PDA

View Full Version : I have the NO trip of any kind blues

MNvegasgal
01-18-2017, 12:34 AM
For the first time in many many years we do not have a trip to look forward to. Nothing booked right now except a one night stay in Fargo ND in February.. not what I think of when I think trip. I was checking out SunCountry.com this morning - for WING it Tuesday - and I could have bought tickets to Vegas for next Wednesday, coming home late Friday for less than $100 each. Keith just headed out of town for work, so I couldn't commit. Now I am searching around for my favorite artists and checking concert dates. I suggested to Keith we head to NYC on my birthday to see Brett Eldridge.. he thought about it. until I told him it was a Wednesday :(. I want to go to George Straight in Vegas, I want to go to the ACM's in Vegas. Life and local committments keep me tied to the MN, ND, WI area until end of May. Hoping I can convince Keith to take a spur of the moment trip somewhere.

To all of you going on cruises, heading to Laughlin, going to Palm Springs, driving across country, please share your experiences. I am living Vicariously through all of you until I can get something booked. I hate going to work every day and not having a VACATION count down. Oh Poor Poor me..

CTslotters
01-18-2017, 12:49 AM
Lol, first world problems and I know exactly how you feel! We hate not having a trip to look forward to also! We are trying to hopefully get a Vegas trip in this spring and just started planning discussions before I left for my current work trip. Hopefully we'll both have something on the calendar soon!

MNvegasgal
01-18-2017, 01:11 AM
Lol, first world problems and I know exactly how you feel! We hate not having a trip to look forward to also! We are trying to hopefully get a Vegas trip in this spring and just started planning discussions before I left for my current work trip. Hopefully we'll both have something on the calendar soon!

:)... the young kids (anyone under 40) give me grief when I whine about it. Today one asked the other "When is the last time you were on a plane?". Thank you CTslotters for sharing your cruise photos.. I brought up your cooking excursion at Cozumel today at lunch and everyone agreed it sounded AWESOME. Hope your work travels go smoothly and you can get a trip on the books. I may just go Vacation Ninja on Keith and plan an entire trip and just tell him about it. If it involves Golf, he will be happy.

dvandentop
01-18-2017, 02:41 AM
Same here no trips planned til June most likely due to Amy having to fill in at work for a girl on maternity leave.

Hopefully girl comes back early from leave

Curlyd
01-18-2017, 02:53 AM
None here until August when I hope to make the AC M&G then on to Philadelphia then up to Quebec and back home, either across Canada or back through NY and OH to visit friends. Only 1 driving trip planned for this year, but the year is young!

Blase
01-18-2017, 04:30 AM

Trying to plan a Vegas trip for the end of April, by any chance? :emmersed:

Blase
01-18-2017, 04:45 AM
I know the feeling of not having a trip planned. When I was married (well, still technically married, but you know what I mean), I was pretty much ALWAYS planning a trip for Scott and I to take. There was always some milestone that we had to celebrate... his 40th birthday, my 40th birthday, our anniversary... very easy to justify when we had tons of miles and hotel points to make our trips almost free except for expenses while there. And if he couldn't go, then I was planning on going somewhere with my mom. I literally get depressed when I don't have something planned as travel is so important to me. It sucks thinking about not going to Europe or Hawaii again for a long while since I won't have anyone to travel to places like that with. So, at least I can always get away to Vegas, and Vegas is one place I don't mind going alone.

Even with me getting a divorce, Scott is still sympathetic to my "need" to travel and that's why he's graciously decided to come watch the cat this weekend while I'm in Vegas. He knows I get depressed when I don't have anything to look forward to (he doesn't know about my April trip yet, lol).

Brandon
01-18-2017, 02:26 PM
I'm in the same boat pretty much. I know I am going to the Nascar truck races in June. It's a Friday night so we are staying at Winstar for a couple nights. Up until a few days ago we had a Vegas trip planned for June, but we decided to hold off on that until the fall. In its place we are going to go to New Orleans in August for a long weekend. We booked a room at Four Points on Bourban Street with a balcony. I'm pretty excited about that.

That's all that I have planned for this year so far. I know once Spring rolls around we will be going up to Oklahoma here and there.

