User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So this is where everyone went...

Hi Billy & Moyra....welcome! I'm a Whovian and decided to use RiverSong on JWE....I'm really Cassie. So glad to see your posts. Enjoy your travels and I do hope you get to move here.....however Scotland seems like a great place to live.

Hi Billy & Moyra!

Welcome to JWE forum. How soon do you plan to get moved here permanently? Since you like hiking and the outdoors you may want to consider the Reno / Tahoe area if it is not too late to be in the running. In any event, look forward to hearing about your Summer trip.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

:welcome: Glad you are here!!

welcome welcome!! This is definitely a great place

Welcome to Jokers, so incredibly glad you made it over!!!!

Ang

Quote Originally Posted by RiverSong View Post
    Hi Billy & Moyra....welcome! I'm a Whovian and decided to use RiverSong on JWE....I'm really Cassie. So glad to see your posts. Enjoy your travels and I do hope you get to move here.....however Scotland seems like a great place to live.
    Hi Cassie,

As soon as possible but, logistically, more than likely a couple of years from now. Scotland is a great place to be from and, being Scottish, we get all the recognition of the UK without the inherent antipathy toward the English. The climate is fairly rubbish though and, friends and family aside, we have no firm ties to the UK with regard pets, kids or anything of that sort. Moyra isn't particularly enjoying her job at the moment and I can do a lot of what I do from the far side of the moon as I've got good people running my businesses back home. We wouldn't sell any of the houses as those will provide a rental income for us to ensure we don't need to do anything outlandish if and when we get here (thoug we're firmly not allowed to retire say the immigration lawyers we've spoken to).

Cheers,

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by seemoreroyals View Post
    Welcome to JWE forum. How soon do you plan to get moved here permanently? Since you like hiking and the outdoors you may want to consider the Reno / Tahoe area if it is not too late to be in the running. In any event, look forward to hearing about your Summer trip.
    Thanks Seemoreroyals,

We visited those areas last year and, whilst nice to visit, we weren't grabbed by them massively. Our initial intent was to move to the outskirts of Vegas (that is still in the running) but Arizona, with the year-round climate it has and the proximity to Vegas was the logical place for us to start looking in detail. Thus far, it hasn't disappointed.

Cheers,

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnvegas View Post
    Thanks Seemoreroyals,

We visited those areas last year and, whilst nice to visit, we weren't grabbed by them massively. Our initial intent was to move to the outskirts of Vegas (that is still in the running) but Arizona, with the year-round climate it has and the proximity to Vegas was the logical place for us to start looking in detail. Thus far, it hasn't disappointed.

Cheers,

Billy
    My favorite part of Arizona We have visited is the Sedona Flagstaff area. We like Laughlin Bullhead City as well but in the Summer it is way to hot there. I am surprised you did not like the Tahoe area. Good luck to you regardless of where you decide to move to.