User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reels

Hi Zeus. $1 Blazing, and Sizzling 7s. BUT, you should be playing 3 coins, 2 coins pays only 1/2 what 3 coins pays. NEVER play one as there is NO pay for any 7s, just bars.

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty conservative when it comes to slots so I'll give you a contrarian view. I think traditional 3 reels are a little more volatile than normal video slots. Most video slots will give you back fractional wins on many spins. Many .50 cent spins on videos will give you back a nickel, dime, quarter, etc whereas most 3 reels will give you back at least your bet amount on a win. So You can expect bigger bankroll swings on reels than video slots, you may win big or you may go home early.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

The only thing I would caution you on with the reels is to look at the pay table. when I first started playing slots I enjoyed playing sizzling 7s. I always play max on reels but my friends said you don't have to. Well, my first spin I did 1 coin, I was happy it hit Triple 7, thinking I would get $250 instead of $500 which was max. Well damn, this machine paid nothing for 7s unless you were playing 2 coins. Sucky lesson to learn but I never forgot about it lol.

There are a lot of machines you would get at least half but not all so just be careful and good luck

Well I can see I am really going to have to do my homework. Thanks again everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    Sassycat, since I am staying at CP, are the triple strike machines single line?
    Yes - all the dollar machines that I like are single line. Good luck!!

@zeus I would also like to say that I have played all kinds of slots in the past 20+ years. I have 4 HP on Reels & 4 HP on Videos & I noticed a common denominator each time. For me I would get a mid-level hit followed by a bunch of smaller hits then boomshakalaka the HP. Wednesday night I received 3 mixed sevens for $80 then about 10 spins later the HP.
    To quote my slotting mentor " NEVER LEAVE A HOT MACHINE - PLACE A VIRTUAL TENT AROUND IT "
    Only leave that machine when you are convinced it is Cold.
    When I am trying random reel machines I will give it 10 spins. If I get zero return on those 10 spins I move to a different machine cause it ain't happening there. Try 10 spins & assuming you win something then try 5 spins. If you win something then try 5 more spins. If you win something mid-level on the pay table keep playing as you could be about to get a HP.
    All I know is that it happened that way for me all 4 times on reels. I hope this makes sense to you Don. Best of luck to you and Allen & I will be looking forward to your first HP pic .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    @sassycat, why do you only pay $2 instead of $3? What's your reasoning?
    LOL - I am weird that way Blase. I only play one credit on a $5 machine too. I think I do it because it slows me down and I can't play as fast (or lose money as fast).

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell from WI View Post
    @zeus I would also like to say that I have played all kinds of slots in the past 20+ years. I have 4 HP on Reels & 4 HP on Videos & I noticed a common denominator each time. For me I would get a mid-level hit followed by a bunch of smaller hits then boomshakalaka the HP. Wednesday night I received 3 mixed sevens for $80 then about 10 spins later the HP.
    To quote my slotting mentor " NEVER LEAVE A HOT MACHINE - PLACE A VIRTUAL TENT AROUND IT "
    Only leave that machine when you are convinced it is Cold.
    When I am trying random reel machines I will give it 10 spins. If I get zero return on those 10 spins I move to a different machine cause it ain't happening there. Try 10 spins & assuming you win something then try 5 spins. If you win something then try 5 more spins. If you win something mid-level on the pay table keep playing as you could be about to get a HP.
    All I know is that it happened that way for me all 4 times on reels. I hope this makes sense to you Don. Best of luck to you and Allen & I will be looking forward to your first HP pic .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, buddy! Yes, it makes complete sense because it sounds like you and I are a lot alike. I use the 10 spin strategy all of the time on slots I am not familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by sassycat View Post
    At CET properties in Vegas I like to play the dollar machines - two credit machines. At CP = I do well on the triple strike machine. They have a couple of them. Even if they are 3 credits - I usually play 2 credits.

I also like the double gold dollar and the triple ice machines. Also the triple flag seven (not sure the name but it was like the one that DarrellK got his handpay on last week)
    Also the Triple Cash Machine and the triple diamond.
    I like pretty much the same type games.....love the two credit machines. I also like the nickel denoms like dvandentop posted but mostly for earning tier credits. Money seems to last longer and I can usually walk away even or ahead.

I like Triple Double Gold Dubloon and vary playing 1,2 or 3 credits. I also like Top Dollar and Pinball.