PDA

View Full Version : Immersion Blender?

Nhcris
12-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for a decent immersion blender? I have never used one in spite of receiving two as gifts over the years. I gave one to one of my kids and donated the other. Now I want one dammit!

So, I am looking for a reasonably priced one that will do simple tasks, like making mayonnaise, pureeing soups and making salad dressings. Suggestions?

michelelovesvegas
12-08-2017, 09:43 PM
I have a Viking and love it. Comes with attachments, small food processor, cup, whisk, and the super powerful blender.

Curlyd
12-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for a decent immersion blender? I have never used one in spite of receiving two as gifts over the years. I gave one to one of my kids and donated the other. Now I want one dammit!

So, I am looking for a reasonably priced one that will do simple tasks, like making mayonnaise, pureeing soups and making salad dressings. Suggestions?

I have 2 - the best one is a Cuisinart that I actually got with gift points years ago at Harrah's Joliet. I don't use it much except to help with breaking up some of my bean and pea soups or sometimes with gravy, but I like it. It has a number of attachments.
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/cuisinart-reg-2-speed-smart-stick-hand-blender/1043211555?Keyword=immersion%20blenders

I have this for dressings (but it's not my favorite)

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/chef-39-n-reg-emulstir-trade-emulsifier-and-salad-dressing-mixer/1016036528?opbthead=true&ta=typeahead&Keyword=salad-dressing

LowAndSlow
12-08-2017, 11:44 PM

I have a very basic Cuisinart, no additional attachments. I love that thing. I have a separate mixer with attachments, such as grinders, slicers, and food processor, but my most used tool is the immersion blender.

Curlyd
12-09-2017, 12:18 AM
I need more ideas on where to use the immersion blender, obviously I am under trained!

Mary9915
12-09-2017, 11:11 AM
I've got a kitchenaid one. I don't use it very often to be honest. I usually grap my hand blender.

KimKyle
12-09-2017, 02:03 PM

I have a cuisinart that I’ve had for years. I love it. It has a whisk attachment that I use all the time to make whipped cream. It takes like 30 seconds. They were just on sale at Costco last month for 19.99.
I also have a Ninja blender that we used a lot for protein shakes,salad dressing, and mostly frozen adult beverages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dvandentop
12-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Ninja is the best one I have read as it keeps all the nutrients

Where as a juicer doesnt.

Nhcris
12-09-2017, 09:09 PM
I need more ideas on where to use the immersion blender, obviously I am under trained!

We can learn together after Christmas. I put one on my wishlist, and I am pretty sure Santa will deliver since he likes to eat :D

booberry
02-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Yes I am resurrecting a 2 year old thread to get my 10 posts. I love blenders! Especially immersion ones!