PDA

View Full Version : Mr CT knows me so well

CTslotters
05-18-2017, 12:30 AM
I travelled for work this week and flew home tonight and he surprised me with a dinner of raw littlenecks he shucked and a pot of steamers with butter! These are the remnants, hhh! Yum!
Fresh local seafood may be one reason we will never move away from New England! So happy summer is almost here, seafood tastes better in the summer!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170518/66230ecb5a06b4202dfcdf2ff41ce111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeus
05-18-2017, 12:36 AM
Adam is a keeper! That was very sweet of him. Had it been me traveling and dinner was up to Allen, he would ask me which restaurant. Good to see it was not a full week of travel.

Looking forward to seeing those pics of you two on your boat!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

goldengreeke
05-18-2017, 12:39 AM
Wonder what Adam wants in return....hhh

CTslotters
05-18-2017, 01:14 AM
Wonder what Adam wants in return....hhh

HHH! You haven't met him, yet you know him so well! Really hoping you guys make it out to AC for the M&G! :)

CTslotters
05-18-2017, 01:21 AM
Adam is a keeper! That was very sweet of him. Had it been me traveling and dinner was up to Allen, he would ask me which restaurant. Good to see it was not a full week of travel.

Looking forward to seeing those pics of you two on your boat!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lol, all I eat while traveling is restaurant food so he knows I don't want that when I get home. Also, they cancelled one of the meetings I flew out for and said they might reschedule for next week (hoping I can conference in and not fly out again!) Hoping to take the boat out Memorial Day weekend! Will surely post! :)

foamy
05-18-2017, 01:59 AM
That sounds great

Pat
05-18-2017, 02:08 AM
Does Adam like older women?????

dwwright12
05-18-2017, 02:11 AM
You're right! Seafood does taste better in the summer! Very nice of Adam.

sondor
05-18-2017, 02:17 AM
Man he is Eddie Haskel........

TwoArmedBandito
05-18-2017, 02:53 AM
What a guy! Clamtastic!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Laurie
05-18-2017, 03:01 AM
Very sweet of Adam!! I love seafood too but you not as adventurous as you guys.... nothing raw! Hope you have a great year fishing!! [emoji476]

Jackpot
05-18-2017, 03:55 AM
I love a man that knows what I want for dinner, especially after a long, tiring day! WTG Adam!

Evoni
05-18-2017, 06:16 AM
Adam is definitely a keeper but then so are you. :)

BorgataBabe
05-18-2017, 12:18 PM
Our buddy Adam is so sweet!

CTslotters
05-18-2017, 12:41 PM
That sounds great

It was! He used to go clamming as a kid and said we might try it this summer!

Does Adam like older women?????
LOL, Yes! I'm a few months older than him and he always refers to me as a cougar, hhh!

You're right! Seafood does taste better in the summer! Very nice of Adam.
In addition to seafood, Bud Light and Coronas also taste better in warmer weather! :)

Man he is Eddie Haskel........
Hahaha! He's not always an angel!

What a guy! Clamtastic!

LOL, TAB!

Very sweet of Adam!! I love seafood too but you not as adventurous as you guys.... nothing raw! Hope you have a great year fishing!! [emoji476]

Thanks Laurie, Wish we didn't have to work today, could have definitely taken the boat out since it's supposed to be in the 90s today! This spring weather has been all over the place. And good raw littlenecks are the best, you might like it!

I love a man that knows what I want for dinner, especially after a long, tiring day! WTG Adam!
He's a keeper! It was a perfect surprise!

Adam is definitely a keeper but then so are you. :)
Awww...thanks Diana! :)

Our buddy Adam is so sweet!

He's the best!

dvandentop
05-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Haha gene!! I was thinking same thing

Damn that is alot of clams had to take a bit to get those all shucked

Curlyd
05-18-2017, 01:08 PM
Fresh local seafood may be one reason we will never move away from New England! So happy summer is almost here, seafood tastes better in the summer!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170518/66230ecb5a06b4202dfcdf2ff41ce111.jpg

Having been in Boston only long enough to be born and once having family in Maine we are finally going to head NE after the AC M&G. I can't wait!

Mr. CT is obviously a keeper! No throwing him back.

Slot Frenzy
05-18-2017, 09:39 PM
Definitely a keeper--what a sweetheart!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kimsa70
05-18-2017, 10:30 PM
Hey...I'm a few miles down the road and ALWAYS available for dinner and/or fresh seafood!
;)

CTslotters
05-19-2017, 01:09 PM
Haha gene!! I was thinking same thing

Damn that is alot of clams had to take a bit to get those all shucked
He just shucked the littlenecks (the bigger and shinier shells on the right), the steamers were steamed and we ate them with melted butter.

