User Tag List

Thread: Autoslash

Autoslash

Anybody have any experience with autoslash.com ?

I have read a number of good reviews on the website in the last 6 months or so, but have not used it. I can't seem to figure out how they make their money and simply don't understand what consideration I am giving up in return for the benefits gained by using the website.

If you have any experience on how exactly it works and how you take advantage of a lower quoted rate once that is determined, I would be grateful for some detail.

Tired of repeatedly searching for the best rates.

Thanks
    hytail

Never heard of it looked it up, only a guess that they get a kickback from the rental car companys that let them book, looks like not all do....Did see some issues with them using coupon codes that do not apply to the user and that being an issue.

On a relentless quest for lower rental car fees I came across this outfit call autoslash.com. To further my understanding I came across this blog of three years of comments on the outfit.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/renta...iscussion.html

Seems legit. So I am going to raise my risk profile by wadding in. I will let you all know how I fare...

@hytail, I'm not familiar with autoslash but I'm always weary of third-party sites.

If it's a case of prepaying (which they usually stipulate), carefully check the cancellation, drop-off and change fees. Look at the taxes carefully. That's where they nail you.
    We had a client book through a third-party site, to save $200 on the rental from National. They ended up having to extend by one week and dropping off in another city to the tune of $6000.00.
    True story.
    Last edited by Mauretania; 05-21-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Just to add, flyertalk is an excellent forum for Road Warrior information.
    They post corporate car rental discount codes such as IBM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauretania View Post
    Just to add, flyertalk is an excellent forum for Road Warrior information.
    They post corporate car rental discount codes such as IBM.
    What section is that usually under?

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    What section is that usually under?
    Not sure if this is the section Mauretania is talking about but I've looked here before. It's hard to find anything specific though because it's a running thread and not really posted as a list that could be updated.
    https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rent...-codes-47.html

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As a reference point, did not find codes found on different websites of much savings or discount. Even tried the ones Sonder linked to a couple of days ago.

Also, so far rate/reservation I have is lowest so far but still over $200 for 4 days.

I'll keep grinding away.. .