User Tag List

Thread: Nevada Penny Slot holds

Nevada Penny Slot holds

I'm not sure if this has been posted but I thought you might find it interesting:

For Nevada, per the Gaming Control Board Gaming Revenue Report for the 12 months ending on the last day of June 2016, statewide penny slots held 10.04%. How good of a deal you get depends on where you are at.

The Carson Valley area held 7.23%
    Downtown Vegas, 11.34%
    The Strip, 11.55%
    North Las Vegas, 9.49%
    Laughlin, 11.06%
    The Boulder Strip, 9.58%
    Mesquite, 9.58%
    South Shore Lake Tahoe, 11.20%
    Elko County, 6.87%
    Wendover, 6.42%
    Reno, 7.33%
    Sparks, 6.42%
    North Shore Lake Tahoe, 7.71%

Amazing spread. 11.55 to 6.42

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nevada Penny Slot holds

Surprising to me that the percentages for the strip and downtown are so close.

Also, thanks for the info. Do you have a link to an online site? Curious if there's other info available (or even a definition of neighborhoods).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DK528; 08-10-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the update. I've never had any luck downtown.

I think we can finally put the myth that Fremont St is looser than the Strip to bed.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Quote Originally Posted by DK528 View Post
    Surprising to me that the percentages for the strip and downtown are so close.

Also, thanks for the info. Do you have a link to an online site? Curious if there's other info available (or even a definition of neighborhoods).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I copied and pasted it from a video poker forum. I know a slot magazine used to post these stats but I'm not sure if they are still around. I do know that it's supposed to be public information
    put out by the gaming commission.

Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    Thanks for the update. I've never had any luck downtown.

I think we can finally put the myth that Fremont St is looser than the Strip to bed.
    I've never felt that downtown slots were looser than the Strip. Downtown does have much better (and more plentiful) video poker than the Strip.

Blog Entries
    Try this for Nevada Gaming. Most states have this information.

http://gaming.nv.gov/index.aspx?page=149

Darrell

Here is a link the the study's PDF. The link at the bottom of the report was dead.

http://gaming.unlv.edu/reports/nv_slot_hold.pdf

I'm with those who never found downtown to be any looser. I did feel that Reno was a bit looser when I stayed there one night with Clemi in June, however if one is on a unlucky run of it even 98 percentage might not help, LOL!
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: