PDA

View Full Version : CET platinum for $100?

ozzynog
01-05-2018, 05:46 PM
I got an email where you can get 1000 tier credits for each paid hotel night. With $20 rates I'd rather spend that than 25k coin in to achieve the same goal. But am I missing something here? I never heard of tier credit, only tier score. It cant be RCs or it wouldn't use the term "tier."

LowAndSlow
01-05-2018, 06:13 PM
I just got the same email. WTH?

ozzynog
01-05-2018, 06:19 PM
I just got the same email. WTH?

Yea ikr well it is tier credits that do determine tier score so I guess a new marketing idea to make you a higher level and get you used to it so you will actually play more to keep it.

LowAndSlow
01-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Yea ikr well it is tier credits that do determine tier score so I guess a new marketing idea to make you a higher level and get you used to it so you will actually play more to keep it.

I suppose. Everyone is saying that they are practically giving Diamonds away. I realize this would get you to platinum, but I have been dragging my heels on getting the Visa card to get to platinum as a jumping off point to move on to low Diamond. This would seem to be cheaper. I don't see any fine print, though there must be some somewhere, that negates the TC's if you don't actually play as well as stay.

Cyndyga
01-05-2018, 08:48 PM
Dang I never get any of those emails for extra tier credits!!! I would jump on that offer :)

charlie50
01-05-2018, 09:01 PM
CET is trying several new things it seems .im guessing its cause there getting away from the aspiration levels . just a few months ago they had a deal on if you used your card at that time they would give you points on to next year.

kdk
01-05-2018, 09:17 PM
I didn't get this email myself but it's interesting. I'm seeing a trend of them doing different things to try to bring actual revenue in this year from things other than gambling.

Another one that just started is that if you use your reward credits you lose the discounts they used to give for tiers- discounts are cash/credit only.

I don't know if it's yet at all properties, but at Ak-Chin Diamond got $9 off the buffet, Platinum $6, etc- that is gone now unless you actually pay for it.

Same with the Quest for Rewards- giving badges off of spending actual money there not just gambling.

Penguin
01-06-2018, 01:59 AM
Oh well, the Penguins strike again. We already had a plan for the 1st quarter Quest and knew we would be paying for some of the rooms. So we just booked our Feb and March rooms. 11,000 bonus tier credits for us!!!!!!! Plus we have 2 rooms to book this Sunday for another 2000TC. All of this will cost us $200 more than what we were going to pay anyway. Kind of think it's dumb to have the Quest plus the room thingy at the same time, but then who are we to argue. THANK YOU CET!!!! Most of the rooms cost us around $75 for 1000 Tier credits. No brainer as long as you were going anyway.

I really believe CET is setting stage to make Diamond level 25000 TC beginning in 2019.

AC in 10 ten days as we begin the 2018 Diamond level quest. Windsor in 2 weeks. All nights fully comped. Kind of wished they charged us $30 or so.

CPT
01-06-2018, 02:01 AM
It's come down to they are giving Platinum away! (For shame!) #PlatinumKennyFor2018

LowAndSlow
01-06-2018, 02:05 AM
Oh well, the Penguins strike again. We already had a plan for the 1st quarter Quest and knew we would be paying for some of the rooms. So we just booked our Feb and March rooms. 11,000 bonus tier credits for us!!!!!!! Plus we have 2 rooms to book this Sunday for another 2000TC. All of this will cost us $200 more than what we were going to pay anyway. Kind of think it's dumb to have the Quest plus the room thingy at the same time, but then who are we to argue. THANK YOU CET!!!! Most of the rooms cost us around $75 for 1000 Tier credits. No brainer as long as you were going anyway.

I really believe CET is setting stage to make Diamond level 25000 TC beginning in 2019.

AC in 10 ten days as we begin the 2018 Diamond level quest. Windsor in 2 weeks. All nights fully comped. Kind of wished they charged us $30 or so.

Okay, Darrel, Master of Getting Diamond on the Cheap, did you see any fine print anywhere that voids the TCs if there is no play also involved?

Penguin
01-06-2018, 02:09 AM
No problem. We plan to play anyway. How much play?

LowAndSlow
01-06-2018, 02:21 AM
No problem. We plan to play anyway. How much play?

