User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Changes to the Grazie Gold Lounge and Platinum Room

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Oh shit, I hate to hear this. I love my host there and now I am worried about him.

Truthfully, I'd be perfectly happy if they raised the level to reach Gold. Compared to other properties, it is almost too easy to achieve Gold, and Gold actually has (had?) some decent benefits unlike CET platinum, Mlife Pearl, etc. Whatever they are doing, and it seems the phasing out of the Gold Lounge is the tip of the iceberg, I hope they do it soon as the not knowing is the annoying part to me.
    I agree. The level between gold and Plat is huge.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreeke View Post
    Just got a message that my host there has lost her job. She only had Gold Card players, no Platinum. She was there for years and I feel sorry for her.

I wonder how many other of the Gold/Player Development hosts got the boot?

As far as the Gold Lounge...WHAT A JOKE! If all I want to do is sit in there and drink coffee or tea and watch TV, I can do that in my room!
    Hmmm, not sure if she just got the boot because all she had was gold level players, there could have been work performance issues she didn't want to share. However there is no more Gold Lounge, it's now called the High Limit Lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Oh shit, I hate to hear this. I love my host there and now I am worried about him.

Truthfully, I'd be perfectly happy if they raised the level to reach Gold. Compared to other properties, it is almost too easy to achieve Gold, and Gold actually has (had?) some decent benefits unlike CET platinum, Mlife Pearl, etc. Whatever they are doing, and it seems the phasing out of the Gold Lounge is the tip of the iceberg, I hope they do it soon as the not knowing is the annoying part to me.
    I agree with you they made it to easy to reach gold (my Mom the low roller made it in 3 days a week ago) and once gold it was really easy to get it the following year due to extra points. In comparison to CET where you have to be Diamond to get access to their lounges, the Venetian Gold room was quite the deal for all these years.

I was at Palazzo a week ago and for what's it worth this is what one of the men at the Palazzo Player Club's desk had to say about the changes. The locals were making gold and some were taking all their meals in the gold lounge, so changes were supposedly driven more by their local gamblers then tourists, at least that's what he claimed. He didn't have a explanation for the changes in the Platinum room other then if members complain they might change back. This may be true, if no one complains they will leave the new changes in place, if a lot of Platinum members speak up it's possible they will return to how it was previously. Previously I hadn't heard it was their locals driving some of the changes.

The man also said that things might change in the Venetian HL lounge in the future as far as putting food out again but for now the high rollers can order meals in there and charge it to their room for their host to remove. Not sure why someone would want to eat in the lounge over a restaurant or room service, but okay.

Not sure if this will come to pass but he also said that in the future they will be changing the amount of tier credits for gold to a higher number, he threw out 50k but who knows as he said that might not happen until next year. I would hope if they raise the amount of points to make Gold they would once again have a lounge for those members, but it's just a guessing game at this point.

Not a rumor but someone I know who works in the hotel management end of things has told me that renovations to Palazzo rooms starts in September. That person has seen the mock ups and says they are very light and bright and complements the Venetian rooms but just a little brighter. They will be doing a few hundred rooms a week.

Also no summer grazie gift show this year, which I imagine will save them money. Personally I always went for this event each summer and I'm really sad the penny pinchers have cut it out, but then business is booming and I guess some things won't return unless business gets tight again.
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:

I don't think my host is there anymore either. I now get offers and emails with another host name and info on it. I also looked on their site and his pic isn't there anymore. For the short time I've had him, he was great. He always took care of all my room charges without me asking and always followed up with me. I don't charge a lot but that was always nice. Hopefully this new host is like him. These new changes sucks!!

@Evoni, Great information! I understand it's all rumor, but there is usually some truth to rumors. I think 50,000 points for Gold sounds very reasonable, so we shall see. It will be very interesting to see what happens over the next several months.

FWIW, my host is still listed on the website. I hope it stays that way!

Blog Entries
    After reading all these updates, seems the writing is on the wall for us. Probably time to for us to dump V/P (they're probably dumping us) and hitch our wagon to CET and maybe an off-Strip property for a while.

I really enjoyed playing at Tuscany this Spring....
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Locals ruining it for all the outta town people if they go visit daily after achieving gold or platinum
    I have never been in either lounge but I doubt the food described in gold can put a huge dent in Sheldon's pockets.
    Seriously. He can afford some crackers.