PDA

View Full Version : The Best Spas in Vegas

Nhcris
04-04-2019, 09:18 PM
I have decided that I need to try out some spas in Vegas, both to relax and to assist with bankroll management! I know we have a few Jokers here that enjoy a day or a few hours at the spa, and I was hoping we could get a little conversation going about which ones you prefer and what they have to offer.

I have never been to a spa except at sea, so I have nothing to contribute just yet. I have been researching and it sounds like QUA at Caesar's Palace, the Spa at Aria and Canyon Ranch at Venetian are highly rated. But some of the other ones sound pretty interesting, too.

So what say you, Jokers? Which are the best Spas and why?

DK528
04-05-2019, 04:35 AM
My top 2 are the encore spa and the spa at mandarin oriental, now the Waldorf. Both their common wet areas are great and I’m a fan of treatments that are more than just a massage. Both spas offer that kind of option :)

I like Aria’s too. Just be careful abt the pool party and avoid going when it’s in session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNvegasgal
04-08-2019, 02:03 AM
I love the Aria Spa, I feel pampared. I like the steam room.. I like the salt room and the heated bed area.. luxury.

I have also tried a Bellagio, MGM and Excalibur. I have not tried a Caesars property.

Nhcris
04-08-2019, 11:04 AM
Thanks DK528 and MNvegasgal. I'm sure Encore and Waldorf are top of the line and Aria sounds really nice. Silly rookie question, but do people actually get naked?

I am going to try to check one out of the CET ones on this trip, and when I go in June I am really going to try to get myself to Canyon Ranch at Venetian. I think it will be a nice change of pace to actually relax for a couple hours in Vegas. It would also be cool to get feedback on as many of the spas as possible just in case any other Jokers can drag themselves away from gambling for something besides eating :peaceful:

Stephiede11
04-08-2019, 11:06 AM
My favorite spa so far is Aria. I love all the different rooms, the snack and drink selection, and the pool area outside. Like Dina said, if the pool party is going on down below, it can get loud. I don't really mind that part too much. I just go back inside if it's gets too much. Aria wins me over everything because it's never busy when I go. I normally go during the week so that's probably why. I like Canyon Ranch if I'm staying there but kinda find it lacking after going to Aria. Qua at Ceasars did not feel relaxing to me. I thought it was too bright, very busy and loud. The amenities were good but I just didn't enjoy my time there.

Going to the spa will definitely save on the bankroll. I usually spend my mornings at the spa or by the pool just to regroup and not lose any money, lol. Hope you find one you like.

Stephiede11
04-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Thanks DK528 and MNvegasgal. I'm sure Encore and Waldorf are top of the line and Aria sounds really nice. Silly rookie question, but do people actually get naked?

I am going to try to check one out of the CET ones on this trip, and when I go in June I am really going to try to get myself to Canyon Ranch at Venetian. I think it will be a nice change of pace to actually relax for a couple hours in Vegas. It would also be cool to get feedback on as many of the spas as possible just in case any other Jokers can drag themselves away from gambling for something besides eating :peaceful:

Yes, some women are naked. Lol. Takes you by surprise at first but I'm so used to it by now. I wear my bathing suit until my massage. They provide a robe and slippers for you.

michelelovesvegas
04-08-2019, 12:13 PM
I would probably recommend using the spa where you stay. I get so relaxed and like to go back to the room and veg out for a bit. I don't do spas at home because I don't want to waste the relaxation I get by driving home.

DK528
04-08-2019, 03:35 PM

Concur with Stephiede11. I wear a bathing suit although there are women who go into the pools/water naked.

Nhcris
04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Concur with @Stephiede11 (https://jokerswildforum.com/member.php?u=91). I wear a bathing suit although there are women who go into the pools/water naked.

This will sound very unsophisticated and childish, but "Ewww".

serenasea
04-08-2019, 04:31 PM

HHH! You definitely wouldn't want to visit the Korean spa in my area, AKA the "naked lady spa." Naked baths and hard-core body scrubs that take off a layer of skin!

https://olympusspa.com/lynnwood/

Elf70
04-08-2019, 04:47 PM

I concur. Ewwww. The main reason I haven’t tried a spa in Vegas is I just don’t know the protocols and am afraid I’ll do something dumb. One of there days I’ll get up the nerve.

michelelovesvegas
04-08-2019, 05:02 PM
I concur. Ewwww. The main reason I haven’t tried a spa in Vegas is I just don’t know the protocols and am afraid I’ll do something dumb. One of there days I’ll get up the nerve.

You can start with the spa at Cherokee. Very nice and you really can't screw it up. Going for massage and facial on Sunday while Mark babysits Mom on the slot floor. Then Brio for dinner.

Nhcris
04-08-2019, 05:35 PM

I know the feeling! Sis took me when we were on the MSC cruise last March, and she showed me the ropes. Other than the naked stuff, it was all pretty straightforward. It was very quiet and relaxing, sort of like being in a library in your swimsuit (yeah, I had to keep my laugh under control). We were given a tour the first time, and I would think that is available at any spa, so you could ask any questions you have then.

I hope you give it a try. Maybe one day on a future trip some of us can do a Spa day in Vegas!

Nhcris
04-08-2019, 05:37 PM
You can start with the spa at Cherokee. Very nice and you really can't screw it up. Going for massage and facial on Sunday while Mark babysits Mom on the slot floor. Then Brio for dinner.

Sounds like a great way to spend some time Cherokee. Enjoy Brio! I really liked it there.

Darlene
04-09-2019, 12:05 AM
So glad you started this thread, count me in the protocol clueless camp. One of these days, I'll try out the spa so can't wait to hear the experiences.

Georgiagambler
09-22-2019, 04:01 AM
I like to go to Qua at Caesars. I haven’t had any services there I just do the Roman rituals. Hang out in the hot tub, sit in the steam sauna and ice room. It’s only $25 for Diamond if you are staying there and it’s free for 7 Stars. It’s a nice way to spend a couple hours to just relax and $25 spent there saves me a lot in gambling. I like it because of the cost and it’s pretty big. It is clothing optional but I typically bring a bathing suit with me.

nhmajik
09-22-2019, 02:20 PM
Our two favorites are Qua and Canyon Ranch Spa...we've only ever had deep tissue massages at both and all the massage therapist we've seen at both places were awesome. As far as the hot tub, steam rooms, sauna...they are clothing optional but in all my visits only very few went without a bathing suit. And they would just disrobe before getting into the hot tub and grab their robe or towel immediately on getting out. Also in the steam/sauna they would place towels to sit on and have a towel wrapped around them, so not really naked. It's really not a big deal and I've never seen anyone just wandering around the spa nude. As far as services its best to go nude (unless you are uncomfortable then by all means where your panties and bra) but they do get in the way of a smooth flowing massage. ALL the therapists I've ever had have been very professional and make sure you are draped with sheets in appropriate places. I love massages and truly believe they are so beneficial to your well being. We've tried spas at TI, Mirage, Encore, Wynn, Flamingo, Bally's, Harrah's, Golden Nugget as well as many off strip ones with group ons at discounted prices. And for the most part have enjoyed most all of them.

Pat
09-22-2019, 03:08 PM
I'm just not a spa person. I think part of it is that I can become claustrophobic in the treatment rooms. Don't like having my eyes covered with a cloth and my hands tightly wrapped under a blanket. Yeah, I know it's weird.

I love the smells in there though.