PDA

View Full Version : But I'd rather like a 4OAK...

CPT
05-19-2015, 10:52 PM
I might be greedy, but I'd rather just hold the pair and go for a 4OAK. Yeah I could get a full house, but then again I could get a 4OAK, although more of a long shot. Oh the struggles!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/KennyInPA/2Pair_zpsnqh82drj.jpg

seemoreroyals
05-19-2015, 11:00 PM
I would keep the 2 aces and go for 4 aces. Don't play DB often. But I know on DDB keeping the 2 aces and tossing the other pair is the correct strategy.

foamy
05-19-2015, 11:00 PM
That looks like double bonus so I don't know the strategy but I play double double and you would definitely only keep the pair of aces

CPT
05-19-2015, 11:07 PM
I would keep the 2 aces and go for 4 aces. Don't play DB often. But I know on DDB keeping the 2 aces and tossing the other pair is the correct strategy.

That looks like double bonus so I don't know the strategy but I play double double and you would definitely only keep the pair of aces

I believe Chris yelled at me for that, always keep the aces. But then again at least it pays something. But would I rather have 5 credits or 800? That's the question I must ask myself!

slotbender
05-19-2015, 11:09 PM

Another one that is the correct strategy when playing DDB is that if you are dealt a full house w/3 aces, toss the pair (of whatever) and hold the 3 aces for the draw. I've done this before and about half the time I'll draw the 4th ace (sometimes along with a kicker). This works especially well when you are playing a multiple hand game : )

CPT
05-19-2015, 11:12 PM
That makes sense too SB, I'd take that gamble! I might make a local run on Saturday morning (probably MoSun Pocono) and play a little bonus VP. We'll see if my noob luck has traveled back to PA with me from Vegas!

seemoreroyals
05-19-2015, 11:27 PM
That makes sense too SB, I'd take that gamble! I might make a local run on Saturday morning (probably MoSun Pocono) and play a little bonus VP. We'll see if my noob luck has traveled back to PA with me from Vegas!

If you are just playing Bonus Poker you would keep the 2 pairs go for the full house. The 4 aces only pays 400. I am almost positive on Double Bonus where the 4 aces pay 800 it would be enough of a carrot to toss the other pair and go for it.

slotbender
05-19-2015, 11:28 PM

Here is a vid that you should check out (good luck at MoSun) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QXXsDpeOfQ

CPT
05-19-2015, 11:49 PM
If you are just playing Bonus Poker you would keep the 2 pairs go for the full house. The 4 aces only pays 400. I am almost positive on Double Bonus where the 4 aces pay 800 it would be enough of a carrot to toss the other pair and go for it.

Enough of a carrot for me..:nod:

Here is a vid that you should check out (good luck at MoSun) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QXXsDpeOfQ

That's a good video, thanks! Heck she's saying 8/5, I've seen 7/5 before in a few places. Booo. I have a whole $15 in free play at MoSun, the carrot is dangling..woohoo big $$..hehe

dvandentop
05-19-2015, 11:52 PM
Lol I will stick to jacks or better

seemoreroyals
05-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Here's a good book also by Linda Boyd

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/19/67dfcaaaaa7eae239f4c73c5a31f6d6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slotbender
05-20-2015, 12:13 AM
Lol I will stick to jacks or better
Jacks or Better is a better game to play other than DB but it depends on the pay scale. I prefer playing 9/5 or better DDB on a multi-hand/multi-denomination (IGT) machine more than any other because of it having more higher payback possibilities : )

treyster
05-20-2015, 12:13 AM
I've gotten strung out on Joker Poker and Dbl Joker Poker at my local. Still some higher payouts but lower volatility than DDB.

Good luck

seemoreroyals
05-20-2015, 12:20 AM
Jacks or Better is a better game to play other than DB but it depends on the pay scale. I prefer playing 9/5 or better DDB on a multi-hand/multi-denomination (IGT) machine more than any other because of it having more higher payback possibilities : )

That's what I like to play as well. And the multi-hand cuts bad some of the volatility as well

dvandentop
05-20-2015, 12:41 AM
need to get back on doing some play for tahoe so i can play some mutihand. will have some good vp sidekicks around would like to dabble in quarter or dollar denom

Blase
05-20-2015, 02:33 AM

Yes, in DDB the correct strategy is to keep the pair of Aces only. But if you had a pair of twos, threes, or fours, and another pair, the correct strategy is to keep the two pairs and go for full house.

Basically since Aces pay the most (other than RF, of course), you always want to keep aces in any combo to go for the four of a kind.

Blase
05-20-2015, 02:35 AM
That's what I like to play as well. And the multi-hand cuts bad some of the volatility as well

I'm excited to play some DDB with you, James. I'm hoping to find some nickel ten-hand Ultimate X to tear up.

slotbender
05-20-2015, 03:18 AM
I'm excited to play some DDB with you, James. I'm hoping to find some nickel ten-hand Ultimate X to tear up.
I never cared for Ultimate X. It reminds me too much of being like a typical slot machine's game where you lose your payback % edge. If you want to get the best bang for your buck I suggest sticking with an IGT - slant (usually gold cabinet color) 3/5/10 (hand) multi-play/multi-denomination (.25/.50/$1) machine : )

Blase
05-20-2015, 03:24 AM
I never cared for Ultimate X. It reminds me too much of being like a typical slot machine's game where you lose your payback % edge. If you want to get the best bang for your buck I suggest sticking with an IGT - slant (usually gold cabinet color) 3/5/10 (hand) multi-play/multi-denomination (.25/.50/$1) machine : )

Ha ha I was just texting with kjell28 about playing more VP in Tahoe, but said that "I do find that I need the high volatility poker games though to give me a similar rush to playing slots..." So that's why Ult X is for me!

seemoreroyals
05-20-2015, 03:26 AM

I will show you where they are at. There are quite a few at both places.

seemoreroyals
05-20-2015, 03:27 AM
What's the deal with your new avatar Blase?

Blase
05-20-2015, 03:21 PM
What's the deal with your new avatar Blase?

Just a pic of Derek and I at the Bellagio playing the new WWIV. If you're looking at it on a phone it probably doesn't show up too well.

FL Mary
05-20-2015, 09:35 PM
I love video poker and DDB is my game too. On DB, I would have just held the aces and discarded the other pair.