User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meaty meat meat (Vegas edition)

Meaty meat meat (Vegas edition)

Here's one for all you carnivores: What do you consider the best steakhouses in Las Vegas, and why? Any places you haven't been yet that are on "the list" for you?

Separate question: What's the best burger in Vegas? (I understand this could get ugly.)

think I have eaten at all the steak houses in Vegas except for the one at Circus-Circus, and I still like Ruth Chris Steak house at Harrah's the best

My two cents on the burger question.

Having researched this topic extensively over many years, my vote goes to the burger at Comme Ça, the French brasserie at Cosmopolitan. It's topped with cheddar and their special onion slaw (which is both delicate and savory, and not overwhelmingly oniony) and served on a wonderful soft brioche bun.

Attachment 646

The best time to get it is during their 5pm to 8:30pm "social hour," because it costs $15 instead of $19 (lunch) or $20 (dinner).

Attachment 647

I honestly don't know why this burger is so superior. Is it the meat? The cheese? The bun? The way it's cooked? The onion slaw? All I know is, I am not the only one to have flipped over this particular item. My lovely spouse still talks about the Comme Ça burger, and insists on going there on each of his rare Vegas visits.

The one thing about this place is that the service can be either really good or really awful. First time I went, by myself, I sat at the bar and was completely ignored other than having a burger and drink slapped down in front of me. Second time, with spouse, we sat at a little bar table and our server was great. In any case, this burger is good enough to risk suffering any amount of faux-French indifference.

I've added this to my list, thank you. There's so much eating already planned I might have to go back to Vegas after April.

I'm not much of a steak eater - I usually order a salad and an app such as a crab cake. I do like In-N-Out - the one on Sahara is a must-stop on the way out to Summerlin. The only "gourmet" burger I've had was at the burger place between Bally's and Paris, years ago but I don't remember it being too memorable.

Boots, you have a way with words! I want that burger right now! I feel brioche buns make the burger, thanks for the recommendation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Granted I have probably not eaten at a majority of the steakhouses in Vegas just due to the fact that a few years ago we decided that since we go during the warmer months, we no longer take long pants because it is not fun getting dressed up when it is hot. But when it comes down to the ones we have experienced, it has got to be Prime at the Bellagio. The décor is stunning, the service was unlike any we have experienced anywhere. I remember the bone-in Ribeye melting in my mouth. Allen had the filet and was very pleased. There was not one negative thing about the entire experience. And then to top it off it was very nice after the meal to take a cocktail out on to the patio overlooking the lake and fountains. Dang, now I may have to take dress clothes in May!

Boots, thanks for the burger suggestion. Have never eaten there, but that may have to change.

Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    Boots, you have a way with words! I want that burger right now! I feel brioche buns make the burger, thanks for the recommendation!
    @CTslotters @zeus, you are welcome! I really wanted to hate them after they were so rude on my first visit, but the excellence of the burger won out in the end. Was glad they redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverSong View Post
    I've added this to my list, thank you. There's so much eating already planned I might have to go back to Vegas after April.
    @RiverSong, I know! With all the eating that's planned, how is one supposed to get any slotting time in?

I don't like burgers that much so will pass on giving a opinion but I do eat at steak restaurants a lot in Vegas and have tried almost all of them. The ones I prefer I have eaten at numerous times and it's my opinion you can't go wrong at the following.

Cut at Palazzo- Always consistently good service and great food. This is our favorite but followed closely behind by:

SW Steakhouse at Wynn- Same reasons as Cut, however you really want a table on the patio or near it overlooking the Lake of Dreams. If you are deep inside the restaurant the crowding of the tables and noise levels takes away from the ambiance.

Prime at Bellagio. Same reasons as above. I prefer a table at the window overlooking the fountains.
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:

Twitter: