User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Money you missed by not betting max

Money you missed by not betting max

You know that feeling you get when you have a nice hit but you did not max bet.
    I was thinking we could share the times when we missed out cause our bet was too small. About 15 years ago I was playing a video quarter game with a spaceship theme. It was 9 quarter max but I was only betting 3. I hit the best thing possible but it paid 1800 quarters but if I had bet the 9 it would have paid 10,000 quarters.
    Around 2008 I hit 8 QH on a progressive machine. Same problem I only bet $1 which paid 1000X for $1000. I would have won $3300+ if I would have bet the $2 max.

A few months ago at HoChunk I won $1030 on a 80c bet. Had I played the $3.20 max I would have won $4120.
    Some people say it probably would not hit the same outcome at higher bet.
    Here is the winning video that some of you saw before.
    What horror stories can you share ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a Joker, a Nonsmoker, & a former Midnight Toker.... Steve Miller Band

I try not to look at it that way. Playing Platinum Quick Hits I snagged the 5 Platinum symbols playing minimum bet of 60 cents. I won $3000 which pleased me immensely. If I had been betting max bet of $3 I would have been out of money and would have won nothing. $15,000 would have been lovely but I know it was never meant to be.

I look at it also as it would have been a different outcome, different RNG. I will say, "I wish I had bet max" every time- like in my post from today about my $720 hit on a $1 bet on reels- had been betting $2 often, would have been a nice HP. I don't let myself get upset over it though now, but used to.

You know how you bet max for an extended amount of spins then you lower your bet and presto the money shot happens. One of these days it's gonna hit for me on max bet.

The joy of hindsight...

A win is a win in my books and managing bankroll is key to having fun, swinging for the fences causes a lot of strikeouts...

I am a low roller. If I bet max, I would get about 20 spins, and I would be done for the day.

Blog Entries
    The only time I bet max penny is on an old Aristo machine that is getting hot.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

No it is better to enjoy the win you do get. I try not to think of what ifs

On my first big jackpot, back in 2007 when I first started playing high limit machines, I bet only 1 coin on a $5 machine and won $6000. To this day, every time I see this guy, Terry, he always rubs it in that if I had bet max, $15, the jackpot would have been $25,000!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kimsa70 View Post
    On my first big jackpot, back in 2007 when I first started playing high limit machines, I bet only 1 coin on a $5 machine and won $6000. To this day, every time I see this guy, Terry, he always rubs it in that if I had bet max, $15, the jackpot would have been $25,000!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    At last someone shared a story thanks Kim hope you land the big jackpot soon.