User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Harrah's Cherokee experts

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    I may be going to Cherokee for a few days in January on my way down to HHI. Wondering if there are free drinks there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good luck! I lived on the island for five years. Pretty dead that time of year!

No free drinks...Discounted in diamond lounge...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwright12 View Post
    Good luck! I lived on the island for five years. Pretty dead that time of year!
    My aunt has a condo down there so she's decided she's going to spend the whole month of January. Not sure how long I'm going for.

I've been in January once before and liked it. Weather's not the greatest but certainly better than it is here in Chicago. And I didn't notice much closed or dead - in fact one jazz concert we tried to get in and it was packed to capacity!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    My aunt has a condo down there so she's decided she's going to spend the whole month of January. Not sure how long I'm going for.

I've been in January once before and liked it. Weather's not the greatest but certainly better than it is here in Chicago. And I didn't notice much closed or dead - in fact one jazz concert we tried to get in and it was packed to capacity!!

My son and family live there. Would love to meet you for lunch while you are there!

Blog Entries
    Also would like to hear more about your point system for airlines!

Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    Hi all. I recently visited Harrah's Cherokee for the first time. I signed up for a Total Reward card and played slots for a few hours. I really enjoyed the slot selection. I checked my online account and have free nights available so we are thinking about heading there over Christmas.

My question - is there a big difference between a Mountain Tower, Soco Tower, or Creek Tower room?

Also, has anyone been there during Christmas? If so, is it a busy time?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Elf, did you make it to Cherokee? If so, how did it go? Hope the slots were in a giving mood and you had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    Elf, did you make it to Cherokee? If so, how did it go? Hope the slots were in a giving mood and you had a great time.
    We did make it up there. Loved the room and hotel in general. I got killed on the slots on Christmas Day but got some good play on Saturday. I really liked the slot selection and was happy to see lots of 2 and 5 cent slots. My son played in a poker tournament and said it was a nice group of guys.

We ended up coming home on Saturday instead of Sunday morning. (My son was tired and a bit bored. He is not a degenerate slotter like me. ) I just missed meeting GeorgiaGambler on Saturday unfortunately.

Overall a very enjoyable time and a very nice place. Hopefully I'll continue to get comped rooms. I'm sure it will become a semi-regular gambling excursion for me.

Glad you had a great time! They do have a great selection of slots, and the property is beautiful. Maybe one day it will work out to where me, you, Georgiagambler, Cyndyga and dwwright can all be there at the same time and have a mini meet!

That sounds like a great idea! Happy New Year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    Glad you had a great time! They do have a great selection of slots, and the property is beautiful. Maybe one day it will work out to where me, you, Georgiagambler, Cyndyga and dwwright can all be there at the same time and have a mini meet!
    I would be up for that!