User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    My manager and his wife went last summer and stayed at the MO. He got a ridiculously low price of $159 per night. His wife is accustomed to nice places and he said she absolutely loved it. Thanks so much for all of the pics.
    That is a crazy good rate! The main thing I feel like I get from a really great hotel (however I "pay" for it) is an unmatchable sense of ease and relaxation. If you're detail-obsessed like me, it's actually a little stressful to notice things that aren't quite right, much less ask for them to be fixed. Especially when I'm trying to enjoy myself and have a break from ordinary life. At a place like MO, I feel like I can abandon myself to the experience more fully, and trust that they'll do things as close to perfectly as possible. THAT is what I'm paying for more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by clemi View Post
    @boots, wonderful review of MO, I so want to stay there now. Loved the room service presentation
    Thanks @clemi! I think you should, especially since your other planned stay didn't pan out. You'd love it! BTW the MO website claims to have the lowest rates available anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    @hlaburg my pleasure! Glad you enjoyed Four Seasons; it's on "the list" for me as well. I don't know what I'll do once I run out of high-end Vegas hotels to check out. Probably they'll have built new ones by then.

Will you be in Vegas for the April fun and games? Would love to finally cross paths after all this time.
    I'm hoping that hiaburg (Leah) will join us for some fun at G2E this year. You two missed meeting last year because she left the day you arrived.
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:

@Mauretania, any chance you want to tell us about your afternoon tea experience at MO? I'd love to hear!
    I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of the Afternoon Tea. It was during the 2012 April M&G. I remember it was very good with a lovely view from the 23rd floor.
    I still need to try Afternoon Tea at the Four Seasons/Mandalay Bay which is only served Mon - Thur between 3 - 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Lol prob would be cheaper to stay here for me then play for comps i am sure ya can understand lol.

Wonder if any way to get room discounts through any property? I am guessing not since mo is a seperate owned company.

Clemi was going to have a great room deal a couple years ago for amex card holders. Otherwise i never see specials for mo. I am guessing monica m could give us a little insight on mo.

Also yes i love the room service here rather then the somewhat awkward rolling cart into the room and setting it up lol from the warmer underneath table.
    MO in Las Vegas typically offer the lowest rates within their chain - a very good deal in itself. You may see discounts through Amex or high-level Visa/MC and sometimes a AAA discount.

That is a crazy good rate! The main thing I feel like I get from a really great hotel (however I "pay" for it) is an unmatchable sense of ease and relaxation. If you're detail-obsessed like me, it's actually a little stressful to notice things that aren't quite right, much less ask for them to be fixed. Especially when I'm trying to enjoy myself and have a break from ordinary life. At a place like MO, I feel like I can abandon myself to the experience more fully, and trust that they'll do things as close to perfectly as possible. THAT is what I'm paying for more than anything.
    I agree Boots! I love a great hotel too. I don't really like "boutique" hotels, especially the "edgy" ones (where all the staff where head-sets - geesh!). I also love historic hotels. I stayed in one of the four
    suites at the El Tovar at the Grand Canyon, many years ago. The only MO I've stayed at was the one in SFO. It was nice to have a bath with a view of the bay lol

Boots, your writing is so enthralling I believe I would enjoy a review of the sewer system if you wrote it!

I waited to look at the photos until the very end because you had painted such a beautiful picture in my mind. I believe I must experience this for myself at some point :nod:

We definitely need to put this on the list for the tea ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by Mauretania View Post
    I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of the Afternoon Tea. It was during the 2012 April M&G. I remember it was very good with a lovely view from the 23rd floor.
    I still need to try Afternoon Tea at the Four Seasons/Mandalay Bay which is only served Mon - Thur between 3 - 4pm.
    Wow, that is one narrow tea window at FS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Boots, your writing is so enthralling I believe I would enjoy a review of the sewer system if you wrote it!

I waited to look at the photos until the very end because you had painted such a beautiful picture in my mind. I believe I must experience this for myself at some point :nod:

We definitely need to put this on the list for the tea ladies!
    @Nhcris, *blush* thanks! Next up: The super-sparkly sewers of Las Vegas!

And yes on the tea! if not this time, then next time. With all the fun that's planned in April, seems like everyone's dance cards are filling up.

Love all the responses to this thread!

One of these days I hope to set foot inside MO, preferably as a hotel guest but I'm game for any group event for Tea or cocktails!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk