PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to Be So Serious....

tee2green
02-20-2015, 10:42 PM
I know I just registered over here a few days ago & wanted you all to know that if I'm not posting much for a while, it's not because I'm not interested in staying close with my old friends and making new friendships with all the people here I'd like to develop new friendships with......it's just been a tough 1/2 a week for me.

A dear friend of mine just lost her daughter on Wed. This friend and I are very close and her daughter was only 30 yrs old. She was about to be married in just 70 days, her bridal shower was to be just a few weeks from now. She has a 10 yr old daughter. As deeply as it hurts to have lost her, the circumstances of her death are the most heartbreaking. She and her fiance were arguing and she threatened to take her life. She had a gun and it went off. She died instantly and even trying to tell ourselves that it was a terrible accident instead of an intentional act on her part has not eased the pain we are feeling. Her fiance is beside himself with guilt and grief and it happened at the business that he owns.

I'm so sorry if this is inappropriate and ask Ken to take it down if it is, somehow typing the words has helped me. My heart aches so much for my friend and her family right now. As cliche as it sounds, please tell the people in your life how much you care about them every day. Watch for the warning signs of depression and do what you can to get them the help they need. This has changed me forever & I've made a promise to myself that her memory will only make me a better person. Thanks for letting me vent.:concern:

Ida

Borgatadd
02-20-2015, 10:55 PM
No apologizes necessary. I can't imagine how awful it is for the husband to be and the families. My thoughts and prays go out to your friend and the family. Big hug goes out to you...stay strong.

foamy
02-20-2015, 10:56 PM
That is terrible Ida so sad for the family and I don't even know what to tell you they always say there's some good in something but sometimes it's hard to find

RiverSong
02-20-2015, 10:59 PM
How terribly sad, so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and her family. Thank you for sharing.

Vegas Dice
02-20-2015, 11:09 PM
Yes, this is terribly sad. Sending prayers for the family

Laurie
02-20-2015, 11:37 PM
So sorry. Thinking of you, your friend and her family during this difficult time. (Hugs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mauretania
02-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Ida, how awful:( I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter - thoughts and prayers going your way.

seemoreroyals
02-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Ida I am so sorry to hear of such a sad situation in your life. Sometimes things happen in life that make absolutely no sense. We are all here for you in your time of grieving for your dear friend in the loss of her daughter. I am glad it makes you feel better sharing this with all of your many friends over here.

sassycat
02-20-2015, 11:56 PM
Ida I am so sorry to hear of such a sad situation in your life. Sometimes things happen in life that make absolutely no sense. We are all here for you in your time of grieving for your dear friend in the loss of her daughter. I am glad it makes you feel better sharing this with all of your many friends over here.

Agree with my DH. It is a good reminder that you give us and your friend will need your support and your kindness in the times ahead.

zeus
02-20-2015, 11:56 PM
Oh Sweetie, this is so heartbreaking. I am sorry that your friend is going through this. I cannot imagine how devastating it is for the family, and especially her young daughter. I know that you are very loving and caring person and will be there for your friend. And you being there is exactly what she needs. Prayers being sent to the family and a big hug is being sent to you.

Skyler
02-21-2015, 12:15 AM
Wow, this is unbelievable. Im so sorry for your friend and her granddaughter. Im sorry for everyone involved. I know you will all help one another get through this the best you can. I'm so sorry...

Nhcris
02-21-2015, 12:23 AM
I am so, so sorry to hear this terribly tragic story. I don't know how one ever comes to terms with such a tragedy, but I wish you and all of her family the very best and hope you all can find peace in time. May she rest in peace.

Slymustanglady
02-21-2015, 12:28 AM
Very sorry for Your loss. And everyone else. You just never know when your life will change forever. My she RIP.

Stephiede11
02-21-2015, 12:43 AM
Ida, so sorry to hear this very sad news. Prayers for you and your friend's family. I hope you all can remember the good times you all shared with her.

twinslotaddicts
02-21-2015, 12:50 AM
Oh goodness such a terrible tragedy, I'm so very sorry Ida. Depression is a very serious thing and I guess some people just don't see any other way out of it. Please accept my sincere sympathy to you and your dear friend and her family.

A year ago a cousin took his own life in his garage with a gun and his 19 year old daughter was the one that found him. Apparently he had been suffering from depression for years but much of the family never even knew.

hugs, Ang

Gypsy
02-21-2015, 12:52 AM
I don't even know what to say! I am so sorry for everyone involved in this horrible tragedy! My heart and prayers go out to your friend and her family. So sorry.

Mimi
02-21-2015, 01:06 AM
Ida I am so sorry to hear about this. Such a terrible tragedy that your friend is having to go though, however you are such a sweet caring person that your friend has someone like you to lean on. Take all the time you need to comfort and support your friend and we will be here if you need us or when your ready to return. Prayers and Hugs to you and your friends family.

Jen Jen
02-21-2015, 01:20 AM
Feeling very sad for you and your friend. So sorry that terrible incident happened. My thoughts are with you and your friend during this sad time. Hugs to you.

Darlene
02-21-2015, 01:21 AM
What a tragedy for all involved. If posting on the forum has offered you some relief, then there is no need to apologize. My condolences.

goldengreeke
02-21-2015, 03:39 AM
Ida, you have such a friendly and positive personality, that it brakes my heart to see you so sad.
Time heals most wounds and I hope it will in this tragedy also. My thoughts are with you.

dvandentop
02-21-2015, 03:45 AM
Wow that is so horrible to hear. I cant offer much advice but to be there for your friend in this time of need.

Cyndyga
02-21-2015, 04:24 AM
So sorry to hear that. It is very sad. Sending prayers for all of you. I had a eerily similar situation a year ago with my friend at work and her daughter ...

clemi
02-21-2015, 04:31 AM
I'm so very sorry tee, my heart goes out to your friend, her family and you... so very sad.

hlaburg
02-21-2015, 06:58 AM
Condolences to you and your friend. I can't imagine what the both of are going through. Hang in there!

nighthawk66
02-21-2015, 10:43 AM
So sad to hear this. Sending prayers

Jeani
02-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Ida sorry to hear the sad news of your friends daughter. Prayers to her family and to you to help you all get through this sad time.

BorgataBabe
02-21-2015, 12:37 PM
tee2green, I am so sorry for you and your friend's loss. I will keep you all in my prayers and pray that her family will eventually be able to heal from this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UTtoyfan
02-21-2015, 06:28 PM
Oh no Ida, my heart goes out to you and your friend's family.

Blase
02-22-2015, 03:34 AM
I'm so sorry Ida. This is just too sad. Guns in the home scare me. I will never have one in the house.

tee2green
02-22-2015, 11:32 AM
Thank you all for the support. The viewing is today & the funeral tomorrow & it will only get more difficult for her when all is quiet again & she is alone with her thoughts. It's a special group of people here, thank you for allowing me to express my grief.

emmas
02-22-2015, 12:02 PM
Ida, so sorry you and your friend are going through this. Such an awful tragedy. My condolences during this time of grief.

QueenB
02-22-2015, 08:02 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. It's difficult to make sense of something so senseless. You are a good friend, and your friend will need you in the coming months-when the services are done and everyone has "gone back to their lives". That's when it will really hit. Best of luck to you, your friend, and her family.

Penguin
02-22-2015, 08:43 PM
So sorry to hear this. You are right in that the worst is yet to come for the mother. Have gone through this with my sister and her daughter. Keep giving support. She will need it for along time. Always wondering "what if I'd.......?" Same for the fiance. Her daughter will need lots of special love. Tragedy.

Suze1000
02-23-2015, 11:29 PM
Ida, words cannot even begin to express the sadness I feel for you, and all those involved. You will remain in my thoughts. Hugs.

Evoni
02-25-2015, 03:12 AM
I'm so sorry and saddened to hear about this tragedy. My condolences to you, her family and friends.

twinslotaddicts
02-27-2015, 08:01 AM
Ida - How is your friend and the family doing? I can't imagine dealing with such a tragedy, hugs to you all.

Ang

nhmajik
02-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Awww this is so very sad, sorry to hear what you and your friend are going through. It is wonderful that she has a friend like you to help her through these really tough times.

QHLover
02-28-2015, 01:03 AM
Ida, I'm so sorry to hear this. Very sad situation prayers to you and your friend. A heart felt hug to you honey!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jenfol2000
02-28-2015, 08:41 AM
I wish I had words that could make things better. I am so sorry, Ida. Her poor family. Especially the 10 year old. Last fall I went to the service for my friend's 13 year old son that had taken his own life. The minister said something that will always stick with me...Do not let a final act if desperation define a life.
God bless you and all of the many others that are hurting.

declansgigi
02-28-2015, 02:07 PM
Ida, I am sorry for your friends loss. It is difficult enough to loss a loved one, but when the circumstances, involve self infliction, it is devastating. I have lost a brother, 2 cousins, and an uncle, so I know first hand. Just be with them, love and reassure them, and they will come through.

tee2green
03-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Well guys, just have to say again how special you all are. I've touched base with my friend a few times since the funeral last Monday (that was a really emotional day) and she thankfully seems to be relying on her faith for strength. Hoping to meet up with her for lunch Sunday to see in person how she's dealing with things. On top of all that, work has been a bitch this past week & almost our entire office, including me, has come down with a serious respiratory bug. But........I'm in need of some good company & a few laughs & I am ready to catch up on everything you all have been up to. You really are a bunch of good peeps :)

zeus
03-02-2015, 09:41 PM
Hi, Ida!!! It is so good to hear from you. You have been on my mind so much recently. It is good to hear you friend is doing okay, but I know that you were a rock for her when she needed it. Hate to hear that you are sick. Sending you the biggest hug I can! :hug:

For a good laugh that will heal anything, be sure to follow our friends in KC. It is a hoot and a half!

Take care, sweetie!

twinslotaddicts
03-03-2015, 06:50 AM
I've been thinking about you and this terrible situation, so glad you get to see your friend this weekend and sorry you're all sick. There sure has been some nasty cold bugs going around this year. Hope you're feeling much better very soon.

Ang

slotjunkie
03-09-2015, 03:30 PM
This is heartbreaking on so many levels. My heartfelt prayers to you and all that are affected by this tragedy. There is absolutely no need to apologize for putting your pain out there; if I have learned anything from my "slot friends", it is that we will always be there for someone in their time of need, whether it be a pat on the back, a comforting word, or a quiet moment of reflection for what we are all blessed with. The people on this forum are the kindest you will ever find; I am new here on this forum, but I recognize the transfers from SF and I can say with all confidence that if anyone needs any kind of emotional support - you will find it here.

BonAppetit
03-13-2015, 07:11 AM
Ida I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words to describe such a tragedy and the aftermath. My heart goes out to you and your friend. I will have them in my prayers.
Xoxoxo Lilian

twinslotaddicts
03-13-2015, 07:22 AM
I hope work has been better and your cold/flu bug is much improved. Did you meet your friend for lunch and how's everyone doing?

Ang

tee2green
03-13-2015, 09:23 AM
Hi Ang. I am feeling much better, thank you. My friend backed out of the lunch, but because last Sunday would have been the day of her daughter's shower, I can understand that she wanted to spend it with her family. She hasn't been answering my texts but I still send one every so often just to let her know I'm there if she needs me. I'm confident we'll connect when she's ready.

twinslotaddicts
03-13-2015, 09:32 AM
Hi Ang. I am feeling much better, thank you. My friend backed out of the lunch, but because last Sunday would have been the day of her daughter's shower, I can understand that she wanted to spend it with her family. She hasn't been answering my texts but I still send one every so often just to let her know I'm there if she needs me. I'm confident we'll connect when she's ready.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I can't even imagine dealing with so etching like that so I'm sure your poor friend just needs time to begin to heal and cope. I hope the family is getting some kind of professional help as well, it certainly could only help. You take care.

Ang