PDA

View Full Version : G2e n00000b

SoCalRob
05-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Hey Jokers. So I know G2E is still a little bit away and all that but I am a total newbie when it comes to this event. I'm absolutely dying to go this year as I've wanted to go for the last few years now. I read that you can only get in if you're in the industry but I've also heard that tickets are given out for free or what have you...So I'm wondering if anyone and everyone can help with info on anything regarding this event. Like what dates are best to go during the dates its scheduled. What dates should my reservation for my hotel be made for in the event I can actually go. Etc. etc. etc. Any help would be very apprecited. Thanks Jokers!

sondor
05-12-2015, 10:00 PM
I only went once a couple years ago. I got my Passes from Shamus on Playerslife, WMS gave him some. I believe some people were also getting them from Bingoking or something like that. You just need a number then you sign up on the G2E website and then pick up your ID at the event. We only made the last day (Thur I think) and it was nice as the crowds are down and you can get at the games quicker, the first day is probably pretty crazy. Evoni I think goes most years so she probably knows a lot more of the in's and outs. My wife really liked it as well, so hopefully we get back again sometime.

SoCalRob
05-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Thanks sondor. Yeah Evoni was my go to person, but I didn't want to bug her too much about it. Plus I figured by posting it here I could also get other people's ideas, opinions, etc. Thanks for responding about your experience. I'm crossing my fingers that I get lucky to score some tickets. I already checked CET and can get comped nights the entire time the convention is in town, which is awesome.

sondor
05-12-2015, 10:21 PM
If nothing else sign up over at Playerslife. Not much happens over there anymore but that way if they offer up tickets your not completely new. Shamus still posts over there trying to keep the site alive...Hopefully he joins over here at some point.

Skyler
05-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Im wondering the same thing. Last year Aristocrat offered us tix at sf, but im planning to go at that time again this year and hope I can score some. Ive been the last 2 years and its pretty awesome!

Nhcris
05-13-2015, 12:18 AM
I've been a couple of times and it is really cool. I don't have the stamina of a lot of the folks here that go, but I spent a few hours there both times. There is cool stuff besides slot machines that I also found fascinating. If I make it this year (still pretty iffy - have to choose between G2E and Halloween) I will likely pace myself again. I'd be surprised if tickets aren't made available to anyone on the forum that wants to go.

I'm sure someone will start a thread under M&G's when the time gets a bit closer.

SoCalRob
05-13-2015, 12:18 AM
Im wondering the same thing. Last year Aristocrat offered us tix at sf, but im planning to go at that time again this year and hope I can score some. Ive been the last 2 years and its pretty awesome!

Keep me updated Skyler! I'm gonna be kinda bugging around...I already posted something on WMS' facebook wall about it. I'll probably try and book a room (in case I do get passes) in the next three weeks or so.

SoCalRob
05-13-2015, 12:19 AM
I've been a couple of times and it is really cool. I don't have the stamina of a lot of the folks here that go, but I spent a few hours there both times. There is cool stuff besides slot machines that I also found fascinating. If I make it this year (still pretty iffy - have to choose between G2E and Halloween) I will likely pace myself again. I'd be surprised if tickets aren't made available to anyone on the forum that wants to go.

I'm sure someone will start a thread under M&G's when the time gets a bit closer.

Oh Nhcris that's great to hear. I love slot machines but it'd also be cool to see what else they offer. The whole industry in general is quite an enigma.

Evoni
05-13-2015, 12:24 AM
I've already answered Rob's questions on FB a bit ago so I won't repeat everything here but last year there were lots of companies giving out links to free passes for G2e and most of them don't do it until around August or so. I've very hopeful that this year will be the same and anyone who wants to attend will be able to get free passes to the exhibits. If I hear of any free passes before others start to post links to them, I'll be sure to post and I'm sure any of you will do the same. :)

Laurie
05-13-2015, 12:25 AM
The year I went I think the link was from video king. For sure book a room while the comp is showing. Really don't think it will be a problem getting a free pass Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalRob
05-13-2015, 12:32 AM
The year I went I think the link was from video king. For sure book a room while the comp is showing. Really don't think it will be a problem getting a free pass Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Laurie! I won't go unless I can get someone to go with me. I also looked into booking the rooms because it has free cancellation until Sept 25th. However, I got this lovely notification saying "You have reached the maximum number of reservations for this location/hotel. Either sign out and book under normal rate or call us with any further questions." So it looks like I will have to wait to book until at least the first week of June once I've used one of my reservations.

