User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Meaty meat meat (Vegas edition)

I found the ambrosia apples after I first read your report at my store. They were good.
    Excellent review as always.

Thanks Linda. I finally found the Ambrosia apples too, but while they were good they weren't as great as I recalled until I remembered that the restaurant glazed their Ambrosia apples, LOL!
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:

These are at the top of my list with some commentary:

#1-Cut- Top notch all around! Appetizers are the top of the heap and I could make a meal out of them without even having their steaks. Been dining at the original Cut in Beverly Hills since 2007 and the food is identical which is impressive.

#2- Delomoico's- Not as hip as Cut but steaks/appetizers are top notch. Some of the best Tuna Tartare I have ever had. If you like fine wine, Kevin is the Master Sommelier (only 200 in the world) who is most humble of humans and will steer you in the right direction all you need is $$$ if you enjoy fine wine.

I ate at Prime last year and was underwhelmed all around. Service was disappointing and the bone in rib eye I ordered was the quality/grade of a Denny's restaurant. My girlfriend's lobster tail was top notch but this is a steakhouse, I was expecting better since Diana's reviews were always so esoteric. I sent my steak back and refused another. I did continue to drink the wine I brought plus munched on bread.

I have dined at Strip Steak (MB) some years back but that was blah blah..

SW is my must try for me...

I am not a big steak person, but I felt Strip Steak at MB was all hype with nothing to back it up. I wouldn't return for a free steak. Also disappointed with Strip House at Planet Hollywood. Think I need to step up my game!

Tonight we had dinner at Voodoo and the food was good but not superb. Cyndy's filet was very tender & flavorful I had scallops that were very good, and both of our salads were excellent. The view is amazing and going out on the deck is breath taking. Thanks Cyndy!

I really like the burgers at Le Burger Brasserie in Paris. Yummy buns & fries. I also enjoy the buffalo burger at I Love Burgers between Palazzo & Venetian. But the place has zero atmosphere. Hoping to try B&B Burger & Beer this week.

Another great idea for a thread Boots!

Quote Originally Posted by hlaburg View Post
    These are at the top of my list with some commentary:

#1-Cut- Top notch all around! Appetizers are the top of the heap and I could make a meal out of them without even having their steaks. Been dining at the original Cut in Beverly Hills since 2007 and the food is identical which is impressive.

#2- Delomoico's- Not as hip as Cut but steaks/appetizers are top notch. Some of the best Tuna Tartare I have ever had. If you like fine wine, Kevin is the Master Sommelier (only 200 in the world) who is most humble of humans and will steer you in the right direction all you need is $$$ if you enjoy fine wine.

I ate at Prime last year and was underwhelmed all around. Service was disappointing and the bone in rib eye I ordered was the quality/grade of a Denny's restaurant. My girlfriend's lobster tail was top notch but this is a steakhouse, I was expecting better since Diana's reviews were always so esoteric. I sent my steak back and refused another. I did continue to drink the wine I brought plus munched on bread.

I have dined at Strip Steak (MB) some years back but that was blah blah..

SW is my must try for me...
    It has been a few years since I have been to Prime, so it is disappointing to hear about your experience. Like you, I believe I need to put SW on my list to try.

Blog Entries
    Being we stay downtown and don't like to take a lot of time away from the gambling floor, we eat at the bar. Vic and Anthonys at the Nugget and Andiamo at the D. Normally share a steak and a side. Both are so good and quick. Steaks always excellent. Baked potato at Andiamo's is great.

Quote Originally Posted by 20cardmg View Post
    Went there with Clemi and Laurie we all had the MJ prix fixe menu..was excellent!!
    That was a great meal at a great price!

I suggest using open table when your trip is planned to lock in a table at the times you want. Makes it easy rather then calling once ya land in vegas and hoping there is some availability.

I have used it for prime. Sw giada and recieved my requested table area each time.

Damn this thread now i am hungry for a steak. Gonna have to pick one up for this week since the weathet is amazing high 40's so getting the spring itch to grill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    I am not a big steak person, but I felt Strip Steak at MB was all hype with nothing to back it up. I wouldn't return for a free steak. Also disappointed with Strip House at Planet Hollywood. Think I need to step up my game!

Tonight we had dinner at Voodoo and the food was good but not superb. Cyndy's filet was very tender & flavorful I had scallops that were very good, and both of our salads were excellent. The view is amazing and going out on the deck is breath taking. Thanks Cyndy!

I really like the burgers at Le Burger Brasserie in Paris. Yummy buns & fries. I also enjoy the buffalo burger at I Love Burgers between Palazzo & Venetian. But the place has zero atmosphere. Hoping to try B&B Burger & Beer this week.

Another great idea for a thread Boots!
    Chris, please do follow up if you eat at B&B burger, it was on my radar for our trip since I love all things Mario Batali and we're staying there. Figured it could be a good stop for lunch prior to heading out to the airport.

And now Charlie Palmers is on my radar, I loved the food at his now closed NYC restaurant in Grand Central years ago, the prix fixe looks like a bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    Chris, please do follow up if you eat at B&B burger, it was on my radar for our trip since I love all things Mario Batali and we're staying there. Figured it could be a good stop for lunch prior to heading out to the airport.

And now Charlie Palmers is on my radar, I loved the food at his now closed NYC restaurant in Grand Central years ago, the prix fixe looks like a bargain!
    I sure will! We are a little flakey with plans, so not sure it will happen. We are doing Carnevino tomorrow night so I'll report back on that too.