PDA

View Full Version : Criss Angel's Las Vegas show......

nancypants
04-25-2015, 07:21 PM
is it THAT bad?

We're thinking about watching a show when we go in a couple of weeks. I've seen most of the shows on the strip with the exception of Criss Angel, Michael Jackson, Zumanity and the new ones like Show Stoppers. Out of the 3 old ones, I know that the Michael Jackson show will be the most entertaining but I want to use MyVegas rewards.

Has anyone seen the Criss Angel show? I usually love magic shows and would like some feedback.

Thanks!

TwoArmedBandito
04-26-2015, 03:53 AM
I read some article that it was one of the don't dos in Vegas. I think he's too full of himself.

Evoni
04-26-2015, 04:01 AM
My husband and I saw it a year after it had opened along with 2 other friends and it had some changes done to it from when it had first opened. All of us liked the show, but then we didn't go in with any expectations as we hadn't watched him on TV at all. A year and a half ago I sent my Mom, her friend and my adult son to see the show and all of them enjoyed it. However, since then the show had a break and was revamped, so I'm not sure if it's as good as when we saw it or not.

Big Mac
04-26-2015, 02:24 PM
I saw it a year ago and it was below average a couple of big production tricks and a lot of videos from his tv show it was like an info commercial for his tv show I wouldn't go to it lots better shows in Vegas

Evoni
04-26-2015, 06:53 PM
is it THAT bad?

We're thinking about watching a show when we go in a couple of weeks. I've seen most of the shows on the strip with the exception of Criss Angel, Michael Jackson, Zumanity and the new ones like Show Stoppers. Out of the 3 old ones, I know that the Michael Jackson show will be the most entertaining but I want to use MyVegas rewards.

Has anyone seen the Criss Angel show? I usually love magic shows and would like some feedback.

Thanks!

If what you are looking for is a magic show then you are better off with seeing David Copperfield at MGM Grand, though I don't recall if I have seen tickets for that on Myvegas.

nancypants
04-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Thanks for all the input! Evoni I saw David copper field twice and loved it! DH and I both got to participate in the show.

@bigmac thanks. No thanks on the infomercials! Pass!
TwoArmedBandito he's totally full of himself. He had more eyeliner on than Holly Madison when they were an item. I also read that he has a contract until he's 50 so he'll be there for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evoni
04-26-2015, 08:46 PM
Most entertainers are full of themselves, not a shocker. ;)

Criss Angel is 48, so if the contract is until he's 50, that's not a unusual time period for one.

When we saw his show I think there was only 1 or 2 short vids from the TV show, so I guess that's one of the changes they made to it a year ago.

The Michael Jackson show at MB is great.

nancypants
04-26-2015, 11:25 PM
Evoni I had no idea he was 48! He's hiding behind all that eyeliner/hair/ emo stuff....

noleman
04-26-2015, 11:54 PM
+1 for the M. Jackson show. Was never a fan of his, but the show is just goddamn amazing. Chris Angel is not the best Magic show on the strip. You can do bett -- Penn & Teller and David Copperfield are better. Hell, even the dirty hypnotist shows are better.

Evoni
04-27-2015, 01:08 AM
Evoni I had no idea he was 48! He's hiding behind all that eyeliner/hair/ emo stuff....

I know I was surprised too when I heard a while back how old he was.

SoCalRob
04-27-2015, 01:08 AM
is it THAT bad?

Thanks!
nenshee21, I have tickets to see his show in July along with Kathy Griffin and Cirque Ka. I've heard amazing things about it. Not the "must not dos". So I figured why not even though I'm not a fan of him at all because he's a total douche.

Most entertainers are full of themselves, not a shocker. ;)

Criss Angel is 48, so if the contract is until he's 50, that's not a unusual time period for one.

When we saw his show I think there was only 1 or 2 short vids from the TV show, so I guess that's one of the changes they made to it a year ago.

The Michael Jackson show at MB is great.
Evoni, MJ is probably one of the BEST shows I've seen in vegas to date. It was so amazing. I was in one of the first sections and while the music was giving me a heart attack, I loved it...because the music and the production was just absolutely fantastic!

+1 for the M. Jackson show. Was never a fan of his, but the show is just goddamn amazing. Chris Angel is not the best Magic show on the strip. You can do bett -- Penn & Teller and David Copperfield are better. Hell, even the dirty hypnotist shows are better.
noleman, So glad to read this, because I was starting to get nervous after reading the other review about the informericial thing.

nancypants
04-27-2015, 07:01 AM
Can I use Express Comps to pay for the Michael Jackson show?

Evoni
04-27-2015, 07:04 AM
Can I use Express Comps to pay for the Michael Jackson show?

Yes you can. :)

nancypants
04-27-2015, 03:25 PM
Thanks Evoni, you're a fountain of Vegas knowledge. This will probably be one of our last trips in a while... (Maybe one more during the summer months) so we need to do everything we want to.

nancypants
05-01-2015, 12:30 AM
So sad... Trip is postponed.

zeus
05-01-2015, 12:38 AM

Oh no! I hate to hear this. I hope you get to go real soon.

Evoni
05-01-2015, 01:21 AM

Sorry to hear that. Hope you can reschedule it for later this year.