NYphoenix
05-13-2015, 12:44 AM
What were the dates to this again? 9/29-10/1?
I've been ordered by Evoni to think about going...thinking about it!

SoCalRob
05-13-2015, 12:50 AM

Yeah Rob, it looks like the Exhibit hall is the 29th thru the 1st. If I go, I'll be arriving the 28th and leaving the 2nd. It's always looked like an amazing adventure. I've followed it for the last three years on Youtube. What little videos they'd release.

NYphoenix
05-13-2015, 12:52 AM
Yeah Rob, it looks like the Exhibit hall is the 29th thru the 1st. If I go, I'll be arriving the 28th and leaving the 2nd. It's always looked like an amazing adventure. I've followed it for the last three years on Youtube. What little videos they'd release.

Thanks Rob, I've been keeping my eye on flights from Southwest since they gave me that $465 flight voucher to get off the plane last month :)

SoCalRob
05-13-2015, 12:55 AM
Thanks Rob, I've been keeping my eye on flights from Southwest since they gave me that $465 flight voucher to get off the plane last month :)

perfect way to use it, if you ask me!

Blase
05-13-2015, 01:29 AM
So if you get tickets, that includes all three days of the exhibit? Or just one day?

Ahhhh, I want to do AC, this and Coushatta! Can't do all three!!!

NYphoenix
05-13-2015, 01:31 AM
So if you get tickets, that includes all three days of the exhibit? Or just one day?

Yes you can, I am....trying LOL

SoCalRob
05-13-2015, 01:31 AM

Not sure how it all works. Evoni knows best. I assume it was any and all days the convention is there.

SoCalRob
05-13-2015, 01:33 AM

Alright, Blase told me to take advantage of the cheap flight tickets right now it was like $142. For me. So I bought my tickets, but if I don't get passes or someone to go with, then I'll cancel it and use the credit towards another trip some other time! Better safe than sorry!

twinslotaddicts
05-13-2015, 01:47 AM
If nothing else sign up over at Playerslife. Not much happens over there anymore but that way if they offer up tickets your not completely new. Shamus still posts over there trying to keep the site alive...Hopefully he joins over here at some point.

He is a member although hasn't posted. I did send him an email so I'd imagine he'll be getting back to me in the morning.

Ang

Evoni
05-13-2015, 01:50 AM

Your flight being full and getting that voucher was a sign that you were meant to go to G2e this year. ;)

Not sure how it all works. Evoni knows best. I assume it was any and all days the convention is there.

The pass is good for all 3 days for the exhibit hall.

clemi
05-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Thinking about going arriving on the 28th and departing on the first. Hoping too we can score passes. I've been twice and both times I've been able to get them. It sounds like the Exhibitors can post free passes on the G2E website under the exhibitor dashboard. Not sure but I plan to check back there.

Hoping to see a bunch of Jokers going :)

SoCalRob
05-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Thinking about going arriving on the 28th and departing on the first. Hoping too we can score passes. I've been twice and both times I've been able to get them. It sounds like the Exhibitors can post free passes on the G2E website under the exhibitor dashboard. Not sure but I plan to check back there.

Hoping to see a bunch of Jokers going :)
If I score a pass and get someone to go with. I'll definitely be there! Keep US updated if you see on hear anything. clemi :)

clemi
05-17-2015, 01:32 AM
Just booked my flights, great fare with SWA!

Now thinking on where to stay... Wynn keeps calling my name but I lost so badly there in August I'm leaning to stay elsewhere. [emoji78]

SoCalRob
05-17-2015, 01:35 AM
Just booked my flights, great fare with SWA!

Now thinking on where to stay... Wynn keeps calling my name but I lost so badly there in August I'm leaning to stay elsewhere. [emoji78]
I know clemi. I got an amazing SWA rate. $142 round trip!

boots
05-24-2015, 07:20 AM
Currently planning to fly out late Wed 9/30 and attend the last day of the show on 10/1. SoCalRob, it's really fun and interesting, and you should totally go.

SoCalRob
05-24-2015, 07:30 AM
Currently planning to fly out late Wed 9/30 and attend the last day of the show on 10/1. SoCalRob, it's really fun and interesting, and you should totally go.
As long as I can get a pass and be able to go to the exhibit with some people. Maybe Evoni or anyone else who goes. :wink: :wink: I'll definitely go.