User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm cruisin in March 1st time

I'm cruisin in March 1st time

Just booked NCL Jade March 13-20 leaving Galveston and touring around Cozumel, Belize and Honduras with GF.

I booked a mid ship oceanview we are excited to switch it up from our usual sabatical to Vegas and to have vacation with no kids....

Our taxes and insurance etc. Came to $750 US for the two of us need to book flights still into Houston and figure out best way to get to Galveston from Houston..

We have the unlimited drink package included and plan to go to 2-3 specialty restaurants.

Has anyone done this cruise? Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers

B

I have done those Ports on NCL Spirit out of NOLA. We had a great time. We snorkeled in the am in Cozumel and then went to lunch and walked/shopped. I always feel very safe in Cozumel. In Belize we did the cave tube excursion and in Honduras we did an all inclusive beach day. Let me know if you have any other questions, although I was not on the Jade.

Great choice! I haven't been on the Jade as she has been in Europe for the past several years, but I have been on her sister the Jewel a number of times. She is one of my very favorite ships! Cozumel is a wonderful port with great snorkeling and lovely beaches, and a neat downtown area for shopping. The fish tacos that I dream about are there at Panchos Backyard in the heart of Downtown. In Belize I would recommend an excursion, either through the ship or through a reputable tour company. Some of the best snorkeling and diving in the world is in Belize, but Belize City is pretty rough. We did a private excursion there snorkeling with sting rays and sharks and visited Cay Caulker and it was amazing. Is the Honduras stop in Roatan?

For specialty restaurants onboard, I prefer Le Bistro. The filet mignon in there is actually better than Cagney's in my opinion Cagney's is also good, and if you don't get Teppanyaki at home the Japanese restaurant is lots of fun. I think the Chinese restaurant is one of the included ones now.

You are in for a real treat!

Oops - dupe

My sister and I flew into Houston and out of Galveston. The taxi back & forth was the easiest for us its a flat rate usually about 95 one way last May

17 days to go. Looking forward to this vacation.

We have 2 excursions booked

Belize -Swim with the Rays and Nurse sharks

Honduras-Catamaran and snorkel adventure.

Cozumel is open but we will most likely end up on a beach and do some souvenir shopping

We have Teppanaki, Cagneys and Le Bistro.

I have been on a gambling hiatus and have been building bankroll and paying down as much debt as possible. Going with $3k and planning on playing some craps, slots, poker and 3 card.

I will update when I get back.

Cheers
    B

Sounds like a great trip, BM. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    17 days to go. Looking forward to this vacation.

We have 2 excursions booked

Belize -Swim with the Rays and Nurse sharks

Honduras-Catamaran and snorkel adventure.

Cozumel is open but we will most likely end up on a beach and do some souvenir shopping

We have Teppanaki, Cagneys and Le Bistro.

I have been on a gambling hiatus and have been building bankroll and paying down as much debt as possible. Going with $3k and planning on playing some craps, slots, poker and 3 card.

I will update when I get back.

Cheers
    B
    You have some exciting things planned for sure. I can't wait to hear how you like those excursions as I thoroughly enjoyed both!

My favorite fish tacos in the world are in Cozumel. If you finish up at the beach early and are hungry, Panchos Backyard http://www.panchosbackyard.com has one location downtown and another at the Pier that I think NCL uses. Their margaritas aren't bad either!

Have a fabulous trip and I will wave from my ship as we will be cruising down that way starting on March 18th!

Have a great cruise! I just got off the Escape and ate at Teppanyaki twice. Someone at are table ordered doubled lobster and they did it for everyone no extra charge, so check it out if you are hungry!

It sounds like you have some fun excursions planned Bic Mac! I look forward to your trip report when you get back.