Thread: Seemoreroyals and Sassycat's Alaskan Cruise

A pic of the pay toilet area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then the free outdoor toilet areas

A store near our rent car place

Blog Entries
    Hey guys, this is a great report!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Skagway is my favorite though like you say Juneau and Ketchikan are also worthwhile. I did that Skagway tour twice already but with a tour company.

I would do it again.

Thanks for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by SlotPlayer View Post
    Skagway is my favorite though like you say Juneau and Ketchikan are also worthwhile. I did that Skagway tour twice already but with a tour company.

I would do it again.

Thanks for the report!
    We really liked Skagway. The only other time we were there, almost 20 years ago, we did the train but I think the jeep gave us more flexibility. We turned around at Emerald Lake but I guess we good of kept going further in to Yukon territory. That was where they recommended. Also went through Dyea on the way back. We saw some sea otters and tried to take pictures but I guess they did not come out.

That looks so good I wouldn't have got back on the boat. hhh

Seemoreroyals and Sassycat's Alaskan Cruise

Day 6 September 10th Day at Sea. So after three consecutive days of getting to port at 7am we finally get to sleep in. Or so we thought. We were awakened and kept up for at least an hour in the middle of the night by noise and racket next to us were they were loading or unloading somebody or something from the ship. I banged on the wall and they would stop for a little bit and then it would start again. We finally got back to sleep and got some rest. We would need it as once we got up and about and met our friends for a late breakfast we made plans for some extensive drinking. Not only were we at sea, but we would not get to our next port Victoria until 5pm the following day so there was really nothing to hold us back. So that is pretty much what we did all day. And reflected on what a great time we were having and how fast it had gone by. We still found time to eat and we went to the main show that night but mainly we drank. The last picture of the towel animal on our bed was taken at 1:58AM. Thank god for iphones. Without them I would never know how long our drinkfest had lasted.

Seemoreroyals and Sassycat's Alaskan Cruise

Day 7 Sept. 11th Victoria, BC 5pm - 11:30pm. It was Friday and it was the last day of the cruise and even though it seemed we had just boarded it was almost over. We did not get up in time so instead of breakfast we met up for lunch. We had to have all of our stuff packed and ready by later on that evening so while the girls went back to the rooms to pack Patrick and I went up to Magnum's for a few more drinks. We pondered what to do while in Victoria. We all are active and like to walk so when we got to Victoria instead of taking the bus we made a walk out of it. We all really liked Victoria. It was only about 2 miles to downtown where the shopping was at so it took no time at all to get there. The cost of living must be fairly high there as all of the prices in the shops in Victoria were much higher. I think we paid almost $10 for 2 bottles of water. But we did take some pictures and walk around and went in and out of a few shops. All this walking was making us hungry so we headed back to the ship for our last night of dinner and drinks. We only stayed up until a little after midnight because we had to be up and finished with breakfast and off the ship by about 8:30AM the next morning so we could catch our ride back to the airport for our flight back home.

Thank you for the report. I agree it is a nice walk from the cruise ship port into downtown Victoria. The Butchart Gardens are a highlight, just outside Victoria, but probably not
    enough time for a short visit in the evening. I did two Alaska cruises twenty years ago but neither did Skagway. I expect the ports are much busier than back in the 90's!