates planned out. Too bad we will miss you guys this time around, but as always enjoy and win, win and win!!!