User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Lesson Learned

Another Lesson Learned

I wanted to tell a little story. Feel free to read this and take from it what you will but this was my experience.

Now, I know everyone knows when it comes to comps at CET they all decide to use ALL of your reward credits first before taking or comping anything additional. It's not a great business practice by any means but its what they do. I just want to share my experience regarding this. I'd also like to point out had specific wording not been used, this wouldn't have been as big of a deal to me as it is.

So I took about two months to plan this Tahoe trip. Emails back and forth from me to the host. In one of those emails I had asked or brought up rather, seeing if they could honor an expired food voucher(As they had already agreed to honor a FP voucher). So I asked about a food voucher so that Brian and I could have a nice anniversary dinner. I was unfortunately told that they couldnt do that, which was fine. I was then told "don't worry. Just charge it to your room and I'll take care of it." Those exact words. On more than one occasion we had talked about this because she was not going to be on duty when I checked out or the night before I checked out. She said "i made note in the file that I'll cover it." I'm paraphrasing. So I have texts and emails. At no point ever did she reiterate the policy of taking RCs first. So I was operating under the assumption that she was saying she'd cover the dinner without the use of RCs. I was a fool to believe this.

I just want to put the statement out there to take what a host says with a grain of salt. NEVER believe they will cover a lunch, a dinner, any HARD comp without taking your reward credits first. I had about $178 I had been saving up for our upcoming dinner at GR Steak. All of that is gone. Had I know the "I'll cover it" was with the stipulation of "We will use your RCs and cover the rest". I may have rethought my going to dinner that night. I think that CET's business practices leave a massive sour taste in my mouth. It's no wonder some people are flocking to other properties where people say what they mean and mean what they say. I'm not saying by any means that I hate CET. I just think the way that some loyal players are handled its a little sad. Thanks for listening to my rant. If you have similar experiences please share them here. I know @Georgiagambler has.

The only redeeming quality about now having to PAY for GR Steak, is that with my TR Credit Card I get 5x reward credits for every $1 spent.

I turned all my RCs into cash on my last night in Tahoe on both of my trips. I think I got 75 cents on the dollar but it still added up to a couple hundred cash both times.

Then when they comped my room charges the next morning they had nothing to use except REAL comps. Might have pissed them off but I don't care, I still have the same host and still get the same great FP offers each month.

Blog Entries
    Seems little underhanded that they cannot just tell customers up front that is their policy. Most everyone learns the hard way if the host isn't upfront about a hard policy.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

The only way to do it is to to what @goldengreeke did. Whether you are playing in Tahoe or Vegas. Otherwise they are going to take your rc's first. At least they honored your expired freeplay and gave you a suite.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreeke View Post
    I turned all my RCs into cash on my last night in Tahoe on both of my trips. I think I got 75 cents on the dollar but it still added up to a couple hundred cash both times.

Then when they comped my room charges the next morning they had nothing to use except REAL comps. Might have pissed them off but I don't care, I still have the same host and still get the same great FP offers each month.
    That's the thing GG. If I had been told upfront "I can take your RCs and then comp the rest." Or something along those lines, instead of a blanket "I will cover it"(Where normal people assume that means that the host will take care of the WHOLE BILL) then I would have weighed my options. One of those being not eating there OR taking your suggestion and taking all my RCs into cash...but I wasn't given that choice. I was lead to believe that the host was going to in fact actually COMP the whole meal without using RCs.

Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    Seems little underhanded that they cannot just tell customers up front that is their policy. Most everyone learns the hard way if the host isn't upfront about a hard policy.
    I completely agree. All that needed to be said since I didnt ask for a hard comp on the dinner in the first place was. "While I cannot honor an expired food voucher, we can use your RCs for this dinner and then I can comp whatever those won't cover." Something along those lines. Don't use language that YOU KNOW FULL WELL is going to misrepresent the situation to the player. It's deceiving.

Quote Originally Posted by seemoreroyals View Post
    The only way to do it is to to what @goldengreeke did. Whether you are playing in Tahoe or Vegas. Otherwise they are going to take your rc's first. At least they honored your expired freeplay and gave you a suite.
    I knew that they took RCs up front. That's not the problem, the problem was that the host worded it very specifically that they were going to take care of the dinner. Making it sound like i didn't have to worry about the cost at all. There was no mention of the RCs like Hunter has said to me in the past regarding comps. This promise of "Taking care of my dinner" was a front end comp promise. It was an upfront. No mention of RCs. Had there been a mention up front about RCs first and then they would take care of the rest, it wouldn't have been such an infuriating issue for me.

Also, I didn't ask for the suite. I was fine with an Exec king. She upgraded after I had told her it was our anniversary. Then, in an email, made me feel bad about not warranting the play for the room...a room I didn't ask for in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreeke View Post

Yep, I'm doing what GG does. Have Sun, Mon, and Tues comped in Hammond. No guarantee that it's a true comp room since they aren't on the TR website to reserve and I have no history there, but I plan on using the roughly $200 in RCs at Jack Binion's Sunday night before we ever check out so even if they wanted to take them, poof, they'll be gone! I do understand your frustration though. When dealing with CET, I think you just have to assume they will take the RCs first and if you want to be assured of anything else, get it in writing, specifically asking about the RCs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tee2green; 08-23-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    Yep, I'm doing what GG does. Have Sun, Mon, and Tues comped in Hammond. No guarantee that it's a true comp room since they aren't on the TR website to reserve and I have no history there, but I plan on using the roughly $200 in RCs at Jack Binion's Sunday night before we ever check out so even if they wanted to take them, poof, they'll be gone! I do understand your frustration though. When dealing with CET, I think you just have to assume they will take the RCs first and if you want to be assured of anything else, get it in writing, specifically asked about the RCs.

That is a good plan. You'll have to tell me if they do in fact end up comping your room. You're right. While it should be assumed that CET would treat their loyal players with respect, I guess it was also my fault for believing or trusting a host saying "i'll cover it" and then not asking more detail about the RCs since I know thats what they usually do. I honestly, I guess just didn't think to ask because it was offered. It wasn't like I asked her to cover dinner at all. As my title states though, it's a lesson I learned the hard way. Unfortunately.

That's why I posted this post. I wanted people to know that what a host says should be taken with a grain of salt. Whether it's a vocal promise or a written promise. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, and make sure you ask questions before you do anything.

With the situation cet is in now. They want to use as much RC to take it off their red column. It does suck for alot of unknowing guests. They don't want players banking a ton of RC anymore. Getting .75 per dollar RC is good. Do that while you can people. It might not last.