User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Seemoreroyals and Sassycat's Alaskan Cruise

Awesome report and pix - thanks!
    "There is a tide in the affairs of men. . . On such a full sea are we now afloat." - Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

You have the picture posting perfect. I have never been to Alaska it looks like a great state to visit.

Looks like a wonderful trip. We need a Joker's cruise.

What a fantastic TR so far, Alaska does look beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I wanted a time out, I would go back to kindergarten.

Great TR and pictures - thanks

Great report and pictures! It brought back memories of my Alaskan cruise a couple of years ago.

Loving the trip report and pictures!!! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to the rest of your trip

Seemoreroyals and Sassycat's Alaskan Cruise

Day 5 September 9th Skagway 7:00 - 5:00. I think we saved our favorite of the three main port stops for last. I think all 4 of us liked it the most although Ketchican, Juneau, and Skagway each have there own unique beauty to take in. Since we were doing our cruise in September the weather was a little on the cool side but it was also evidently the peak time for fall foliage in Skagway. I don't think I have ever seen as many bright yellow leaves anywhere. We rented a 4 door 4wd Jeep Wranger. The drive we were taking goes almost the same track as the train that Skagway is famous for. We had did the train on our only other visit many years ago and we liked the Jeep option much better because we were able get out and walk around and stop and start at our convenience. Since I was driving and I had an issue with the camera on my phone being full, most of the pictures here will be courtesy of Sassycat.

We decided to do a trip into the Yukon territory past Carcross and up to Emerald Lake. It was altogether a little over 5 hours roundtrip but we had plenty of time since we had a lengthy port day. We picked up our Jeep and headed out. We were warned ahead of time that there was only 1 place along the way to stop and use the restroom. What they didn't tell us was that it was $1 each to use it. Sassy has a picture of the sign when we get to her pictures. After leaving Skagway we hit a foggy stretch that seemed to last for ever but we finally got through it and made it into Yukon Territory. We returned to Skagway with plenty of time left for the girls to go shopping. I hope you enjoy our pictures and I will be back later with a recap of our comomg up day at sea and our evening at Victoria.

Here is a picture of our Jeep
    Some more pics

Here is a pic of Emerald Lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your pictures are just amazingly breathtaking!!!! It just solidifies my desire to want to go to Alaska. So gorgeous and I'm so glad you two were able to share this with us.