PDA

View Full Version : Specialty slots???

Jen Jen
07-03-2015, 10:16 PM
I'm clueless when it comes to what is a special slot and not so special slot. Please list some examples of "specialty slots," vs. "normal slots." Thank you!

MNvegasgal
07-03-2015, 10:19 PM
I think Specialty slots are those that are Branded.. like Sex and the City, Hangover, Bridesmaids, Friends, and the other Movie type like Batman, Ironman, etc. I'm sure there are others.. but if they are a trademark symbol or someone gets royalties.. then it is most like considered "Specialty"

Jen Jen
07-03-2015, 11:17 PM
I think Specialty slots are those that are Branded.. like Sex and the City, Hangover, Bridesmaids, Friends, and the other Movie type like Batman, Ironman, etc. I'm sure there are others.. but if they are a trademark symbol or someone gets royalties.. then it is most like considered "Specialty"

Thanks! I've been hearing these slots are not good to play when you're trying to earn points.

Pat
07-03-2015, 11:30 PM
I've never really had any good luck on those speciality slots. The most I believe was 300 on Walking Dead, and it never happened again. It was right after they came out. I try to stay away from them all.

MNvegasgal
07-03-2015, 11:39 PM
with M life - it takes $10.00 to earn a point on specialty slots.. but $3.00 in normal slots to earn a point.. big difference.

DK528
07-04-2015, 03:00 AM
@JenJen also ones like buffalo stampede and 88 fortunes and wonder 4 jackpots are considered specialty ... at least at Aria. So it's not only leased/themed ones in my experience. I think even buffalo deluxe at MGM was considered specialty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen Jen
07-04-2015, 04:27 AM
I'm going to be in Vegas next week and want to work up my points for future comps. Just don't want to waste my time on those specialty slot. I'm addicted to wonder 4 so I might have a problem there.

tee2green
07-04-2015, 10:47 AM
Good luck in Vegas Jen Jen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DK528
07-04-2015, 01:21 PM
I'm going to be in Vegas next week and want to work up my points for future comps. Just don't want to waste my time on those specialty slot. I'm addicted to wonder 4 so I might have a problem there.

I think the regular wonder 4 is fine. Just the WW2/Ms Kitty/Buffalo Deluxe one with the jackpots is considered specialty.

Have so much fun!!

Jen Jen
07-04-2015, 03:47 PM
I think the regular wonder 4 is fine. Just the WW2/Ms Kitty/Buffalo Deluxe one with the jackpots is considered specialty.

Have so much fun!!

Thanks for clarifying. I normally stay away from the new wonder 4 jackpots, so that shouldn't be a problem.

goldengreeke
07-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Good luck Jen and most of all, have fun!! :)

Jen Jen
07-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Good luck Jen and most of all, have fun!! :)

Yeah, I mostly have fun and no good luck...HHH!

SoCalRob
07-04-2015, 07:22 PM
I would not play specialty slots at MLife unless you have a major bankroll. Otherwise accumulating points is NOT easy based on my last night's play. I'm sad I'll be missing you!!!! :(

Nhcris
07-05-2015, 12:00 AM
Jen Jen, it's pretty much just MLife where this is an issue as far as I know. It's the main reason that I gave up MLife a couple years ago. CET and all the others that I can think of give the same points for all slots (although Grazie is a bit of a mystery it hasn't been a problem for me). Video Poker of course, is a whole different story.

See you soon!

Jen Jen
07-05-2015, 04:37 AM
Jen Jen, it's pretty much just MLife where this is an issue as far as I know. It's the main reason that I gave up MLife a couple years ago. CET and all the others that I can think of give the same points for all slots (although Grazie is a bit of a mystery it hasn't been a problem for me). Video Poker of course, is a whole different story.

See you soon!
I was wondering about the CET properties, too. Yes, I can't wait to see you and the other gals.

camon
07-07-2015, 07:35 AM
I think titan 360 and coin pusher are considered specialty slots too (the progressive ones that have a special bonus round for a chance at the jackpot).

SoCalRob
07-07-2015, 08:33 AM
As far as CET is concerned... Specialty slots do not exist. Same with Grazie. MLife is the only one who does this and I think it was Evoni who pointed out that you actually earn less tier points at CET than you do MLife. MLife you spend ten dollars(coin in) you get 1 "HGS point(base point) . I think it's called) but ten tier credits. I noticed this when I was playing this weekend. That although the session points were low. My tier score was jumping way up. CET you put $10 coin in and you're only earning two Tier Credits and 2 Reward Credits.

SoCalRob
07-07-2015, 08:35 AM
I thought MLife was ripping me off till I read more carefully and understood better that their earning is a lot quicker tier wise than CET. Reward credit wise not so much. My personal opinion Grazie gives you the most for your money.

SoCalRob
07-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Based on what I saw in Vegas Jen Jen all the specialty slots are now labeled as such. They will state $10 for every 1 point. Again that means base point not tier credit. So tier credits are earned on a 1:1 ratio.

oldslotguy
07-07-2015, 01:11 PM
At our local Souring Eagle, you earn comp $s much faster than 'points' which can be used for FP, and they have some progressives where you can't use your FP.

Basis for their points is .50c = 1 point.

Jen Jen
07-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. Like everyone else I want to get the best comps for my money.