User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes to the CET comp program and room comp rates

Changes to the CET comp program and room comp rates

I recently had a trip with a very disturbing outcome.

Based of the formula that I had been using for the past year, I thought that everything was "covered" with ease.

My host told me that he would cover my comps, but I would show this trip as "overcomped". I asked him to explain, and I explained how I thought I was well within the limits.

So, as it turns out, they have (apparently) changed the way the calculate Theo for slot players. I was told by my host at Reno that for slot players it was TC/2. This trip at LV, it was calculated as TC/3. I have asked my LV host to verify that and I will also ask my Reno host.

In addition, the room rates at Augustus Tower at Caesars Palace went from $120 a night to almost $200 a night.

So, 1000TC days are not going to be enough to "make" my room at Augustus Tower anymore.

I may have to start going to Reno/Tahoe again and save Caesars for "special" occasions.

Also, 2017 may be my last year as CET 7*, because it just won't be "worth it".

Interesting but not surprising to me. CET properties in Vegas have ALWAYS been tighter than anywhere else in the Country.

I remember 3 years ago I stayed at Harrahs in Vegas for 3 days and accumulated 3,500 TR credits. I had $180.00 in meals charged to my room and they wouldn't take one cent off...said I didn't play enough! (I had already cashed out all my RC credits in the gift shop to prevent them from using them toward my room charges.)

When I average 1,000 TR credits a day at Harrahs in Kansas City and Joliet or Horseshoe in Hammond, Tunica,and Council Bluffs, they comp off EVERYTHING!!

That really sucks especially when you give them plenty of play. I use to be a loyal CET player and decide to just now play where I am want to enjoy my stay.

So disturbing to hear about this dailun. I know for sure I'll be overcomped this weekend if true

Blog Entries
    We're fresh off a 4 nt stay at Bally's, we ended up with a little over 4000 TC this trip but only about 2600 were earned on slots. The rest were bonus points and room points.

Anyhow, the day before we left we walked in and our host comped off $250 from our room. We paid a small amount for a Jubilee Celebrity Suite upgrade from our comped room. We're not Diamond, just Platinum so we were subject to resort fees. Honestly I think we were treated great.

It seems most of the Vegas rewards programs are being tinkered with again. That's why we stopped with the Grazie program for now; our play didn't change, their comp program did.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

We average 1,400-2,000 tiers per day. I hope that will be enough to keep them happy so we continue to get the Augustus Tower. We have come to really like the room. We do not care if we get a suite because we never seem to use all of the space, but we do like a nice room. I guess we will find out after our trip next month. I may have to email our host to see if we satisfied them once we get home.

Changes to the CET comp program and room comp rates

I too will be interested to see what happens to me after my Vegas weekend.

We need a separate discussion on ADT, MDV and whatever it is that CET rates us by.

At the end of my Tahoe trip I did ask what my ADT was: will ask again at the end of this trip.... As well as MDV.

Interesting for sure making a big leap in comp pricing on rooms

OK, an update.

I asked to change my room to the Forum Tower, and my host did so. I asked him what the comp rate on a Forum Tower room was.

He came back and told me that an Augustus Tower room without a view of the Bellagio Fountains was $145, and the Forum Tower was $129, so he put me back in the Augustus Tower. I told him that I was OK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    We average 1,400-2,000 tiers per day. I hope that will be enough to keep them happy so we continue to get the Augustus Tower. We have come to really like the room. We do not care if we get a suite because we never seem to use all of the space, but we do like a nice room. I guess we will find out after our trip next month. I may have to email our host to see if we satisfied them once we get home.
    Hmmmm. I'm such a cheap bastard I can't stop at 2,000 because of the bonus credits for 2,500. I just cut back to 1,000 the next day. See my update about Augustus Tower comp rates.