PDA

View Full Version : Corning Ware

Pat
04-29-2018, 11:22 PM
I thought we talked about this in the last few weeks.

Meijer (a store in Illinois) has the blue corn flower replacement pieces. Corningware 60th anniversary.

clemi
04-29-2018, 11:38 PM

Meijer (a store in Illinois) has the blue corn flower replacement pieces. Corningware 60th anniversary.

I have one piece left from this series. Corningware is really nice

sondor
04-29-2018, 11:55 PM
That's probably the set we have..only lost a couple since I was a kid...but when they do break, what a mess

Pat
04-29-2018, 11:59 PM
That's probably the set we have..only lost a couple since I was a kid...but when they do break, what a mess

That’s why they stopped making them. We never had to replace them. Bought some new version about 10 years ago and didn’t read the instructions and put it on the stovetop. Boom it exploded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sondor
04-30-2018, 12:01 AM
That’s why they stopped making them. We never had to replace them. Bought some new version about 10 years ago and didn’t read the instructions and put it on the stovetop. Boom it exploded.

I did that with a Glass Pan to warm up leftovers...it did not end well

Nhcris
04-30-2018, 12:10 AM
I spent the day doing some cleaning and trying to organize things at my Mom's now that work has begun. I poked my head in her lower corner cabinet that is barely accessible, and I definitely saw some of those pieces in there. They sure are pretty.

zeus
04-30-2018, 12:13 AM
My mother has many of the pieces that she uses all of the time. I cannot remember her not having them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

treyster
04-30-2018, 12:26 AM

Is it only one of the stores in Illinois?

Pat
04-30-2018, 12:35 AM
I spent the day doing some cleaning and trying to organize things at my Mom's now that work has begun. I poked my head in her lower corner cabinet that is barely accessible, and I definitely saw some of those pieces in there. They sure are pretty.

I have fond memories of them and watching my Mom cook with them

QHLover
04-30-2018, 03:24 PM
I loved them they were great to warm up leftovers., my mom would cook meatloaf in the long on

Pat
04-30-2018, 05:04 PM
Is it only one of the stores in Illinois?

I really don't know Treyster. My sister in Illinois told me about them We don't have Mejers by us unfortunately

treyster
04-30-2018, 11:33 PM
I really don't know Treyster. My sister in Illinois told me about them We don't have Mejers by us unfortunately

I see. Meijer is around the Midwest. In fact Linda grew up just a few miles from the original Meijer in Grand Rapids. It's one of the everything stores like Walmart is today.

darrellk
05-01-2018, 09:58 PM
I see. Meijer is around the Midwest. In fact Linda grew up just a few miles from the original Meijer in Grand Rapids. It's one of the everything stores like Walmart is today.

The Meijer stores that I have seen in Wisconsin are more like grocery stores not department stores. There is one in West Bend WI which is about 35 miles from me. A lot more closer to Milwaukee.

Pat
05-01-2018, 10:07 PM
The Meijer stores that I have seen in Wisconsin are more like grocery stores not department stores. There is one in West Bend WI which is about 35 miles from me. A lot more closer to Milwaukee.

The one by my sisters house is a mega grocery store, but also clothes, etc. I was fascinated with it. The Dutch Windmill cookies from there are great