Last year I didn't know I was going to Miami up until about a month and a half before. That's usually how my year goes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nhcris
01-18-2017, 04:53 PM
For the first time in many many years we do not have a trip to look forward to. Nothing booked right now except a one night stay in Fargo ND in February.. not what I think of when I think trip. I was checking out SunCountry.com this morning - for WING it Tuesday - and I could have bought tickets to Vegas for next Wednesday, coming home late Friday for less than $100 each. Keith just headed out of town for work, so I couldn't commit. Now I am searching around for my favorite artists and checking concert dates. I suggested to Keith we head to NYC on my birthday to see Brett Eldridge.. he thought about it. until I told him it was a Wednesday :(. I want to go to George Straight in Vegas, I want to go to the ACM's in Vegas. Life and local committments keep me tied to the MN, ND, WI area until end of May. Hoping I can convince Keith to take a spur of the moment trip somewhere.

To all of you going on cruises, heading to Laughlin, going to Palm Springs, driving across country, please share your experiences. I am living Vicariously through all of you until I can get something booked. I hate going to work every day and not having a VACATION count down. Oh Poor Poor me..

There's really only one solution to this dilemma, and that is to book something! Book something a ways out, and be sure it is completely refundable, but book it! It puts something on the calendar to look forward to, and if you end up cancelling, it's no big deal as long as you don't get your heart too set on it. I do this a lot!!

Mary9915
01-18-2017, 05:28 PM
Awwww I wish you were coming to Palm Springs Cece...:frown-new: I like the Vacation Ninja idea though...

I get what you are saying...it's so hard when you don't have something on the calendar to look forward to.

Luckily we've got Palm Springs and then we're going to stay overnight at Mystic and go see Gladys Knight in February. We got another airfare/hotel/freeplay offer from Omaha so we are going there in March. April I think we are going to see the step daughter in Georgia. I've got a work trip to Colorado but not sure when that is. DH is going to Orlando this spring for work so I might join him there. We just booked a condo for Maui, but that's not till next January.

sassycat
01-18-2017, 11:47 PM
We had said we were going to cut down on our trips but we have one next week to New Orleans/Bossier city and Vegas/Laughlin in Feb and Tahoe in March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTslotters
01-19-2017, 12:07 AM

Perhaps! Adam wants to go April or May when it's pool weather! Let's actually make this happen together! :semi-twins:

MNvegasgal
01-19-2017, 12:08 AM
Same here no trips planned til June most likely due to Amy having to fill in at work for a girl on maternity leave.

Hopefully girl comes back early from leave

dvandentop - Glad you had New Years and Atlantis to get you through, but I am guessing they were close.. and now the bleak reality of Midwest Winter is setting in. Hope she comes back from Maternity early.

None here until August when I hope to make the AC M&G then on to Philadelphia then up to Quebec and back home, either across Canada or back through NY and OH to visit friends. Only 1 driving trip planned for this year, but the year is young! CurlyD - that trip sounds wonderful. I hope to get to Quebec some day.. and maybe we will meet in AC .. that is one of my plans in the works.

I know the feeling of not having a trip planned. When I was married (well, still technically married, but you know what I mean), I was pretty much ALWAYS planning a trip for Scott and I to take. There was always some milestone that we had to celebrate... his 40th birthday, my 40th birthday, our anniversary... very easy to justify when we had tons of miles and hotel points to make our trips almost free except for expenses while there. And if he couldn't go, then I was planning on going somewhere with my mom. I literally get depressed when I don't have something planned as travel is so important to me. It sucks thinking about not going to Europe or Hawaii again for a long while since I won't have anyone to travel to places like that with. So, at least I can always get away to Vegas, and Vegas is one place I don't mind going alone.

Even with me getting a divorce, Scott is still sympathetic to my "need" to travel and that's why he's graciously decided to come watch the cat this weekend while I'm in Vegas. He knows I get depressed when I don't have anything to look forward to (he doesn't know about my April trip yet, lol). Jen - good luck on your upcoming trip, I know you will have a blast. I am sure it is a big relief to have Scott watching your Kitty Baby.. You have had some amazing travel in your life and you will again!

I'm in the same boat pretty much. I know I am going to the Nascar truck races in June. It's a Friday night so we are staying at Winstar for a couple nights. Up until a few days ago we had a Vegas trip planned for June, but we decided to hold off on that until the fall. In its place we are going to go to New Orleans in August for a long weekend. We booked a room at Four Points on Bourban Street with a balcony. I'm pretty excited about that.

That's all that I have planned for this year so far. I know once Spring rolls around we will be going up to Oklahoma here and there.

