PDA

View Full Version : Giada photos and my opinions

Evoni
04-24-2015, 12:13 AM
Old news by now, but this is my version of our Giada dinner. :) I will eventually be finished with my TR, just writing up a few things like this separately to just link to it in the TR so I can find the restaurant information easier in the future. :)

http://www.lasvegasdaze.com/2015/04/giada-restaurant-revisited.html

zeus
04-24-2015, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the report, Diana. I am sorry that it was a disappointing dinner, but the pics are beautiful. At least you were with some great folks.
Looking forward to the TR!

mandacoach
04-24-2015, 12:50 AM
Great report on Giada's! You always take such nice photos! I ate there back in November, and I was pretty disappointed. I am looking forward to your TR as well!

dvandentop
04-24-2015, 01:36 AM
amy said her lemon spaghetti had good taste of lemon and i tasted it also. so yeah some inconsistency but food quality still good imho on the 2 times we went.

clemi
04-24-2015, 02:02 AM
Great report on our dinner Evoni. While I was not too impressed on my selection I so enjoyed the ambience and company. Had a blast in the photo booth... As you all can tell lol.

It was a fun night and I'd go again to Giada but would do exactly as you suggest.

Thanks again for the wonderful post [emoji4]

Hawkeye
04-24-2015, 03:04 AM
Great Giada write up. It's too bad the experience was underwhelming. Thank you.

TwoArmedBandito
04-24-2015, 03:54 AM
Nothing turns me off more about a restaurant than inconsistency . Great once then mediocre next , I might give em one more chance. Mediocre from the start and I won't be back.
Seems like alot of lemon dishes at Giada. Some lemon dishes without lemon in them!

Evoni
04-24-2015, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the report, Diana. I am sorry that it was a disappointing dinner, but the pics are beautiful. At least you were with some great folks.
Looking forward to the TR!

Company and service wise, it was a fabulous dinner. I do hope that Giada gets back on track again as I did enjoy it last August. I'm hoping to finish the trip report this weekend and have it up early next week. :)

Great report on Giada's! You always take such nice photos! I ate there back in November, and I was pretty disappointed. I am looking forward to your TR as well!

Thanks, I'm glad you like the photos! Sorry you were disappointed too.

amy said her lemon spaghetti had good taste of lemon and i tasted it also. so yeah some inconsistency but food quality still good imho on the 2 times we went.

Looks like it might be who is running/cooking in the kitchen that night.

Great report on our dinner Evoni. While I was not too impressed on my selection I so enjoyed the ambience and company. Had a blast in the photo booth... As you all can tell lol.

It was a fun night and I'd go again to Giada but would do exactly as you suggest.

Thanks again for the wonderful post [emoji4]

It was a fun dinner and I agree on the ambiance! Love that photo booth. It was so funny when we all where in that tiny booth together, I wish someone had been there to take a video of that!

Great Giada write up. It's too bad the experience was underwhelming. Thank you.

It was underwhelming this time, but it's possible to have a different experience there, I just wish they were more consistent with their food like a couple of my other favorite Vegas restaurants. :)

Nothing turns me off more about a restaurant than inconsistency . Great once then mediocre next , I might give em one more chance. Mediocre from the start and I won't be back.
Seems like alot of lemon dishes at Giada. Some lemon dishes without lemon in them!

I agree, if the first dinner is mediocre I'm likely not going to give them another chance in a area where there is so much competition. I did like my dinner there last year, so I'm wiling to give them a 3rd chance on some future date if other friends want to go.

One thing I didn't mention because I couldn't remember the exact entrees, but when we first were seated they immediately told us they were out of several menu items which is always disappointing to hear.

Laurie
04-24-2015, 11:19 AM
Great review! I was expecting to love it and was kind of sad I didn't since I chose it for my Birthday dinner but like you I would give it another chance. The photo booth was fun :) The best part was spending the evening with all of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPT
04-24-2015, 11:38 AM
The soup had bacon in it, that's what sold me! :smile-new:
While it was good, I agree with you that I would only probably go back if asked to go with a group.

TwoArmedBandito
04-24-2015, 11:52 AM
If Giada knew about these reviews she'd probably kick some ass. Italian style!

20cardmg
04-24-2015, 03:23 PM

Hey Derek..honestly I would have rather had more lemon because it goes so well with the shrimp. But I got mostly a lot of marscapone which overwhelmed the dish. It only got a 7 out fo 10 for me and I LOVE pasta. I'm glad Amy enjoyed her dish. I did have grilled octopus for the first time and really liked it.

foamy
04-24-2015, 04:26 PM
I still live by the moto never trust a skinny cook. hhh

RiverSong
04-24-2015, 04:31 PM
I enjoyed my choice, chicken Marsala meatballs, rigatoni & salad. Whoever prepared the lemon shrimp pasta should be chopped. I watch way too much TV

Blase
04-24-2015, 04:50 PM
I had originally planned on taking my girlfriends there one night when we were in Vegas, but then Heather read some unfavorable reviews online and said she wasn't keen on trying it. After reading the reviews in here, it sounds like she made the right choice.

I still want to try it someday, maybe when I go with Scott, but am not nearly excited as I once was!

Evoni
04-25-2015, 12:24 AM
Great review! I was expecting to love it and was kind of sad I didn't since I chose it for my Birthday dinner but like you I would give it another chance. The photo booth was fun :) The best part was spending the evening with all of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely the company made it special! Hopefully management will make working on consistency a priority.

The soup had bacon in it, that's what sold me! :smile-new:
While it was good, I agree with you that I would only probably go back if asked to go with a group.

We need to take you to Table 10 one of these trips for their 4 course tasting menu that is only $45.00. One of the courses is the best bacon I've ever had, you would love it!

If Giada knew about these reviews she'd probably kick some ass. Italian style!

LOL, lets hope she does!

Hey Derek..honestly I would have rather had more lemon because it goes so well with the shrimp. But I got mostly a lot of marscapone which overwhelmed the dish. It only got a 7 out fo 10 for me and I LOVE pasta. I'm glad Amy enjoyed her dish. I did have grilled octopus for the first time and really liked it.

I'm thinking with the lack of lemon in my salad, and the lemon spaghetti that Manette and you had that they might have run out of lemons that evening, LOL!

I still live by the moto never trust a skinny cook. hhh
LOL! Of course Giada isn't really back there cooking. I guess we should have asked to see who was the chef that night so we could check his/her waistline!

I enjoyed my choice, chicken Marsala meatballs, rigatoni & salad. Whoever prepared the lemon shrimp pasta should be chopped. I watch way too much TV

Good to know you enjoyed yours! I couldn't remember all you ordered because I only took a photo of the rigatoni because I guess you and Laurie both had the Marsala Meatballs and salad. I need to start taking more notes and relying less on my memory! LOL on the TV show Chopped, I watch that sometimes too!

I had originally planned on taking my girlfriends there one night when we were in Vegas, but then Heather read some unfavorable reviews online and said she wasn't keen on trying it. After reading the reviews in here, it sounds like she made the right choice.

I still want to try it someday, maybe when I go with Scott, but am not nearly excited as I once was!

It could be we hit it on a night when the regular chef was off, as Derek and Amy enjoyed their dinner there a couple nights later. However we shouldn't have to hope that the head or regular chef is cooking that night so that our food is great. I hope if and when you try it you can report back they have their mojo back. :)

Jackpot
04-25-2015, 02:45 AM
Hi Evoni,

I enjoyed your photos and review of Giada. I also want to thank you for showing on one of your slot videos CP's business card with the forum's name, so I finally found out where the heck everyone went....lol! I guess I should have put your name down for who referred me to this forum. Hi Everybody!!:cheerful:

Jackpot

TwoArmedBandito
04-25-2015, 03:20 AM
Hi Jackpot! You should go introduce yourself in a new thread so everyone knows.

Luckylinda123
04-25-2015, 03:50 AM
Jackpot hi and welcome

Has anyone eaten breakfast at Gilda? I thought that might be good

clemi
04-25-2015, 05:54 AM
Jackpot, waving hi to you! :)

Evoni
04-25-2015, 06:58 AM
Hi Evoni,

I enjoyed your photos and review of Giada. I also want to thank you for showing on one of your slot videos CP's business card with the forum's name, so I finally found out where the heck everyone went....lol! I guess I should have put your name down for who referred me to this forum. Hi Everybody!!:cheerful:

Jackpot

Thanks Jackpot and welcome! I'm so glad that putting CP's business card in one of my videos helped you find your way here! I have another video from the strip stumble to upload on my channel in the future and I'll include it in that one too. :)