PDA

View Full Version : Junket flights-one way?

nhmajik
09-13-2019, 10:00 AM
I was thinking of taking a junket to Reno (free) ...but they only give you 5 days. I would like to stay longer and visit Tahoe (which there is a small fee if I you choose Tahoe for the 5 days). Has anyone ever taken a junket to a place but didn't take flight home, made their own arrangements for flight back?

treyster
09-13-2019, 10:19 AM
One way junkets.... don't give em any ideas.

CPT
09-13-2019, 10:31 AM
Check the fine print, they may wack you with a fee for not returning on the flight. The fee may be worth it though since it’s free to begin!

nhmajik
09-13-2019, 10:43 AM
Hehehe...you're right Trey, I bet it will be a thing soon the way it's going. Yes CPT I will definitely have to check fine print on next one- I bet you are right about a fee though.

Nhcris
09-13-2019, 11:41 AM
I was thinking of taking a junket to Reno (free) ...but they only give you 5 days. I would like to stay longer and visit Tahoe (which there is a small fee if I you choose Tahoe for the 5 days). Has anyone ever taken a junket to a place but didn't take flight home, made their own arrangements for flight back?

I have been wondering the same thing, as I thought of taking the Junket out there and then visiting Tim in San Francisco. I have been hesitant to try it, mostly because I really don't like Harrah's Reno. The cost for Tahoe is a little too high for me. I have never noticed any fine print on my regular junkets, but I think these are on commercial flights. It's possible they wouldn't even know you didn't take the return flight...

Luvs2Run
09-13-2019, 08:33 PM

I have considered doing this to Laughlin. I will be interested in your responses.

Mimi
09-14-2019, 12:40 AM

We didn't stay longer but did both Reno and Tahoe on our junket. Spent a day in Reno, then Tahoe 3 days and final night in Reno, worked out great. Hertz has a rental desk in Reno lobby to make renting a car easy.

nhmajik
09-18-2019, 12:43 PM
We didn't stay longer but did both Reno and Tahoe on our junket. Spent a day in Reno, then Tahoe 3 days and final night in Reno, worked out great. Hertz has a rental desk in Reno lobby to make renting a car easy.

We rent a car in Reno, we like to explore area. But they let you split your junket up between Reno/Tahoe...that is cool.