Last year I didn't know I was going to Miami up until about a month and a half before. That's usually how my year goes.

Sounds like you have some fun stuff planned already. Winter months are hard to get through. Sorry Laughlin didn't work out for you.. Dumb Work gets in the way of our fun.

There's really only one solution to this dilemma, and that is to book something! Book something a ways out, and be sure it is completely refundable, but book it! It puts something on the calendar to look forward to, and if you end up cancelling, it's no big deal as long as you don't get your heart too set on it. I do this a lot!! I know booking flights on Southwest are refundable (or usuable later), Delta is just such a pain if you use miles or try an change a flight. When Keith gets home.. I am going to discuss even a 3/4 day get away. I do have tickets to see Bon Jovi in Chicago in March.. just haven't booked flights or hotel yet. That is a quick in and out.. two night deal with my best friend (She is the BON Jovi FREAK).

Awwww I wish you were coming to Palm Springs Cece...:frown-new: I like the Vacation Ninja idea though...

I get what you are saying...it's so hard when you don't have something on the calendar to look forward to.

Luckily we've got Palm Springs and then we're going to stay overnight at Mystic and go see Gladys Knight in February. We got another airfare/hotel/freeplay offer from Omaha so we are going there in March. April I think we are going to see the step daughter in Georgia. I've got a work trip to Colorado but not sure when that is. DH is going to Orlando this spring for work so I might join him there. We just booked a condo for Maui, but that's not till next January.
Mary9915, I am going to Mystic for a night - March 18th for Shannon's 50th. You should come out and meet us for a drink.. or get a room and we can hang out :). I can't wait to hear all about Palm Springs. I have a work trip to CO in May also.. Are you guys thinking of AC this year? What about Tahoe in June?

We had said we were going to cut down on our trips but we have one next week to New Orleans/Bossier city and Vegas/Laughlin in Feb and Tahoe in March. HOpe James is healing up. Have fun on your Trips. Keith wants to do Tahoe again.. so we are looking at June.. are you end of June or July?

michelelovesvegas
01-19-2017, 12:09 AM
Wish you would have booked Vegas for next Wed.! I am going solo. After my beating at Cherokee, not looking forward to it as much as usual, but I know by Monday I will be super excited. I thought I had a chance at going to Laughlin but my oldest son stationed in California will be home that weekend. Hate that I am missing David Cassidy, my teeny bopper heart throb but family first! Probably do Biloxi end of Feb. being my DH is not going to Vegas with me and he will be wanting a trip.

Few other trips this year, family reunion in Upstate NY, visit some good friends in Long Island, and a possible London trip to visit a friend, AC M&G and trade show in NOLA. Also trying to plan eating at the French Laundry in October with my oldest son and clemi! Also want to plan a Biloxi M&G in the early fall.

Gosh, I guess when I feel like I have no life, I need to come back here and read this!

Brandon
01-19-2017, 12:13 AM
MNvegasgal, it actually turned out good that Laughlin didn't work out. As much as I wanted to go I'm about to be forking out (not by choice) a little $$$ on my truck. My warranty just went out and now my upper control arms decided they wanted to go out. Funny how that works out.

sassycat
01-19-2017, 12:54 AM
We definitely will be doing Tahoe in July for my big 60 around end of July but will probably go around the same time as last year in June too
Will let you know when we get closer

MNvegasgal
01-19-2017, 02:04 AM
HMMMM.. Cosmopolitan sent me an e-mail today- Free Dirks Bentley tickets on March 4th, my Birthday is the 1st.. maybe I can convince Keith we should go. If it is golf weather, he might be convinced.

sassycat
01-19-2017, 02:17 AM
HMMMM.. Cosmopolitan sent me an e-mail today- Free Dirks Bentley tickets on March 4th, my Birthday is the 1st.. maybe I can convince Keith we should go. If it is golf weather, he might be convinced.

Go for it!

goldengreeke
01-19-2017, 02:41 AM
Everybody needs something exciting to look forward to, gambling related or not.

