I'm toying with the idea of a Vegas trip in August after a very busy July in terms of work (and only have taken three vacation days so far this year!) and would love suggestions/thoughts about some hotel ideas I'm toying with.

1. I was invited to a Wynn slot tournament (8/10-8/11; $25k). Has anyone participated in one and can share their experiences? I've never done a slot tourney other than a quick spin one at Borgata while I've been down there. I think I'd get two free nights (Monday and Tuesday) and no FP/resort credit. Otherwise, I have a 3 free nights/$300 FP offer that I could use for Sunday-Wednesday at Wynn that I would probably use.

2. I've never been in August -- is it really too hot to take advantage of the pool for more than an hour a day or so? I would maybe book Mandarin Oriental for either Friday-Sunday or Friday-Monday but not if it's too hot to spend some quality time at the pool. Otherwise, Aria is booked for that weekend so I can't use a comp offer so I'd either see if I can go to Cosmo or possibly branch out and try a new place

Thanks!