Quote Originally Posted by hccj View Post
ChrissyDee, We spent a week on the island of Oahu. These are some things we found to be a must: Have "Hula Pie" at Dukes on Waikiki Beach. It is just down the road from where your ship will dock. We still dream about it and have tried to find ways to have some shipped to our home, hahaha, it was that good. The food is also awesome. The famous drink there was called the "Lava Flow" it is fruity and kind of creamy. I liked it very much.

The North Shore was our favorite part of the island, aside from Pearl Harbor. There is a wonderful town called Haleiwa. The beach is awesome. You will love it. Also, we drove from Waikiki to stay at Turtle Bay for a few days. We took the scenic route along the shoreline. Along that route are some great overlooks, including one that is famous for a scene in "From Here to Eternity."

At Pearl Harbor, if you are not going on a guided tour, be sure to pay for the "audio tour." You can do this at your own pace and it is very informative and helpful.

We also had the absolute best shaved ice at the base of Diamond Head.

Not sure if any of this will be helpful, but I thought I would share it, as these are the things we still talk about after 3 years.

I hope you and your husband have a fantastic time. I am so glad you can cross this off your "bucket list."
Were you on our honeymoon with us, lol! Hubby still talks about the Hula Pie (we had it in Maui though!), but we also did the scenic drive and stayed at Turtle Bay a few nights, and went to Haleiwa for dinner and shave ice! Though, I guess with Oahu being a small island, that's everything there, lol! We stayed in Maui a majority of the trip and keep talking about when we might actually make it back there!
Really hope you've made it to SFO, NHcris! Can't wait for your pictures and reviews!