I suppose that's the question, how much play is acceptable. I guess what I wondered is, we would book stays that we hadn't planned or wanted to pay for in order to get the TCs, so there could be stays where we wouldn't play much at all.

Penguin
01-06-2018, 02:48 AM
Well, question not answered. I cannot find statement in fine print regarding play.

Joangca
01-13-2018, 09:06 PM
Trying to figure this new promotion out???? Since it wasn't sent to everyone are they only sending it to lower level members to get them to go for it? I got the offer but my DH didn't. You have to be opted in to get the rewards. In looking on our room choices I never saw so many free rooms. Usually we jump on that but now we are trying to find rooms that are over $20 but not a lot higher. Nice way to make Platinum but if everyone else makes Platinum the lowly Gold level lines will be the shortest. Must book before January 31 really puts the pressure on for Feb and March. Anyone have any detailed info on this??

LowAndSlow
01-13-2018, 10:21 PM
Trying to figure this new promotion out???? Since it wasn't sent to everyone are they only sending it to lower level members to get them to go for it? I got the offer but my DH didn't. You have to be opted in to get the rewards. In looking on our room choices I never saw so many free rooms. Usually we jump on that but now we are trying to find rooms that are over $20 but not a lot higher. Nice way to make Platinum but if everyone else makes Platinum the lowly Gold level lines will be the shortest. Must book before January 31 really puts the pressure on for Feb and March. Anyone have any detailed info on this??

The same thing has been happening to me lately with the comp room offers. I had been tossing around the idea of going with the credit card in order to get to platinum and then scraping my way up to diamond, that being my final goal. Then I thought, rather than extend my credit, why not just find the low rates and buy 5 room nights, even if I have to buy a weekend nite at a higher rate. It would still be better (for us) that extending credit right now. I do think not everyone is getting the offer and having to book before the end of the month does put the pressure on, plus it would mean, for us, multiple trips before the end of March and I'm not sure we can swing that (usually have to do last-minute things). Since our trips would invariably have to be to Caesars, Bally's and/or Harrah's, and the only one I can really tolerate is Harrah's, we decided to hold off on this for the current year. IF these programs and offers happen again for 2019, we might do it as we should be in a better position to start travelling and at that point, CET property options will come in handy, making the whole commitment to the programs more feasible. Ugh .... sometimes I think that's way too much thought going into a fun activity. :)

Penguin
01-14-2018, 01:20 AM
Well, we have completed our plans. Since we are notoriously low rollers with a real shitty ADT the only free rooms we had are in AC and Tunica. We actually gave up our free rooms in AC and booked same room for $40 per night. Ever get 1000TC for only $40?? So we are going to get 15,000 TC for the room offer (NYNE18) by end of March. Almost all of this was going to happen anyway because we wanted free TC from the Quest. Cost us about $250 more than we were going to pay anyway.

So this is why I asked about more games to play. We are going to take the BR that we would have used for most of the needed play for Diamond level and venture out of our comfort zone and try bunches of new stuff. Time to step it up so to speak. Play starts Tuesday in AC, Philly and Baltimore.

One thing we learned is to double check and make sure your reservation says NYNE18 on the reservation. Really best to go through that email that was sent and then log on to your account. Heck, AC gives and $290 food and drink coupon also.

Good luck to all. Just waiting to get to KC for some Joker fun.

LowAndSlow
01-14-2018, 05:52 AM
Well, we have completed our plans. Since we are notoriously low rollers with a real shitty ADT the only free rooms we had are in AC and Tunica. We actually gave up our free rooms in AC and booked same room for $40 per night. Ever get 1000TC for only $40?? So we are going to get 15,000 TC for the room offer (NYNE18) by end of March. Almost all of this was going to happen anyway because we wanted free TC from the Quest. Cost us about $250 more than we were going to pay anyway.

So this is why I asked about more games to play. We are going to take the BR that we would have used for most of the needed play for Diamond level and venture out of our comfort zone and try bunches of new stuff. Time to step it up so to speak. Play starts Tuesday in AC, Philly and Baltimore.

One thing we learned is to double check and make sure your reservation says NYNE18 on the reservation. Really best to go through that email that was sent and then log on to your account. Heck, AC gives and $290 food and drink coupon also.