Having been in Boston only long enough to be born and once having family in Maine we are finally going to head NE after the AC M&G. I can't wait!

Mr. CT is obviously a keeper! No throwing him back.
Since you guys will be driving, you can stop at all the shoreline seafood shacks that are only open during the summer months, you'll get your fill of fresh seafood! :) and definitely not throwing him back!

Definitely a keeper--what a sweetheart!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
:) he's the best!

Hey...I'm a few miles down the road and ALWAYS available for dinner and/or fresh seafood!
;)

Yes, we'll have to have you over this summer for fresh fish! :)

tee2green
05-19-2017, 09:31 PM
CTslotters
Thank you for explaining what a littleneck is for this land locked gal, lol. Any chance of cloning Adam? [emoji106]

Hoofy7
09-20-2017, 10:42 PM
Those look so good! I love fresh clams and seafood in general.

foamy
09-22-2017, 12:50 AM
Oooo I like clams

Jen Jen
09-22-2017, 01:44 AM
I'm a clam lover, too! No raw for me. I didn't even know you could eat clams raw.

nancypants
09-22-2017, 03:15 AM
Oh man I love raw clams! The oyster bar at palace station has the best raw clams I've eaten! Yum!

Hoofy7
09-22-2017, 01:27 PM
I'm going to annihilate some fresh shucked oysters and clams in a few days! I like Saltine crackers with mine and in Vegas the restaurants are always too fancy to serve them. In Louisiana I think every restaurant has Saltines! Throw some atomic horseradish on them and eat at least 2 dozen!

CTslotters
09-22-2017, 04:05 PM
Yum! I'm jealous of the food you'll be eating soon Hoofy7! My favorite thing in NOLA was all the amazing food. I don't do saltines, just straight horseradish cocktail sauce!
Good to know about Palace Station nancypants, we never venture off the strip but there are so many great food places we're missing out on.
Word of warning to NEVER order clams from Beauty and Essex in Vegas. We got a dozen and some were BAD! You could smell them as you picked them up! How a restaurant like that actually served them and the person shucking them couldn't tell, I'll never know. If you've ever shucked your own, you know immediately when it's bad! The staff barely seemed concerned when we told them and sent it back.

michelelovesvegas
09-22-2017, 04:23 PM
I'm going to annihilate some fresh shucked oysters and clams in a few days! I like Saltine crackers with mine and in Vegas the restaurants are always too fancy to serve them. In Louisiana I think every restaurant has Saltines! Throw some atomic horseradish on them and eat at least 2 dozen!

I will be hitting up Acme Oyster for sure while I am there!

TwoArmedBandito
09-22-2017, 07:59 PM
Yum! I'm jealous of the food you'll be eating soon Hoofy7! My favorite thing in NOLA was all the amazing food. I don't do saltines, just straight horseradish cocktail sauce!
Good to know about Palace Station nancypants, we never venture off the strip but there are so many great food places we're missing out on.
Word of warning to NEVER order clams from Beauty and Essex in Vegas. We got a dozen and some were BAD! You could smell them as you picked them up! How a restaurant like that actually served them and the person shucking them couldn't tell, I'll never know. If you've ever shucked your own, you know immediately when it's bad! The staff barely seemed concerned when we told them and sent it back.
It was very stinky.

Hoofy7
09-22-2017, 08:29 PM
Yeah you can always tell when seafood is bad and I would have told them how sick I got from it so you could have free life time grilled cheese and tomato soup on spoons! Hahaha

TwoArmedBandito
09-22-2017, 09:21 PM
Yeah you can always tell when seafood is bad and I would have told them how sick I got from it so you could have free life time grilled cheese and tomato soup on spoons! Hahaha
Beauty and Essex response was underwhelming. No manager came by or even a sorry. Or a lame sorry, I can't remember. CTslotters did they take it off the bill?

foamy
09-22-2017, 09:22 PM
We have a cabin on the Mississippi river and we set out 10 100 hook trot lines and some little clams got on them and I told the guy's if I had a knife I would eat one raw I had knifes coming at me from all directions so I opened one and ate it I tried to talk like Andrew Zimmernan and said it tastes like the sea and a whole bunch of stuff they are like really and I said no it tastes like shit. hhh

nancypants
09-22-2017, 10:05 PM
Beauty and Essex response was underwhelming. No manager came by or even a sorry. Or a lame sorry, I can't remember. CTslotters did they take it off the bill?

