PDA

View Full Version : Big Shoutout to dwwright12!!

NYphoenix
10-27-2016, 10:36 PM
Dennis,
I just wanted to let you know that I got the wonderful items you sent me just now and thank you so much! The METS ornaments will be going on the tree this Christmas and that Marino card/photo is a welcomed piece into my Man Cave!
Thanks again buddy! [emoji4] [emoji4]

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/1f22c789d8f7944072f39927ce6f4a5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dwwright12
10-28-2016, 11:04 AM
Glad the package made it. I tried for two years to get the Marino proof autographed, but had no success. He had been coming to my home town every year to participate in a fund raising event for a children's hospital (located in another city), but did not come this year. The hospital was funded by a local business man who is wealthy and funds many such projects. He puts everybody up in a hotel he owns here. The participants always have a golf tournament on one day and a M&G before the concert (Beach Boys this year) on the other day. Lots of athletes and celebrates attend. Since it is a fund raising event, it cost $250 to attend the M & G with the celebs. Just can't afford that! I tried to find someone I knew who was going to attend, but didn't have any success. Enjoy!