I was staying at Palazzo during the week of St. Patrick's day and playing in the Venetian HL room when I noticed the Gold lounge was closed at 11pm. I asked one of the slot attendants about it and this is what he had to say about upcoming changes to both the Grazie Gold Lounge and Platinum VIP lounge at Palazzo. I don't know this for a fact but he sure acted like he knew what he was talking about.

Starting around April 4th or so the Platinum VIP lounge at Palazzo will only have food from 6am until 9pm at night instead of 24 hours as in the past. It will be open 24 hours a day for drinks and VIP reservation.

The Gold Lounge at Venetian will have drinks but no more food in the offering. I hope he is wrong about his and they at least have fruit or cookies. According to the employee I spoke to there are too many gold members and a lot of them have been eating all their meals in there so it's been costing Venetian too much money and this is there way of putting a stop to that. He said at some point in the future when there are less Gold members (not sure if he meant because they will be making changes to the number of points needed or what) they may go back to having food in there at that point.

We'll see if what I was told is accurate but during my stay they already went to the new hours for food at the Platinum lounge at Palazzo so some of it at least is correct.