User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cosmopolitan Changes to Identity Club

Cosmopolitan Changes to Identity Club

There have been some changes to the Cosmopolitan Identify Player's Club. Due to the changes to points it looks like they lowered how many points it takes to earn Sterling and Platinum but for some reason Gold remains the same.

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/...dbenefits.aspx

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/...dearnings.aspx
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:

We'll I'm get me a Cosmo card and start earning my points! So excited!

I forgot to add this is what the old guidelines used to be for earning points. It now takes $2.50 per point for slots though video poker has decreased to $6.00 per point now.

Old guidelines

Earning Identity Points
    $1.50 through a slot machine = 1 Identity Point
    $7.50 through a video poker machine = 1 Identity Point
    $20 table game bet = 1 Identity Point
    $1 of lodging, dining or retail purchase = 5 Identity Points
    Slot Youtube Channel:

Las Vegas Trip reports:

Twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by Evoni View Post
    There have been some changes to the Cosmopolitan Identify Player's Club. Due to the changes to points it looks like they lowered how many points it takes to earn Sterling and Platinum but for some reason Gold remains the same.

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/...dbenefits.aspx

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/...dearnings.aspx
    !!! Thanks for the update, ace reporter @Evoni!!!

So instead of earning one point per $1.50 wagered on slots, now it's one point per $2.50 wagered. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this means that if you look purely at slot coin-in, it previously took $120K to reach Platinum, whereas now it's $125K. Since the 3X multiplier for Platinum players doesn't count toward tier progress, now it costs $5K more in coin-in to reach Platinum than it did before, despite the lower overall point level required (50K now, as opposed to 80K before).

A bigger story is that Gold players now have to work a lot harder to achieve/maintain their status. Used to require a minimum of $30K in coin-in; now it's $50K.

The other interesting thing is that they've left the points for non-gaming spend at exactly the same level: five points per dollar. So spending money on hotel, restaurants, shopping, etc. becomes a relatively more valuable (and lower-risk) way to increase tier status.

And now you don't earn any Identity points for table games, sports book, or electronic craps -- just for slots, VP, and resort spend. Wonder how they plan to reward their table players???

Finally, I just have to say: Although it's a stated benefit of Platinum status, I have only gotten turndown service ONCE at Cosmo, on one night of a multi-night stay, despite repeated requests. Sigh...

The other thing is that Gold now only earns a 2X slot multiplier, rather than the 3X they used to earn alongside Platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    !!! Thanks for the update, ace reporter @Evoni!!!

So instead of earning one point per $1.50 wagered on slots, now it's one point per $2.50 wagered. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this means that if you look purely at slot coin-in, it previously took $120K to reach Platinum, whereas now it's $125K. Since the 3X multiplier for Platinum players doesn't count toward tier progress, now it costs $5K more in coin-in to reach Platinum than it did before, despite the lower overall point level required (50K now, as opposed to 80K before).

A bigger story is that Gold players now have to work a lot harder to achieve/maintain their status. Used to require a minimum of $30K in coin-in; now it's $50K.

The other interesting thing is that they've left the points for non-gaming spend at exactly the same level: five points per dollar. So spending money on hotel, restaurants, shopping, etc. becomes a relatively more valuable (and lower-risk) way to increase tier status.

And now you don't earn any Identity points for table games, sports book, or electronic craps -- just for slots, VP, and resort spend. Wonder how they plan to reward their table players???

Finally, I just have to say: Although it's a stated benefit of Platinum status, I have only gotten turndown service ONCE at Cosmo, on one night of a multi-night stay, despite repeated requests. Sigh...
    You're correct, that's the way I see it too. I'm really unhappy about Gold now only making the 2X for comp points.

I was hoping the new owners would do something to attract new gamblers but they seem to be going in the opposite direction. Of course they are still the only player's club to offer that perk of 2 companion nights for Gold and Platinum members.
    Slot Youtube Channel:

Las Vegas Trip reports:

Twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by Evoni View Post
    You're correct, that's the way I see it too. I'm really unhappy about Gold now only making the 2X for comp points.

I was hoping the new owners would do something to attract new gamblers but they seem to be going in the opposite direction. Of course they are still the only player's club to offer that perk of 2 companion nights for Gold and Platinum members.
    Yes, my suspicion is that they kept the points for resort spend at the same level to encourage non-gamblers to continue pouring $ into their clubs, restaurants, hotel, and onsite merchants. After all, that's the one way they really make money at present. Though like you say, that doesn't do much to attract new gamblers -- or keep current ones happy.

still waiting for them to get shit together before giving a full trip to them, til then will only give em stop in play as i call it for a few hundy

i am lowly sterling LOL should used the free 1 night per year but might use it on another trip later in year

Wondering if this new point system is even worth giving them some play? I guess it will take a some months to know what future comps will look like..