User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The most expensive cocktail in Vegasland

Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    Ladies, I am loving this thread! Thank you all so much, so many drinks, so little time! Clearly our livers will get quite the workout in April! @boots, my DH is quite the at home gardener and mixologist and seeing your cocktail with thyme makes me long for fresh summer herbs to make drinks with!
    @CTslotters Yes! I absolutely love playing with fresh ingredients that are in season. Right now we're getting some gorgeous citrus -- so the other night I made a Mr. Potato Head* of a Mai-Tai with some fresh-squeezed blood orange juice added. I'm calling it a "Blood Tie."

* Mr. Potato Head: a bartender term for swapping out (or adding) one or more ingredients to an established recipe to create a new drink. Probably the easiest way to come up with something new but still palatable!

Here's a photo of the Blood Tie:

Attachment 689

(That's a Luxardo cherry in it, not an olive!)

Boots, yum on the Blood Tie! Luxardo cherries are the only ones I will eat out of a drink since they don't have any preservative agents. Of course that means I never do in Vegas since I'm doubtful most of the bars use the Luxardo Cherries in their drinks.
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    Here's a photo of the Blood Tie:

Attachment 689

(That's a Luxardo cherry in it, not an olive!)
    That drink looks lovely! Nice Mr. Potato Head!

The purple straw is a nice touch