If we don't have that, we only have taxes and death...

dvandentop
01-19-2017, 02:49 AM

Got that right brotha

slotbender
01-19-2017, 02:59 AM

Well, there's always peanut butter-n-bread?!?..."life is good!"(Al Bundy)...hhh

MNvegasgal
01-23-2017, 12:42 AM
Made a decision today - going to try and go to the ACM awards at TMobile Arena First weekend in April. Going to try and get tickets directly from ACM, but if not will ask my host at Aria. I was able to get tickets 3 years ago from Aria, nose bleed but it was really cool to be there. T Mobile Arena seems to be a little smaller than MGM Garden Arena so tickets might be a little harder to come by.

I was able to convince Keith because the NCAA Basketball finals are that weekend so we will probably head out Saturday AM and Do a Saturday - Tuesday Trip.

Laurie
01-23-2017, 12:59 AM
Made a decision today - going to try and go to the ACM awards at TMobile Arena First weekend in April. Going to try and get tickets directly from ACM, but if not will ask my host at Aria. I was able to get tickets 3 years ago from Aria, nose bleed but it was really cool to be there. T Mobile Arena seems to be a little smaller than MGM Garden Arena so tickets might be a little harder to come by.

I was able to convince Keith because the NCAA Basketball finals are that weekend so we will probably head out Saturday AM and Do a Saturday - Tuesday Trip.

That sounds awesome!!

dvandentop
01-23-2017, 03:00 AM

T mobile actually seats more then MGM so you should hopefully get tickets easier

MNvegasgal
01-23-2017, 12:39 PM
Great news.. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elf70
01-23-2017, 08:46 PM
So glad you planned a trip!

MNvegasgal
01-24-2017, 07:37 PM
Step one done.. got tickets in the Presale!! Keith is not going to like the price.. but if I can get tickets from our host.. we can sell these on the secondary market. Next up plane tickets. Yeah Baby!

Brandon
01-25-2017, 01:56 AM
Step one done.. got tickets in the Presale!! Keith is not going to like the price.. but if I can get tickets from our host.. we can sell these on the secondary market. Next up plane tickets. Yeah Baby!

Would you make a paper airplane for me with my phone number and fly it down to Carrie Underwood?! Thanks in advance!!!

MNvegasgal
01-25-2017, 02:33 AM
[QUOTE=Brandon;161112]Would you make a paper airplane for me with my phone number and fly it down to Carrie Underwood?! Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk[/

Sure.. I better start practicing.

MNvegasgal
01-26-2017, 04:39 PM
Host sent a question.. how many tickets do I need.. so I have hope she may be able to get them for us. Keith didn't flinch at the price, which was a huge relief. Don't think we will get the Budweiser level seats for this.. but that would be SO AMAZING!!!

Luckylinda123
01-26-2017, 05:11 PM
Sounds like a great trip is working out Hope you get great seats

MNvegasgal
01-27-2017, 06:40 PM
Booked flights last night.. so this is a go! Flying in late the 31st and staying at Planet Hollywood (Hello Jolly Roger) and then moving to Aria on Saturday-Tuesday. Now I wish the ACM would announce hosts and acts. Goal is to take 2 tests prior to this.

FL Mary
01-27-2017, 06:56 PM
It's fun to have a trip planned! Sorry I will miss you in Vegas this year. I will be in Vegas at the end of April.

MNvegasgal
01-27-2017, 11:22 PM
It's fun to have a trip planned! Sorry I will miss you in Vegas this year. I will be in Vegas at the end of April.

Thanks Mary.. Hope to see you in Biloxi this fall, enjoy your cruise!

bluesfan
01-28-2017, 12:45 AM
So, I just saw this and got caught up! Have a great time! Post lots of winning pictures!

Luckylinda123
01-28-2017, 02:03 AM
Good luck with jolly Rodger, I think he likes it if you call him joy rancher

zeus
01-28-2017, 06:22 PM
Glad you got a trip planned. Just promise to get back the $40 I lost in your Jolly Roger slot. Stupid-ass slot! :tongue-new:

MNvegasgal
01-28-2017, 06:27 PM
Glad you got a trip planned. Just promise to get back the $40 I lost in your Jolly Roger slot. Stupid-ass slot! :tongue-new:

OMG.. It is SO WONDERFUL to see a post from you! I noticed you had liked a few posts today... but didn't want to get my hopes up. Now that I see an actual post I am elated. Even if you are only popping it.. it is so nice to see your Avatar. You have been MISSED.

zeus
01-28-2017, 06:42 PM
OMG.. It is SO WONDERFUL to see a post from you! I noticed you had liked a few posts today... but didn't want to get my hopes up. Now that I see an actual post I am elated. Even if you are only popping it.. it is so nice to see your Avatar. You have been MISSED.
I am here. I may not be living on here 24/7 due to responsibilities keeping me so dang busy sometimes I do not know if I am coming or going, but I will be checking in. So don't forget about my $40. HHH!

clemi
01-28-2017, 06:44 PM
Zeus so great to see your posts, waving hi and hoping all is well!

foamy
01-28-2017, 06:56 PM
Zeus so great to see your posts, waving hi and hoping all is well!

I could not agree more.

TwoArmedBandito
01-28-2017, 06:56 PM
Hi Don!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tee2green
01-28-2017, 07:45 PM
Well hello handsome zeus! :)

Elf70
01-28-2017, 09:23 PM
Hi zeus! So happy to see you check in. I really missed your early morning check ins during my last trip! Hope you and Alan are well.

zeus
01-28-2017, 09:33 PM
Hi zeus! So happy to see you check in. I really missed your early morning check ins during my last trip! Hope you and Alan are well.
WTH, no Vegas trips were allowed while I was away! J/K.[emoji4] I will have to find it because I am sure it is a good read. Thanks, T!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dvandentop
01-31-2017, 02:17 AM
Wohooo i have fallen off the NO trip train as well and have my trip booked for March Aria slot tourament Thursday-sunday trip really looking forward to it.

MNvegasgal
01-31-2017, 09:21 PM
Passed my Test - Medical Malpractice liability. Next one to take before the trip will be Directors and Officers Professional Liability. Relief. dvandentop - congrats on the Trip and good luck in the Slot Tournament. I will be heading in 5 days after you, so will watch and see what normal (note - NOT HIGH LIMIT) machines are paying for you.

TwoArmedBandito
01-31-2017, 09:23 PM
Passed my Test - Medical Malpractice liability. Next one to take before the trip will be Directors and Officers Professional Liability. Relief. dvandentop - congrats on the Trip and good luck in the Slot Tournament. I will be heading in 5 days after you, so will watch and see what normal (note - NOT HIGH LIMIT) machines are paying for you.
Hurrah!

Luckylinda123
01-31-2017, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=zeus;161565]WTH, no Vegas trips were allowed while I was away! J/K.[emoji4] I will have to find it because I am sure it is a good read. Thanks, T!

Hi Zeus nice you returned! It is a great report, I got to spend some time, meals and a show with elf. Look for her super Cleo win.

zeus
01-31-2017, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE=zeus;161565]WTH, no Vegas trips were allowed while I was away! J/K.[emoji4] I will have to find it because I am sure it is a good read. Thanks, T!

Hi Zeus nice you returned! It is a great report, I got to spend some time, meals and a show with elf. Look for her super Cleo win.
Hi, Linda! Yes, it was a great report. You both are great ladies, so I know it was a fun time. Did she share any of her winnings with you? :playful:

Luckylinda123
01-31-2017, 10:33 PM
No but elf shared meals and tickets to michael Jackson one. It was fun I enjoyed the time we spent together

Brandon
03-21-2017, 05:43 PM
I went from having a couple trips planned a couple months ago to a handful of trips planned now. As of right now here is my tentative schedule for the remainder of 2017:

April:
- We had to cancel our trip to Oklahoma last weekend due to my uncle getting sick, so we are going to go sometime in April.

May
- I'm headed back to Vegas the first weekend of May! I'm going with several of my friends. We are staying at Freemont downtown. I am so so so excited for this trip. I don't think it will be that big of a gambling trip, but more along the lines of just enjoying the town. However, I do plan on putting one night aside for gambling during this trip and I will get to the reasoning why here in a bit.

June
- As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I am going to the Nascar truck races at Texas Motor Speedway June 9th. We have a room booked at Winstar the 8th-10th, but we have been talking about changing the reservations over to Choctaw Durant.

August
- We are still headed to New Orleans the 11th thru the 13th and we will be staying on Bourbon Street. Crazy excited to be going back to NOLA. The night before we head there we are staying at Coushatta. I'm anxious to see what my aunt and uncle think of the casino as I've bragged a lot about it.

December
- I am going back to Vegas for my birthday! My brother might also go with me for his 21st. I'm looking to stay at Cosmo for this trip. I did not play there at all when I went last October so when I go in May this is where I will be donating (hhh) my money to. I am hoping to play enough where I can get some kind of discounted rate for December.