Nice job, Penguins! I think this would have been a great deal for us had we been in a position to travel this year. Hoping that will happen next year and also hoping these kinds of offers are still in existence. I think you were spot on to give up a comp and pay $40 in exchange for 1000 TCs. That's exactly what I would have done.

sondor
01-14-2018, 02:44 PM

Impressive....good luck and have a great time....

Curlyd
01-14-2018, 02:48 PM
I wish I had gotten the e-mail. I've checked my offers on line and can't find it (because who knows if I deleted an email without reading it!). Oh well, great plan and see you in KC.

Penguin
01-14-2018, 03:29 PM
I wish I had gotten the e-mail. I've checked my offers on line and can't find it (because who knows if I deleted an email without reading it!). Oh well, great plan and see you in KC.

Okay, so try just booking a room through Caesars.com and make sure the code NYNE18 gets entered. After you see copy of the reservation make sure it says NYNE18 promo in the upper right hand portion. If not just cancel the reservation if you really don't need it. We even called one or two of the hotels to make sure the reservation was under the promo. Some of ours were screwed up and I think because we started with the TR web site. CET does a good job of making this stuff difficult at times. Have to admit we spent a few hours on this. I could forward my copy of the email to you if you want. We used Cathy's email as the starter.

MrsPenguin
01-14-2018, 03:57 PM

Oops! Minor typo there...we're only getting $20 credit...wish it were $290!!!

Mauretania
01-22-2018, 06:37 PM
I've been receiving the Las Vegas only offer weekly but hadn't opened it until the one I received today.

The email subject line read "Here's Your Ticket to Earn 1,000 Tier Credits When Booking With Us"
There seems to be two promotions offered the "New Year New Empire Sale" (NYNE18)which you receive a discounted rate when booked by Feb 19, good through Dec 29.
The Rio has a different code RBOU1 and includes a coupon for a bottle of alcohol.
Here's the fine print:
*Must be a Total Rewards member registered for the promotion to earn the bonus Tier Credits. Bonus Tier Credits will be posted within 45 days of check-out. Bonus Tier Credits earned during this promotion are not eligible for additional bonuses and/or multipliers. Stay must be booked before January 31, 2018. Offer valid on any rate greater than $20/night booked and completed before March 31, 2018. No special offer code required. Offer must be booked on Caesars.com or TotalRewards.com to earn credits. Valid at all Caesars Entertainment hotels. One-night deposit and credit card required. 72-hour cancellation policy applies. Offer subject to change at any time. Not valid with any other offer. Subject to availability. Rates may vary. Blackout dates may apply. Offers are non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Not valid for groups or conventions. A $15 surcharge may apply to room reservations booked through our call center; there is no service fee to book on our website. Reservations subject to a daily resort fee up to $50/night (subject to applicable tax) to be added at check-in. Resort fee includes: daily in-room high-speed Internet and fitness center access for two and local calls. Resort fees not assessed for Diamond and Seven Stars® guests. See caesars.com/parking for rates, exceptions and additional terms and conditions. Must be 21. Additional restrictions apply. Management reserves all rights and may revise or cancel this offer at any time without notice.

New Year New Empire Promo Code: NYNE18

**Offer includes a coupon for a complimentary bottle of alcohol. Must stay 2 or more nights to receive complimentary bottle. Upon check-in, you will receive a voucher to be redeemed for a bottle of alcohol (either vodka, gin, rum, tequila, Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc-specific specialty brands provide by hotel only) at the Rio Logo Gift Shop.

Valid at select Total Vegas resorts only. One-night deposit and credit card required. 72-hour cancellation policy applies. Valid on stays now - December 29, 2018. Must book by February 19, 2018. Subject to availability. Rates may vary. Blackout dates may apply. Offers are non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Not valid for groups or conventions. A $15 surcharge may apply to room reservations booked through our call center; there is no service fee to book on our website. Las Vegas room reservations subject to a daily resort fee between $30 and $45 (subject to applicable tax) to be added at check-in. Resort fee includes: daily in-room high-speed Internet and fitness center access for two and local calls. Resort fees not assessed for Diamond and Seven Stars® guests. Parking fees for valet apply at certain Caesars Entertainment properties and may be charged to hotel room. See caesars.com/parking for rates, exceptions and additional terms and conditions. Must be 21 or older to gamble or book a room. Additional restrictions apply. Management reserves all rights and may revise or cancel this offer at any time without notice.