User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The water racket

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    Yes, actually -- I asked for some water along with our cocktails and our adorable server said, "Oh, we can only serve bottled water. Is that OK?" Having been nailed by this at Vista Lounge the month before, i said "no thanks." Boo!
    Darn, I had totally forgotten about that, was likely busy taking photos or something. Wish I had remember and mentioned it in my trip report as that is just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT View Post
    Is that even legal?? Well I guess it is, but a necessity of life should typically be available free of charge.
    Back in my wild and crazy teen years we would spend an entire Saturday visiting all of the fast food restaurants in the valley, simply asking for a cup of water and to see how many cups we could collect. Dairy Queen was the only one to ever charge us I believe $.25, those cheap asses..haha
    It's certainly not a good business practice but not against the law as far as I know. I can remember growing up when water didn't come in bottles so likely no one ever thought they needed to make a law that said regular non bottle water had to be available free of charge.
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:

Some of the nicer places here in Toronto will automatically have 2 bottles on most tables. 1 regular water 1 bubbly, easy $18 added to bill.