User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special ideas needed for a party for my sister's wedding!

Blog Entries

Special ideas needed for a party for my sister's wedding!

Hey all! So my sister is getting married in May in Vegas... ceremony will be at Caesars in their garden chapel, followed by a reception at Carmine's at the Forum Shops on the Saturday.

Thursday night will be the bachelorette/bachelor parties, which fortunately I am not involved in the planning and will just go along for the ride.

But Friday night is free right now. She doesn't need to do a typical rehearsal dinner so we are not hosting a dinner for the group or anything. But I want to do a special gift for her other than just giving her money in a card, so I was thinking of hosting an "event" that evening for the whole gang. Our family LOVES Carnaval Court and we always have major hijinks there whenever we've gone on family trips, so one idea I had was that everyone could do dinner on their own that night, and then I would host some sort of private party at Carnaval Court, with maybe open bar for two hours. Not sure what time bands normally start but I was thinking around 9 p.m. I was hoping to parlay my diamond status into getting us a private area roped off and maybe they'd work with me on a package for drinks that's reasonable (i.e., no yard drinks included!) Do you think I should contact Hunter or maybe a food/beverage coordinator for Harrah's? Does anyone have any contacts?

One tough issue is I would only open this to family members and close friends of Debbie's and Phil's.. not all eighty people that are planning on attending the wedding. No way I could afford that!!

OR, if anyone has any unique or interesting ideas of where else I could host an event like this, please speak up!

Idea - Harrah's also has the dueling piano bar.. and they would probably reserve tables for you. You could then have them run a tab.. and then after 2 hours.. people could head out to the carnival court as a group - but then they could drink on there own. That way if other people wanted to join you. I have seen bachelor/bachleorette parties at these events.. and they have a blast. Plus - it is a sing along atmosphere.. so you could sing!

Wherever you have it, maybe they could give you drink tickets to hand out so you could give them to certain people you want to have them. That way, the others could go if they wanted to and just buy their own drinks. I've been at company Xmas parties where they've done this before.

If carnaval court doesn't work out, maybe Rhumbar at Mirage? I've heard people say they like that place. I know they have an outside area too and it'll be nice that time of year. No band though, justca DJ I think.

Blog Entries
    Wow, both of those are great ideas, thanks CeCe and Terra!

I like the idea of drink tickets; in fact maybe I could even do like two drink tickets per person so I would have a limited bar tab, and then maybe with the extra money I could get appetizers/burgers or something so it could take the place of dinner. I know Carnaval Court used to have decent food.

One other idea I just had when I was in the shower (HHH) is maybe reserving a few cabanas (or one really large one) for the group. Weather should be pretty warm at that time of year, and it would be probably the only way we'd all be able to be at the same pool together, since everyone's at different hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    Wow, both of those are great ideas, thanks CeCe and Terra!

I like the idea of drink tickets; in fact maybe I could even do like two drink tickets per person so I would have a limited bar tab, and then maybe with the extra money I could get appetizers/burgers or something so it could take the place of dinner. I know Carnaval Court used to have decent food.

One other idea I just had when I was in the shower (HHH) is maybe reserving a few cabanas (or one really large one) for the group. Weather should be pretty warm at that time of year, and it would be probably the only way we'd all be able to be at the same pool together, since everyone's at different hotels.

GREAT Idea - you probably would have a "minimum" for the cabana rental.. and you could get the food and maybe a stocked fridge.. and once that is gone, people would be on their own. Great casual atmosphere, and people could come and go as schedule allowed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    GREAT Idea - you probably would have a "minimum" for the cabana rental.. and you could get the food and maybe a stocked fridge.. and once that is gone, people would be on their own. Great casual atmosphere, and people could come and go as schedule allowed.
    Now just to research where. Family is partial to Mirage pool, so I'll start there.

Only negative I could possibly see is Friday would be the only day we could have it, and with the group going out for bachelorette and bachelor parties the night before, we might have some hungover peeps that wouldn't even make it to the cabana!

Invite me as dance entertainment... known to do the sprinkler move the lawnmower the chicken dance cha cha slide and more when alcohol is consumed encore even for macarana LOL

hmm will have to think on this one.

Or maybe the High Roller ride with full bar. I think it holds about 24.

Quote Originally Posted by sassycat View Post
    Or maybe the High Roller ride with full bar. I think it holds about 24.
    I was going to suggest the same thing! Maybe do that with a smaller group and then meet the larger group at Carnaval Court in a reserved area?

Maybe you could use RCs for either part of it to cover some of the costs?

Blog Entries
    I'm liking the High Roller ride option as well, whatever you decide Blase, I'm sure it will be a blast.