User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone keep a gambling log?

Quote Originally Posted by SlotMommy View Post
    For the past several years I've done the same excel spreadsheet as Georgiagambler but this year started off reckless for me and I lost too much money than I cared to remember by March so I stopped keeping track, lol. So now I have no idea how much money I've lost so far this year and honestly, I really don't want to know...I know it's bad. I'm hoping to win a big, fat HP sometime soon to make up for all my losses.
    After my trip to Vegas, I am in the positive for the first time ever. I should probably quit - right? HHH

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagambler View Post
    After my trip to Vegas, I am in the positive for the first time ever. I should probably quit - right? HHH
    That's awesome! That's too hard to do!

When I won my biggest HP ever ($5,400), it was the first time EVER in the almost 20 years I've been gambling that I came out ahead for the year. It was only by a few hundred but damn it felt good. Haven't come close to breaking even or coming out ahead since. The life of a gambler...HHH!

Yes. Tedious, but necessary for tax backup. I don't go overboard with detail -- just keep a daily log of how much total I won/lost at each property. I enter this info in the notes section of each trip's calendar event on my iPhone, so I can do it on the spot and all the trip details are in one place.

For properties where I care about keeping track of status, but that don't have a coherent way to check updates online (looking at you, Cosmopolitan), I also take a photo of my beginning and ending point balances each day on the first and last machine I play. Then tally up total trip win/loss, total points (base and multiplier), and coin-in after the trip is over.