User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changes to the CET comp program and room comp rates

Quote Originally Posted by dailun View Post
    Hmmmm. I'm such a cheap bastard I can't stop at 2,000 because of the bonus credits for 2,500. I just cut back to 1,000 the next day. See my update about Augustus Tower comp rates.
    Thanks for the update. I am in a minority here by not caring what kind of view I have in Vegas. I never seem to look out the window anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    We're fresh off a 4 nt stay at Bally's, we ended up with a little over 4000 TC this trip but only about 2600 were earned on slots. The rest were bonus points and room points.

Anyhow, the day before we left we walked in and our host comped off $250 from our room. We paid a small amount for a Jubilee Celebrity Suite upgrade from our comped room. We're not Diamond, just Platinum so we were subject to resort fees. Honestly I think we were treated great.

It seems most of the Vegas rewards programs are being tinkered with again. That's why we stopped with the Grazie program for now; our play didn't change, their comp program did.
    Were you comped using your reward credits?

I was peeved when I had rooms at Bally's in May for my sister's wedding. I got myself a room, and then my sister a room, which was comped. When I checked out, I saw that they charged me for resort fees for the second room. Apparently even though I'm diamond, they can't comp you for resort fees on more than one room, fine I get it. So I asked at check out if I could get those comped based on play, she sent me to see the host on duty (Lucy, maybe?) and she made a quick phone call and told me they would be comped, and wrote COMPED on my folio. Of course when I get home I discover that the $120 something was taken from my reward credits. I emailed my host, Joanne Bacon, and was told "they will not comp anything off if you have available reward credits. You must use those first."

I am very frustrated with the inconsistencies displayed with the TR comping policy.

Blog Entries
    I think they're under instruction to burn resort credits before anything else, same business I got from Venetian. I knew they did that and was fine since pur resort credit bank was empty from the last trip. We still made off with over $200 comps so I was happy
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post

I was peeved when I had rooms at Bally's in May for my sister's wedding. I got myself a room, and then my sister a room, which was comped. When I checked out, I saw that they charged me for resort fees for the second room. Apparently even though I'm diamond, they can't comp you for resort fees on more than one room, fine I get it. So I asked at check out if I could get those comped based on play, she sent me to see the host on duty (Lucy, maybe?) and she made a quick phone call and told me they would be comped, and wrote COMPED on my folio. Of course when I get home I discover that the $120 something was taken from my reward credits. I emailed my host, Joanne Bacon, and was told "they will not comp anything off if you have available reward credits. You must use those first."

I am very frustrated with the inconsistencies displayed with the TR comping policy.
    I just experienced this too. I was in San Diego last weekend and ended up staying at Harrah's there. I had an offer for a comped Friday night but no Saturday and my rate was $149. I had a host who came by to greet me so I asked him about reviewing my play at the end of my stay for the second night. He told me he would be happy to do that, but no matter how much I played if I had any reward credits that he has to take those first, then can look at giving me a discretionary comp after that. Said its a company rule. I didn't bother since I have a ton of RC's built up anyway so just used those.

I think it has been that way at Vegas CET for a long time. I remember several years ago I was staying at Paris and played pretty hard - before bonus tier credits and talked to host and he said that I qualified for comped airfare reimbursement up to $725. I asked him how that worked and he said it comes off my points. At that time I had a lot of points because of the great race that they had for a couple of years.

For quite a few years Tahoe has been the same way. They use your points first.

Now my local Horseshoe is totally different but it will probably change soon like New Orleans has.

Sorry to tell you this, but that has been my understanding of the CET comp policy for the last two years. If they're going to backend comp you, they HAVE to take your RC balance to zero first.

On this last incident with me, I had $130 in RC and they still considered me overcomped.