PDA

View Full Version : Help with acronyms

breezydays
02-21-2018, 01:51 AM
I've been out of the loop for awhile so forgive me and I hope I don't sound like a doofus but what does LIT and WCF stand for? I'll probably kick myself when you give me the answer however for now I've been racking my brain and still come up with nothing. And btw, if there is a thread where stuff like this is addressed just direct me to it and I'll learn from there. Thanks to anyone in advance!

TwoArmedBandito
02-21-2018, 02:37 AM
Urban dictionary should help. IDK, SMH.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Curlyd
02-21-2018, 02:49 AM
I've been out of the loop for awhile so forgive me and I hope I don't sound like a doofus but what does LIT and WCF stand for? I'll probably kick myself when you give me the answer however for now I've been racking my brain and still come up with nothing. And btw, if there is a thread where stuff like this is addressed just direct me to it and I'll learn from there. Thanks to anyone in advance!

Well I can tell you the first one is a drink but I will need to look up the second one, or see how it was used to figure it out. I'm with you and don't always know what these abbreviations mean.

But I do know IDK and SMH!!!!!

Curlyd
02-21-2018, 03:03 AM
Mmmmm if you google WCF you come up with Windows Communication Foundation. I suppose CPT could have been referencing them in his post about his trip next weekend. He was referring to his YouTube group. There might be a connection there. CPT can you confirm?

breezydays
02-21-2018, 03:31 AM
LOL now IDK and SMH I DO know!:)

breezydays
02-21-2018, 03:38 AM
Thank you Curlyd...never thought of googling as I thought it was an "inside" joker's wild expression....will look up myself what that drink LIT is and in the meantime I guess only CPT can confirm your thought as to what the second is however CPT only when you have time as I know you are on a trip. No rush! Thanks again Curlyd:)

Mimi
02-21-2018, 04:21 AM
I believe LIT = Long Island ice tea, but then I could be wrong too, lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Curlyd
02-21-2018, 04:34 AM
Yep that's what I thought LIT was also - never had a long island tea - maybe try one but I think they are pretty strong!

Curlyd
02-21-2018, 04:35 AM
Thank you Curlyd...never thought of googling as I thought it was an "inside" joker's wild expression....will look up myself what that drink LIT is and in the meantime I guess only CPT can confirm your thought as to what the second is however CPT only when you have time as I know you are on a trip. No rush! Thanks again Curlyd:)

I thought WCF might be a slot machine abbreviation until I saw where CPT had used it.

TwoArmedBandito
02-21-2018, 06:04 AM
WCF is windy city frenzy. A you tube slot channel!

CPT
02-21-2018, 09:40 AM

WCF is windy city frenzy. A you tube slot channel!

Yes...HA.

LIT = Long Island Iced Tea
WCF = Windy City Frenzy on YouTube

zeus
02-21-2018, 11:40 AM
Time to change the contacts. I read Kathy's post as LIL. I thought she meant Lock It Link.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

charlie50
02-21-2018, 12:24 PM

Or it could mean your lit or buzzed from the long island ice tea hhh

breezydays
02-21-2018, 10:25 PM
Thank you everyone for cluing me in.....:)

hytail
02-24-2018, 06:13 PM
May not have some of the gambling acronyms, but netlingo.com is a resource. But I don't think the site owners update it very often.

KUTGW!