User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's Your MO to save your Bankroll?

I have my envelopes for everything. Slots,tips,food,etc. I never waiver there. I always cash out at some multiple of what I started with- if I put in 20 I cash out at 100,etc. I never put the TITOS back in. I cash them out right as I walk out the door and the cash goes right back in the gambling drawer at home. Sometimes I have none and that's sucks ! At least I came back from Vegas with enough to jump start my trip to Coushatta next week. I will have a drink or 2 but not too much while slotting. And I do notice my judgement starts to fail around midnight since I'm an early morning person. So I quit by then for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I need a method, too. Thanks for starting this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauretania View Post
    I do the daily envelope thing and keep the rest in the safe. I don't take the whole daily amount out of the envelope, just half. That forces me to walk back to the room to get more money out of
    my daily allotment. Sometimes, I'm smart and stay in the room ha ha!
    I like the idea of walking back to the room!

Quote Originally Posted by darrellk View Post
    My method is no alcohol while slotting. Plenty of time to get liquored up when you're done gambling especially when you win and have something to celebrate. Remember it's up to you whether you stay in control of your wits.

I find I don't drink nearly as much as I would if I weren't gambling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    If I start with a $100 bill - I cash out if I double, but I don't leave the machine.. I just stick in another Hundo. I do put it all into one ticket. If I win anything big - I tell my husband (OK.. if I hit a handpay where I have to fess up due to the Tax Form). I don't have a daily envelope.. but I do not take all the money with me. I leave it in the room same as @Maurentina, so I have a break when I make the long walk to the room. I need to save my free play to the end.. so I have some cushion. Great Topic.
    Saving the free play to the end, I may have to try that!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie50 View Post
    My system differs a little . i start out with 600.00 for the day so if im there for 4 days i try to have 4 X 600 . i dont all ways have that much but you do what ya can . So any ways depending on how mush of my 600 is left at the end of that day (lets say 300. ) the next day ill add 300 to it and start again . by the time we reach the last day i uasly have about half or a little less of my original BR . or more Witch is better right . my way of looking at it if i come home with most of my BR im a Winner.
    I like this idea. I tended to think of what I had left at the end of the day as "extra" for the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    I don't have an ATM card. I always drink when slotting it actually slows down my spinning (losing) HHH

LMAO I wish it did that for me

Okay so there's something to cashing out at a certain amount. I tried it on my "night" trip and this is what I had left. $60-70 was my cash out number. Overall, with this and the cash I had left, I came home only losing $37. It did seem the slots we're looser in the middle of the night, and less crowded, but staying up all night and day and driving home with no sleep sucked. I'm too old for that now HHH. Thank you all for the tips!!

A day of fun for only $37, you can't beat that!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    A day of fun for only $37, you can't beat that!
    Right? Free drinks and a free meal with my comps. It was a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan777 View Post
    Okay so there's something to cashing out at a certain amount. I tried it on my "night" trip and this is what I had left. $60-70 was my cash out number. Overall, with this and the cash I had left, I came home only losing $37. It did seem the slots we're looser in the middle of the night, and less crowded, but staying up all night and day and driving home with no sleep sucked. I'm too old for that now HHH. Thank you all for the tips!!

Excellent management. Proud of you - a -37 trip.. that is a dinner out for two at Applebees.. and you had WAY more fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    Excellent management. Proud of you - a -37 trip.. that is a dinner out for two at Applebees.. and you had WAY more fun!!
    When people say I gamble too much (seriously, I HATE that phrase), I tell them sometimes it costs less than dinner and a movie, and lasts longer, and I have more fun!