User Tag List

Thread: November 2015 Princess Cruise/Palazzo Offer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauretania View Post
    hytail, it is two bottles per trip without corkage fee.
    DW informed me our corkage fee on NCL was $20 per bottle. Is that what all the cruise lines charge? On NCL if we purchased alcohol from any of the ports, we weren't able to take it to the room. On a few occasions we saw people in front of us getting back on the ship try to sneak alcohol back on board to take to their rooms but the x-ray machines on NCL are pretty good. They took it somewhere and stored it for them. Don't know if there is any way to get access to it. I am thinking they may let you have a bottle from your stash if you are willing to pay the $20 corkage fee but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by seemoreroyals View Post
    DW informed me our corkage fee on NCL was $20 per bottle. Is that what all the cruise lines charge? On NCL if we purchased alcohol from any of the ports, we weren't able to take it to the room. On a few occasions we saw people in front of us getting back on the ship try to sneak alcohol back on board to take to their rooms but the x-ray machines on NCL are pretty good. They took it somewhere and stored it for them. Don't know if there is any way to get access to it. I am thinking they may let you have a bottle from your stash if you are willing to pay the $20 corkage fee but not sure.
    Each cruise line charges different amounts for corkage fees. I know we've paid $7.00 on Crystal and this past Princess cruise it was $15.00.

In port we've bought Grand Marnier duty free, which is brought to your cabin the last night of the cruise. We bought it in St. Thomas this time, as it was cheaper than here and on the ship.

Most cruise lines don't allow you to bring liquor on board to consume in your cabin. However, some do such as Crystal Cruises. We bought a bottle of Port in Portugal to have in the cabin during a cruise.