That's horrible! They could have totally given you food poisoning!!!! I learned the hard way. I was at a pan roast place down here in OC and had oysters. Thought they were a little rubbery ... what'd ya know. Ban! Food poisoning! Ever since then, I do not mess around with raw shellfish. Even if I have the smallest doubt about the freshness, I send it back. I learned that using the words " emergency room" and "liability" get a swift apology.

TwoArmedBandito
09-22-2017, 10:26 PM
We have a cabin on the Mississippi river and we set out 10 100 hook trot lines and some little clams got on them and I told the guy's if I had a knife I would eat one raw I had knifes coming at me from all directions so I opened one and ate it I tried to talk like Andrew Zimmernan and said it tastes like the sea and a whole bunch of stuff they are like really and I said no it tastes like shit. hhh
A shot of shine would help it go down.

CTslotters
09-22-2017, 10:34 PM

From what I remember our generous friend that treated us saying, they did remove it from the bill. They should have been embarrassed beyond belief for letting those out of the kitchen. Based on lack of response or concern, it's not a place we will ever return to.

CTslotters
09-22-2017, 10:42 PM
That's horrible! They could have totally given you food poisoning!!!! I learned the hard way. I was at a pan roast place down here in OC and had oysters. Thought they were a little rubbery ... what'd ya know. Ban! Food poisoning! Ever since then, I do not mess around with raw shellfish. Even if I have the smallest doubt about the freshness, I send it back. I learned that using the words " emergency room" and "liability" get a swift apology.

Yeah, the fact that it was more than one that smelled terrible is troubling to how they operate a kitchen. None of those were eaten, my first 4 were fine and then I saw Adam's face turn as he brought one to his face, we then smelled the rest and yikes! The other food (cooked pasta and burger) that we had were fine, and everyone else's food seemed good, but I can't believe at a place like that the manager wouldn't come check on us. Heck, we were at a longhorn steakhouse with Adam's mom and the manager came over to make sure everything was to our liking, lol!
LOL, foamy! great story!

zeus
09-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Yeah, the fact that it was more than one that smelled terrible is troubling to how they operate a kitchen. None of those were eaten, my first 4 were fine and then I saw Adam's face turn as he brought one to his face, we then smelled the rest and yikes! The other food (cooked pasta and burger) that we had were fine, and everyone else's food seemed good, but I can't believe at a place like that the manager wouldn't come check on us. Heck, we were at a longhorn steakhouse with Adam's mom and the manager came over to make sure everything was to our liking, lol!
LOL, foamy! great story!You can't beat the Parmesan Crusted Chicken at the Longhorn. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CTslotters
09-22-2017, 10:53 PM
You can't beat the Parmesan Crusted Chicken at the Longhorn. [emoji2]

Ha! we all had steak at the steakhouse, but good to know for future visits! Adam's mom loves the place. :tongue-new:

Hoofy7
09-22-2017, 10:54 PM
You ever notice at the cheap Chinese buffets that the oysters and mussels are all covered with melted cheese? There's a reason for that! Lol You can still smell they aren't good under the cover up!

zeus
09-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Ha! we all had steak at the steakhouse, but good to know for future visits! Adam's mom loves the place. :tongue-new:Hey, no judging here. I have to have it at least twice a year. And remember, I am close to Adam's mothers age! [emoji23]

zeus
09-22-2017, 11:02 PM
You ever notice at the cheap Chinese buffets that the oysters and mussels are all covered with melted cheese? There's a reason for that! Lol You can still smell they aren't good under the cover up![emoji197] Here, kitty kitty. LOL!!! [emoji23]

CTslotters
09-22-2017, 11:18 PM
Hey, no judging here. I have to have it at least twice a year. And remember, I am close to Adam's mothers age! [emoji23]

No you aren't! He was an oops baby, hahaha!! She could be your mom!
And I wasn't implying anything about the restaurant, the food was great and the steak perfectly cooked, although a bit on the salty side, lol!

zeus
09-22-2017, 11:19 PM
And I wasn't implying anything about the restaurant, the food was great and the steak perfectly cooked, although a bit on the salty side, lol!Well, that was one hell of an oops! [emoji5]

TwoArmedBandito
09-22-2017, 11:42 PM
From what I remember our generous friend that treated us saying, they did remove it from the bill. They should have been embarrassed beyond belief for letting those out of the kitchen. Based on lack of response or concern, it's not a place we will ever return to.
I won't return either. Unless someone sets it up, I'll go grudgingly.

TwoArmedBandito
09-22-2017, 11:46 PM
And I wasn't implying anything about the restaurant, the food was great and the steak perfectly cooked, although a bit on the salty side, lol!
I was a late baby also. My dad was born in 1918!