User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Thanks for the memories I stayed there 1 time with a buddy. Who the front desk actually always rememberd by last name. Gee think he went to vegas much HHH
    It was the same type of room and I remember him giving me so much crap for wanting to try out that great bath tub and soaking salts..

Been 4-5 years but would like to visit again to check out pool area etc.. Supposedly a real good cafe as well by the pool

also have been meaning to hit up the bar for the good view about 3-4 times but damn slots aways get in the way.
    Let us know if you go back there! BTW about remembering your name, yeah, they do that. IDK if they use spy cams in the downstairs foyer or have the doormen on the case or what, but they ALWAYS know and use your name -- even if you've just gone out for a few hours, let alone if you're on a return visit. It's a little unnerving, and all very Jeeves.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverSong View Post
    Thank you for this review! I absolutely love the room service delivery and staying in comfort and serenity. I always travel with a scented candle to help me along the way
    @RiverSong me too -- have a travel candle in a little tin that lives in my suitcase!

Quote Originally Posted by seemoreroyals View Post
    Great review Boots. The public relations people need to hire you to go to work for them. At the very least they should let you stay for free next time for providing such an amazing synopsis of the experience there.
    @seemoreroyals aw shucks! I just love the fancy when it comes to hotels. They're my biggest vice (even more than slots)!

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2spin View Post
    I really enjoyed your report of the Mandarin, Boots, thanks for posting it and all the pictures! Have stayed at the MO in Manhattan and have to agree with you, the place exudes luxury and pampering. Sure wish I could stay at them more often
    @Luv2spin, absolutely! I can only imagine how nice the NYC MO must be. My lovely spouse stayed at the London MO once, and said it was luxurious but a little fusty. I hear the ones in Singapore and Shanghai are incredible!

@boots I especially like the way they do room service. I agree with you. First thing in the morning or late at night I do not like do be bothered in the room. What a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    Let us know if you go back there! BTW about remembering your name, yeah, they do that. IDK if they use spy cams in the downstairs foyer or have the doormen on the case or what, but they ALWAYS know and use your name -- even if you've just gone out for a few hours, let alone if you're on a return visit. It's a little unnerving, and all very Jeeves.
    Lol prob would be cheaper to stay here for me then play for comps i am sure ya can understand lol.

Wonder if any way to get room discounts through any property? I am guessing not since mo is a seperate owned company.

Clemi was going to have a great room deal a couple years ago for amex card holders. Otherwise i never see specials for mo. I am guessing monica m could give us a little insight on mo.

Also yes i love the room service here rather then the somewhat awkward rolling cart into the room and setting it up lol from the warmer underneath table.

The mandarin in miami is always highly ranked back when samantha brown used to on travel channel.

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much for the review. I've often thought about staying at MO in Las Vegas. A friend and I had afternoon tea there a couple years ago, and when we inquired about the spa, we were sent there for a tour. Just that brief experience was pretty special. We had the champagne afternoon tea and it was pricey, but the surroundings were fabulous and you couldn't beat the service. I love scones and they brought us extras to enjoy. I've enjoyed afternoon tea in several places, and the MO's tea could only be compared to the tea at the Dorchester Hotel in London. The Dorchester's tea is still the best, but MO is probably the second best I've had.

I have been there for the tea and to the Mandarin bar..first class all the way!!!..Boots..maybe we should do an ECC there in April!!!

Thanks for the detailed report Boots! I have always wanted to stay at MO Vegas since it's the cheapest MO to stay at and I love fancy hotels. I have stayed at the Four Seasons Vegas before and really liked it as the service, room and quietness felt like I wasn't in Vegas.

I totally hear you on the free room comps at various nice properties on the strip, they aren't really free.