PDA

View Full Version : Booked Vegas!

DK528
08-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Heading there the end of the month. Going to get to meet some new Jokers!

Also it's the third trip recently when I've been there for a big fight ... hopefully this one also won't be too insane of a weekend.

Staying at Aria and Cosmo. Curious what room I'll get at Cosmo - I think i qualify for a nicer room (terrace suite) so I'm curious if my hosts books me in it or not.

Going to plan some concerts when I get some time to start researching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blase
08-08-2017, 07:35 PM
So glad you're coming, Dina! I'll call the restaurant this week to add you. I have to add my cousin too, as he's coming now to watch The Big Jackpot.

I might be interested in joining you for a concert or two if you wouldn't mind the company?

DK528
08-08-2017, 07:47 PM
So glad you're coming, Dina! I'll call the restaurant this week to add you. I have to add my cousin too, as he's coming now to watch The Big Jackpot.

I might be interested in joining you for a concert or two if you wouldn't mind the company?

Absolutely. I'll PM you once I figure out the options. I maybe able to get free ones at Cosmo.

zeus
08-08-2017, 07:55 PM
YAY!!! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TwoArmedBandito
08-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Woohoo! See ya there!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reen
08-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Heading there the end of the month. Going to get to meet some new Jokers!

Also it's the third trip recently when I've been there for a big fight ... hopefully this one also won't be too insane of a weekend.

Staying at Aria and Cosmo. Curious what room I'll get at Cosmo - I think i qualify for a nicer room (terrace suite) so I'm curious if my hosts books me in it or not.

Going to plan some concerts when I get some time to start researching.

So nice that you are going to Vegas Dina. I'm sure you are going to have a fantastic time with all the Jokers! So nice to meet you, hope to see you again.

emmas
08-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Dina, glad that Vegas plans are set for the end of the month. You'll have a blast.

tee2green
08-08-2017, 10:02 PM
That's great news Dina! Please give my buddy zeus and Allen hugs for me since I haven't seen them in forever!

zeus
08-08-2017, 10:11 PM
That's great news Dina! Please give my buddy zeus and Allen hugs for me since I haven't seen them in forever!

Sent from my SM-G900V using TapatalkIt's only been 13 months. [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dvandentop
08-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Cool seeya there!

tee2green
08-08-2017, 10:15 PM
It's only been 13 months. [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkWhich is like 5 years in dog years[emoji57]

Blase
08-08-2017, 10:35 PM
Absolutely. I'll PM you once I figure out the options. I maybe able to get free ones at Cosmo.

I have two tickets to the foreigner/cheap trick concert already but wasn't sure if I was going to attend alone. Would you be interested in the Trombone Shorty concert on Saturday (jazz)? Because I can get those too.

Sadly, I'm really interested in this one:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170808/80d6dc7a08d00ffcef5f85d68da68c04.jpg

DK528
08-08-2017, 11:07 PM
I have two tickets to the foreigner/cheap trick concert already but wasn't sure if I was going to attend alone. Would you be interested in the Trombone Shorty concert on Saturday (jazz)? Because I can get those too.

I was thinking of the foreigner concert too! I don't know the jazz band. I saw the Tiffany concert and I would probably totally go but doesn't it conflict with dinner Saturday?

Steel panther is at MB Friday night and I would totally go again - it's a riot. A 90s cover band is there Saturday but it also conflicts with dinner I think.

DK528
08-08-2017, 11:09 PM
So excited to meet zeus and Allen and dvandentop and Amy! And see Ken again and everyone else :)

Blase
08-08-2017, 11:17 PM
I was thinking of the foreigner concert too! I don't know the jazz band. I saw the Tiffany concert and I would probably totally go but doesn't it conflict with dinner Saturday?

Steel panther is at MB Friday night and I would totally go again - it's a riot. A 90s cover band is there Saturday but it also conflicts with dinner I think.

Wait, isn't the Tiffany and 80s concert Friday?

DK528
08-08-2017, 11:19 PM
Oh you're right Blase!

Elf70
08-09-2017, 12:31 AM
So happy you get another Vegas trip! You should email your Cosmo host and specifically ask for the room you want. Hosts will always book you lower than you qualify for if you don't ask. (I know this from experience and it's been confirmed by several of my hosts). They will assume you are happy with what you had. So send her/him an email and say you are hoping for a (whatever you're looking for) if you qualify. Your host will let you know either way. I'm sure you will get what you had if you don't specifically ask. They are used to negotiating so will be honest with you either way. Can't wait to follow your TR!

treyster
08-09-2017, 12:34 AM

Now I'm confused. That says Morris Day and the Time on Oct 21, but they're scheduled for here at Hollywood Columbus on Oct 20. That seems undoable being 2000 miles apart.

I'd do that Oct 21 show in a second but we arrive Oct 25

DK528
08-09-2017, 12:52 AM
So happy you get another Vegas trip! You should email your Cosmo host and specifically ask for the room you want. Hosts will always book you lower than you qualify for if you don't ask. (I know this from experience and it's been confirmed by several of my hosts). They will assume you are happy with what you had. So send her/him an email and say you are hoping for a (whatever you're looking for) if you qualify. Your host will let you know either way. I'm sure you will get what you had if you don't specifically ask. They are used to negotiating so will be honest with you either way. Can't wait to follow your TR!

Interesting, thanks Elf. I called the regular identity line today to ask abt the platinum credit and she mentioned that my offer was for a terrace suite. I've always been in terrace one br or studio.

Why do they book you lower than what you qualify for? I don't mind being in the one bedroom though coming solo if I have more backend comps to cover food/spa.

Elf70
08-09-2017, 01:24 AM
Interesting, thanks Elf. I called the regular identity line today to ask abt the platinum credit and she mentioned that my offer was for a terrace suite. I've always been in terrace one br or studio.

Why do they book you lower than what you qualify for? I don't mind being in the one bedroom though coming solo if I have more backend comps to cover food/spa.

My hosts have said that they assume you are happy with the room they book for you unless you specifically ask for something else. And your right, the lower room does allow for more backend comps.

If you think about it - they have no idea which you prefer - better room with less backend comps or lesser room with more backend comps. Unless you have a conversation with them about which you prefer they will assume you are happy with what they booked the last time. Once you have the conversation about your preferences they will mark it in your file.

I just did this with my host this past weekend at Cosmo. I asked for my future bookings to be a specific room series in a specific tower, higher than floor 35. My file now has been updated with my preferences. This certainly doesn't guarantee I'll always get what I want but there's a better chance now that we've talked about it.

Hope this all makes sense.

treyster
08-09-2017, 01:48 AM
I was talking to my CET host about this exact topic a few weeks ago when we were there. I asked if they expect more coin-in to offset a bigger room like V/P host told me. She said nope, they don't care what room you get comped. Your ADW (ADT) is rated against other guests staying at that same time and a pecking order is established for the comped rooms they have available. I assume anyone paying full price for a suite moves to the top of the list.

CTslotters
08-09-2017, 02:51 AM
Yay! So happy you booked, and we like concerts too, lol! Just sayin! ;)

DK528
08-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Thanks Elf70 and treyster. I think I'll keep it at the basic room for my solo trips - would rather get more backend comps - and for trips with friends or hopefully a boyfriend, will ask abt a nicer room.