User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood Free Buffet and $20

Sounds like she was an amazing woman. The way you have taken care of her and have been such a caring, responsible son is a tribute to the kind of mother she was. So very sorry for your loss. You deserve your trip. I'll be following along. Good luck in Tahoe!

Blog Entries
    Slotbender -- First we are sorry for your loss. Sure as hell hope I make it to 97. Also, we totally understand the putting life on hold thing when caring for the elderly. We went through similar thing for 5 years with Cathy's folks. It's just the way life is.

So sorry for your loss. I too know what it's like to take care of a parent in decline. I'm so glad she died peacefully like my dad did. She was lucky to have a son like you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Slotbender, I'm so sorry for your loss, you were a wonderful son to her and I'm sure she'll be sending you good luck in Tahoe.
    Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreeke View Post
    You, my friend, have made my day and can't wait to finally meet you after all these years!
    Likewise Gene! Looking forward to it buddy! : ) I'm also planning to go to Vegas for 10 days after leaving Tahoe. I'll be booking everything in about 2 weeks. My flight will be out of Raleigh because I'm moving down to Wake Forest, NC. at the end of May. I'd move sooner but I need to stick around here for about a month to take care of any loose ends.

Sorry for your loss. What a long life she had.

James and I look forward to getting to meet you in Tahoe.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I'm glad to hear that she did not suffer. My condolences to you and your family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So sorry for your loss, but yes, I also understand about the feelings of relief & being grateful that she didn't suffer. You went above & beyond in your care for your mom, and I'm sure she appreciated it even if she may not have always said so (not saying she didn't just extrapolating from some of my relatives).

@slotbender.. so very sorry to read of the passing of your Mom. It sounds like you met all of her wishes and she was comfortable and happy to be at home to let go. I understand the relief. I look forward to meeting you in Tahoe!

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    @slotbender.. so very sorry to read of the passing of your Mom. It sounds like you met all of her wishes and she was comfortable and happy to be at home to let go. I understand the relief. I look forward to meeting you in Tahoe!
    Thank you for the very kind words @MNvegasgal (& all Jokers). So far, I have all of the funeral arrangements made. Viewing at the funeral home will be on Monday and there will be a Catholic church mass on Tuesday followed by the burial ceremony at Fort Indian Town Gap (Military Cemetery). She will be receiving full military honors with a bugler playing Taps, (playing Taps - one of her final wishes).