User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I have the NO trip of any kind blues

I have the NO trip of any kind blues

We had said we were going to cut down on our trips but we have one next week to New Orleans/Bossier city and Vegas/Laughlin in Feb and Tahoe in March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    Trying to plan a Vegas trip for the end of April, by any chance?
    Perhaps! Adam wants to go April or May when it's pool weather! Let's actually make this happen together!
    Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Same here no trips planned til June most likely due to Amy having to fill in at work for a girl on maternity leave.

Hopefully girl comes back early from leave
    @dvandentop - Glad you had New Years and Atlantis to get you through, but I am guessing they were close.. and now the bleak reality of Midwest Winter is setting in. Hope she comes back from Maternity early.

Trying to plan a Vegas trip for the end of April, by any chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyd View Post
    None here until August when I hope to make the AC M&G then on to Philadelphia then up to Quebec and back home, either across Canada or back through NY and OH to visit friends. Only 1 driving trip planned for this year, but the year is young!
    CurlyD - that trip sounds wonderful. I hope to get to Quebec some day.. and maybe we will meet in AC .. that is one of my plans in the works.

I know the feeling of not having a trip planned. When I was married (well, still technically married, but you know what I mean), I was pretty much ALWAYS planning a trip for Scott and I to take. There was always some milestone that we had to celebrate... his 40th birthday, my 40th birthday, our anniversary... very easy to justify when we had tons of miles and hotel points to make our trips almost free except for expenses while there. And if he couldn't go, then I was planning on going somewhere with my mom. I literally get depressed when I don't have something planned as travel is so important to me. It sucks thinking about not going to Europe or Hawaii again for a long while since I won't have anyone to travel to places like that with. So, at least I can always get away to Vegas, and Vegas is one place I don't mind going alone.

Even with me getting a divorce, Scott is still sympathetic to my "need" to travel and that's why he's graciously decided to come watch the cat this weekend while I'm in Vegas. He knows I get depressed when I don't have anything to look forward to (he doesn't know about my April trip yet, lol).
    Jen - good luck on your upcoming trip, I know you will have a blast. I am sure it is a big relief to have Scott watching your Kitty Baby.. You have had some amazing travel in your life and you will again!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I'm in the same boat pretty much. I know I am going to the Nascar truck races in June. It's a Friday night so we are staying at Winstar for a couple nights. Up until a few days ago we had a Vegas trip planned for June, but we decided to hold off on that until the fall. In its place we are going to go to New Orleans in August for a long weekend. We booked a room at Four Points on Bourban Street with a balcony. I'm pretty excited about that.

That's all that I have planned for this year so far. I know once Spring rolls around we will be going up to Oklahoma here and there.

Last year I didn't know I was going to Miami up until about a month and a half before. That's usually how my year goes.

Sounds like you have some fun stuff planned already. Winter months are hard to get through. Sorry Laughlin didn't work out for you.. Dumb Work gets in the way of our fun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    There's really only one solution to this dilemma, and that is to book something! Book something a ways out, and be sure it is completely refundable, but book it! It puts something on the calendar to look forward to, and if you end up cancelling, it's no big deal as long as you don't get your heart too set on it. I do this a lot!!
    I know booking flights on Southwest are refundable (or usuable later), Delta is just such a pain if you use miles or try an change a flight. When Keith gets home.. I am going to discuss even a 3/4 day get away. I do have tickets to see Bon Jovi in Chicago in March.. just haven't booked flights or hotel yet. That is a quick in and out.. two night deal with my best friend (She is the BON Jovi FREAK).

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    Awwww I wish you were coming to Palm Springs Cece... I like the Vacation Ninja idea though...

I get what you are saying...it's so hard when you don't have something on the calendar to look forward to.

Luckily we've got Palm Springs and then we're going to stay overnight at Mystic and go see Gladys Knight in February. We got another airfare/hotel/freeplay offer from Omaha so we are going there in March. April I think we are going to see the step daughter in Georgia. I've got a work trip to Colorado but not sure when that is. DH is going to Orlando this spring for work so I might join him there. We just booked a condo for Maui, but that's not till next January.
    Mary9915, I am going to Mystic for a night - March 18th for Shannon's 50th. You should come out and meet us for a drink.. or get a room and we can hang out . I can't wait to hear all about Palm Springs. I have a work trip to CO in May also.. Are you guys thinking of AC this year? What about Tahoe in June?
    Quote Originally Posted by sassycat View Post
    We had said we were going to cut down on our trips but we have one next week to New Orleans/Bossier city and Vegas/Laughlin in Feb and Tahoe in March. HOpe James is healing up. Have fun on your Trips. Keith wants to do Tahoe again.. so we are looking at June.. are you end of June or July?

Blog Entries
    Wish you would have booked Vegas for next Wed.! I am going solo. After my beating at Cherokee, not looking forward to it as much as usual, but I know by Monday I will be super excited. I thought I had a chance at going to Laughlin but my oldest son stationed in California will be home that weekend. Hate that I am missing David Cassidy, my teeny bopper heart throb but family first! Probably do Biloxi end of Feb. being my DH is not going to Vegas with me and he will be wanting a trip.

Few other trips this year, family reunion in Upstate NY, visit some good friends in Long Island, and a possible London trip to visit a friend, AC M&G and trade show in NOLA. Also trying to plan eating at the French Laundry in October with my oldest son and @clemi! Also want to plan a Biloxi M&G in the early fall.

Gosh, I guess when I feel like I have no life, I need to come back here and read this!

@MNvegasgal, it actually turned out good that Laughlin didn't work out. As much as I wanted to go I'm about to be forking out (not by choice) a little $$$ on my truck. My warranty just went out and now my upper control arms decided they wanted to go out. Funny how that works out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We definitely will be doing Tahoe in July for my big 60 around end of July but will probably go around the same time as last year in June too
    Will let you know when we get closer

HMMMM.. Cosmopolitan sent me an e-mail today- Free Dirks Bentley tickets on March 4th, my Birthday is the 1st.. maybe I can convince Keith we should go. If it is golf weather, he might be convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    HMMMM.. Cosmopolitan sent me an e-mail today- Free Dirks Bentley tickets on March 4th, my Birthday is the 1st.. maybe I can convince Keith we should go. If it is golf weather, he might be convinced.
    Go for it!

Everybody needs something exciting to look forward to, gambling related or not.

If we don't have that, we only have taxes and death...

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreeke View Post
    Everybody needs something exciting to look forward to, gambling related or not.

If we don't have that, we only have taxes and death...
    Got that right brotha