User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: November 2015 Princess Cruise/Palazzo Offer

November 2015 Princess Cruise/Palazzo Offer

M your husband sounds like a great guy - jumping ship to grab the wine I want to drink sounds exactly how I would do it! Haha

Thanks for the enlightening TR and pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by declansgigi View Post
    Loved the TR @Mauretania. Great VP hits, I just can't stick with it long enough to hit anyrhing good. We have a cruise booked in May for 7 nights, can't wait. Would love to to do an extended one some day when time and $ permit. Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    @declansgigi, thank you. Yes, video poker is certainly a game of patience but it's an addiction for me too haha!
    I look forward to hearing about your cruise in May! I hope you come back and give us a report.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephiede11 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Glad you took some of their money and enjoyed your time.
    @Stephiede11, it's tough to leave a cruise ship a winner. I just got VERY lucky!
    I look forward to seeing you again, in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by hytail View Post
    M your husband sounds like a great guy - jumping ship to grab the wine I want to drink sounds exactly how I would do it! Haha

Thanks for the enlightening TR and pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    @hytail, HaHa! I think he's a great guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauretania View Post
    @hytail, HaHa! I think he's a great guy too.
    How were you able to get the wine on board and drink it? With NCL, which is who we have been cruising with most recently, they won't let you bring any wine on board and if they do they make you pay an unreasonable corkage fee. We usually get the UBP anyway but would prefer the ability to bring some of DW's favorite wines on board to smuggle with us for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by seemoreroyals View Post
    How were you able to get the wine on board and drink it? With NCL, which is who we have been cruising with most recently, they won't let you bring any wine on board and if they do they make you pay an unreasonable corkage fee. We usually get the UBP anyway but would prefer the ability to bring some of DW's favorite wines on board to smuggle with us for dinner.
    @seemoreroyals, Princess Cruises allows one bottle of wine per passenger, without a corkage fee. Passengers are allowed to bring as many bottles of wine as they like but you must pay the corkage fee.
    Brian carried the box and checked it in at the "Corkage Fee" desk and they stamped the bottles except for the two. We kept the box in a closet in the cabin. When we took a bottle to dinner, the
    waiter saw the stamp on the bottle and did not charge again, for the corkage fee. The wines we chose were very good and even with the corkage fee, we saved money instead of paying more for a mediocre wine off their wine list. Princess does not allow passengers to bring on any other type of liquor or I would definitely have brought a bottle Dubonnet (an aperitif is considered liquor).

We've done this in Europe too on other cruise lines as some of those ports have excellent wine shops.

M is it two bottles per trip or per port?

Thinking two bottles each port would be easily satisfying.
    @seemoreroyals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hytail View Post
    M is it two bottles per trip or per port?

Thinking two bottles each port would be easily satisfying.
    @seemoreroyals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hytail, it is two bottles per trip without corkage fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauretania View Post
    hytail, it is two bottles per trip without corkage fee.
    DW informed me our corkage fee on NCL was $20 per bottle. Is that what all the cruise lines charge? On NCL if we purchased alcohol from any of the ports, we weren't able to take it to the room. On a few occasions we saw people in front of us getting back on the ship try to sneak alcohol back on board to take to their rooms but the x-ray machines on NCL are pretty good. They took it somewhere and stored it for them. Don't know if there is any way to get access to it. I am thinking they may let you have a bottle from your stash if you are willing to pay the $20 corkage fee but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by seemoreroyals View Post
    DW informed me our corkage fee on NCL was $20 per bottle. Is that what all the cruise lines charge? On NCL if we purchased alcohol from any of the ports, we weren't able to take it to the room. On a few occasions we saw people in front of us getting back on the ship try to sneak alcohol back on board to take to their rooms but the x-ray machines on NCL are pretty good. They took it somewhere and stored it for them. Don't know if there is any way to get access to it. I am thinking they may let you have a bottle from your stash if you are willing to pay the $20 corkage fee but not sure.
    Each cruise line charges different amounts for corkage fees. I know we've paid $7.00 on Crystal and this past Princess cruise it was $15.00.

In port we've bought Grand Marnier duty free, which is brought to your cabin the last night of the cruise. We bought it in St. Thomas this time, as it was cheaper than here and on the ship.

Most cruise lines don't allow you to bring liquor on board to consume in your cabin. However, some do such as Crystal Cruises. We bought a bottle of Port in Portugal to have in the cabin during a cruise.