User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollywood Free Buffet and $20

Hollywood Free Buffet and $20

Hey @slotbender , I know you got very beat at Hollywood, but if you want to meet some Saturday for some buffet before the end of
    May, let me know. I'd make the drive for free mediocre food and $20!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karma Is Like 69 : You Get What You Give
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

@CPT That would make a nice little meet-up Kenny! I appreciate your thought on this but I'm not sure if I'll be able to meet up because my plate is pretty much full at the moment. My Mother has been out of skilled nursing and back into her home for about 2 weeks now and I've been busy going back and forth from my home to hers a few times per day to take care of cooking, laundry, (those home health aides use alotta towels & wash rags) shopping, visiting, talking/seeing visiting nurses & physical/occupational therapy people etc.. I think it's time now for me to bring in Hospice care so I just set up a meeting with them on Friday (22nd) to discuss further care for my Mother in her home, (Mothers wishes - to be at home). But if anything changes between now & the end of May I'll be sure to let you (& everyone else here) know. I've already mentioned to my brother that I'll be needing a nice long vacation to Las Vegas, Tahoe, (or both) etc. once after my need is done here.

Good luck with mom and you do deserve a long vacation! I'll keep it in the event you get some free time and may use it like a degenerate before it expires otherwise. Thanks for checking with us!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

@slotbender, sending good luck wishes to you and kudos for taking care of your mom... Hospice care can be wonderful and I wish you and your mom the best whatever your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT View Post
    Good luck with mom and you do deserve a long vacation! I'll keep it in the event you get some free time and may use it like a degenerate before it expires otherwise. Thanks for checking with us!
    Update: I'm sorry to say that My Mother passed away this morning while I was there at her home. The good part is that she didn't suffer, she just quietly stopped breathing while I (and a nurse) was at her bedside. It's also good to say that she made it to 97 years of age, was a WW2 veteran and had lived a full life. It's been a bit hectic for me so far today with arranging things but I have been ready for this to happen for quite some time. So, I'll be in touch with you Kenny and probably about the 1st week of May we can meet-up so that you can collect on that free buffet & slot play : )

I'm sorry to hear that buddy! From everything you told me, you did the best a son could do. Take care of yourself and talk to you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by slotbender View Post
    Update: I'm sorry to say that My Mother passed away this morning while I was there at her home. The good part is that she didn't suffer, she just quietly stopped breathing while I (and a nurse) was at her bedside. It's also good to say that she made it to 97 years of age, was a WW2 veteran and had lived a full life. It's been a bit hectic for me so far today with arranging things but I have been ready for this to happen for quite some time. So, I'll be in touch with you Kenny and probably about the 1st week of May we can meet-up so that you can collect on that free buffet & slot play : )
    Im so sorry for your loss Slotbender
    KarmaSutra: When fate screws you in all sorts of creative ways...

Blog Entries
    I'm very sorry for your loss. Memory Eternal
    Dawn

@CPT Thanks Kenny. I've been very busy on the phone & computer today notifying certain people of what had happened. I'll be in touch kid! And @goldengreeke , put another shrimp on the barbie for me in Tahoe cause it looks like I'll be there to join you folks in the festivities : )

So sorry that you lost your mom. Sending you and your family prayers.